The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-02-2014, 02:12 AM   #1
Allio
Foot Elite

Digimon Adventure Returns for a new Season

So yesterday was Odaiba Memorial Day

Yesterday they had the live "Digimon The Animation 15th anniversary" event

and then at the end they announced a new season featuring the adventure cast, at least Taichi,

I mean, it can't be as bad as Adventure 02 can it?
Old 08-02-2014, 05:05 AM   #2
Shred Head
Hench Mutant

I was jumping up and down screaming the first time I saw that on youtube. Sure Digimon hasn't been half as good as it was with 01 and tamers but there is hope. I mean as long as they don't bring any writers or producers or anything from Xcros Wars I'm sure it will be OK. You know what I'm going into this optimistically. I mean they already corrected one dumbass mistake from 02 and Taichi is the main protagonist again. So I think things are looking bright.

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:08 AM   #3
Allio
Foot Elite

Xros Wars was okay, I feel that it and Frontier are about average, my favorite is still Digimon Savers.

Though the best digimon is still the movie Digimon X-Evolution

I tend to rank digimon as

Favorite: Savers

X-evolution > V-Tamers > Tamers > Xros Wars manga > Adventure = Next > Xros Wars = Frontier > sh!t > Adventure 02 > Xros Hunters
Old 08-02-2014, 09:16 AM   #4
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

nice

Always been a fan of digimon. Glad they're thriving.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:20 AM   #5
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
Always been a fan of digimon. Glad they're thriving.
It's just dead in the states
Old 08-02-2014, 09:44 AM   #6
Ninjinister
無問題

I was excited for Data Squad and saw two, maybe three episodes which were alright, but then they switched the date without any announcement that I saw... and now I don't have cable, so #yolo.

Honestly, though, I'm more stoked for All-Star Rumble. I didn't have an N64 so Rumble Arena, while the poor man's Smash, was all I had access to and I loved it.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #7
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I was excited for Data Squad and saw two, maybe three episodes which were alright, but then they switched the date without any announcement that I saw... and now I don't have cable, so #yolo.
Yeah...Frontier and Savers' dubs didn't exactly have the most solid schedule when airing in the states
Old 08-02-2014, 11:31 AM   #8
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I got to see all of Frontier when it was on Jetix. It's Tamers that had the weird airing schedule, IIRC; I wouldn't know about Savers since I haven't actually gotten around to watching that one yet and I know I should. Maybe I'll go buy the DVD set.

Anyway, I was so incredibly excited for this news it isn't even funny. I just wonder what it means for 02, since I honestly rather liked it [aside from its epilogue, obviously]. I'd probably rank the series Tamers > Adventure > Adventure 02 > Xros Wars > Frontier, as I skipped Savers when it came out since the protag didn't wear goggles [hey, I was a younger, shallower guy at the time!]
Old 08-02-2014, 11:45 AM   #9
Peanut
Second Gear

Which is too bad, because Savers is probably the most consistently good season of all. Closely followed by Tamers, of course.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:39 PM   #10
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Yeah...Frontier and Savers' dubs didn't exactly have the most solid schedule when airing in the states
Yeah I missed out about 1/3 of Frontier because of its airing inconsistency.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #11
pharaohyami5000
Thug

Digimon is returning to television? That's fantastic news.

Wonder what the structure for this series will be? It did say Digimon Adventures to be returning, but will it be a new concept or is it planning to adapt the manga version?
pharaohyami5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:56 PM   #12
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharaohyami5000 View Post
planning to adapt the manga version?
man I would love a v-tamers animated series, but considering that the video specifically specifies Digimon Adventure, that isn't happening
Old 08-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #13
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Which is too bad, because Savers is probably the most consistently good season of all. Closely followed by Tamers, of course.
Yeah, I'm well aware of that. I just haven't gotten a chance to see it since I didn't watch it when it was on TV... though I might not have had cable at the time anyway so it wouldn't have mattered!
Old 08-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #14
Prowler
Emperor

I remember watching the 3rd season of Digimon back when I was a kid. It was quite good, from what I remember. Never watched the others, but I've always heard good things about Digimon anime series.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:39 PM   #15
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

The 3rd one was Tamers. It's probably the best one, so you got the good one!
Old 08-02-2014, 05:40 PM   #16
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
The 3rd one was Tamers. It's probably the best one, so you got the good one!
I was lucky then.

