The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Nothing scarier than shrunken heads, nut busters and a little dueling banjo...
I understand NOTHING. 8( 44 35.77%
And so goes another conflicted trip on the Apritello Romance Rollercoaster! 29 23.58%
Donnie better Never be in a room with Leatherhead AND Bigfoot, because he willl have NO face left. 5 4.07%
Noooo Ice Cream Kitty!!! 34 27.64%
And you thought Kraang Prime being a dude was a surprise.... 11 8.94%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2014, 06:24 AM   #221
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Yikes!!! 7/10

I didn't think the episode was that bad.

So this is the worst episode of all seasons so far since Showdown which was given a 7.2
7/10 still isn't bad.

It's still better than lots of other things reviewed on the site.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #222
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I kinda hope next week's or one of the others has a bit of a wink to the Evil Dead Movies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Mutant View Post
I thought the part when April was tripped and pulled back into the woods was kind of an Evil dead wink. Like when the girl was trying to come up from the cellar, almost made it, was tripped and pulled back down.

The scenes looked almost identical.

Unless that was suppose to be a wink to something else?
You're forgetting that that episode was called "Within The Woods".

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42

Last edited by THGhost; 10-12-2014 at 11:23 AM.
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:13 AM   #223
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
yes...I did skip the episode...I'm kinda done with all the weird comedy episodes XD and the whole love thing....bleh...I saw some of the first part though.

and

Your lying! There must be something!! (thank you T^T)
Not a single love interest part.

And, c'mon, watch the episode. It had some legit funny parts in it.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:22 AM   #224
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

I would skip these kinds of episodes too. Or at least just watch the Turtle interactions cause I did love the scene with Leo and Raph playing console games! (The butt-shaking part was too much though...)

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:12 AM   #225
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
One of the funniest fillers I've seen from this show. The scene with Bigfoot and ICK had me laughing so much.
Totally!

And the animation is truly beautiful, so much improvement. Wow. I really like the forest environment, so much greenery. Such a nice change from the damp dark city setting.

I love Raph cleaning the toilet lmao. When he wears the mask, his breathing sound is totally Darth Vader's! Go and have a listen to it again. Ciro you sneaky bastard! Love the easter egg.

And when Raph beaten Leo, he did a victory wiggle butt dance lol. That cracked me up.

April making over Big Foot, DAAAW so adorable. April's facial expression of creativity and concentration when she's cutting the hair and putting on lipstick was really great... just superb animation all around, like watching a movie.

When the pace changes to sadness of rejection, they really didn't hold back. After Donnie ran away from her, Leo was insulting her and was laughing with Casey (wtf Leo I expected more class from you ), making her cry and ran way into the forest. Such pain and despair...my heart.

The fight with The Finger.. that dude sure can take a lot of beating with Donnie's bo staff.. And did he just cracked Mikey's nuts with his knee? Turtle balls go bye-bye.

And finally, Apritello kiss storyboard came to life! Woot ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Spoiler:

Was anybody else reminded of The Powerpuff Girls when they saw this?

Teehee

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 10-12-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:38 AM   #226
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Totally!

And the animation is truly beautiful, so much improvement. Wow. I really like the forest environment, so much greenery. Such a nice change from the damp dark city setting.

I love Raph cleaning the toilet lmao. When he wears the mask, his breathing sound is totally Darth Vader's! Go and have a listen to it again. Ciro you sneaky bastard! Love the easter egg.

And when Raph beaten Leo, he did a victory wiggle butt dance lol. That cracked me up.

April making over Big Foot, DAAAW so adorable. April's facial expression of creativity and concentration when she's cutting the hair and putting on lipstick was really great... just superb animation all around, like watching a movie.

When the pace changes to sadness of rejection, they really didn't hold back. After Donnie ran away from her, Leo was insulting her and was laughing with Casey (wtf Leo I expected more class from you ), making her cry and ran way into the forest. Such pain and despair...my heart.

The fight with The Finger.. that dude sure can take a lot of beating with Donnie's bo staff.. And did he just cracked Mikey's nuts with his knee? Turtle balls go bye-bye.

http://i.imgur.com/eIr4MD2.gif