Same thing happened with Beyblade as well. I was aware of the first couple of seasons but only ended up watching the 3rd one. Man, the artwork for the first season looks terrible
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:36 AM   #17
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Yeah, I'm well aware of that. I just haven't gotten a chance to see it since I didn't watch it when it was on TV... though I might not have had cable at the time anyway so it wouldn't have mattered!
I never watched the dub, so I don't know what it was like and thus never watched it on TV, though I don't know that it ever even aired in Canada. Savers was actually the very first anime I ever watched completely subbed and followed while it aired in Japan.

Anyways, does anyone know how much Digimon is available on DVD and/or digitally at this point? I know Adventure, 02 and Tamers are pretty readily available, but what abouts Data Squad?

Also, did Xros Wars ever air or anything? Again, it never ever came to Canada, but I don't know that it even aired to completion in the US. I've watched 4 or 5 episodes on Crunchyroll, but it seems not so great.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:14 PM   #18
Shred Head
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Also, did Xros Wars ever air or anything? Again, it never ever came to Canada, but I don't know that it even aired to completion in the US. I've watched 4 or 5 episodes on Crunchyroll, but it seems not so great.
I don't know anything about Canada but in America Xros Wars is pretty hard to find and its called Digimon Fusion for the west. It currently airs on Nicktoons Network a network not on allot of cable packages. Its also on the CW's kids block Vortex but that's going to be replaced with infomercials soon so I'm not really counting it. Tell the truth just stick with crunchy roll the dubb is awful this comes from a guy who loves most dubbs. This is also the most edited Digimon series to date. I'm talking they out 4Kids in editing I mean editing Lilymon's and Omnimon's cloths because there supposedly too sexual suggestive.

Also all the Digimon seasons from season one to Data Squad have all been released on DVD. But the DVD is english dubb only and so far I have heard no info of a uncut subbed release ever happening. Kinda shocked Monster Rancher can get an uncut subbed version but not Digimon.

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 01:56 PM   #19
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
I never watched the dub, so I don't know what it was like and thus never watched it on TV, though I don't know that it ever even aired in Canada. Savers was actually the very first anime I ever watched completely subbed and followed while it aired in Japan.

Anyways, does anyone know how much Digimon is available on DVD and/or digitally at this point? I know Adventure, 02 and Tamers are pretty readily available, but what abouts Data Squad?

I always watch dubs whenever they're available. I mutitask while I watch things, and you can't do that with a sub, so I rather dislike them if the dub is of watchable quality. I think the only subbed anime I have ever watched more than a few episodes of are Ginga Nagareboshi Gin and the first three Digimon series [they're my favourites so I made sure to watch both dub and sub; prefer the dubs of all three]. I also watched much of Xros Wars' sub since I was able to keep up with the releases of that one. Didn't like it much though and once a dub was announced I stopped.

Xros Wars' dub [Fusion] is currently airing on the CW in the states. I watch it whenever I have free Saturday mornings. It isn't too great, honestly, but Dorulumon's voice saved it from unwatchability.

And yes, Adventure, 02, and Tamers are all available on Netflix, and the first five series are all on DVD. Reasonably priced, too. Dubs make me very happy.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #20
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I am a little confused here. Is it just Tai coming back with some new set or will Matt and the others return too? If there is some retconning involved or it picks up two years after Adventure 02 and includes more than just Tai and Agumon then count me in.

Tags
digimon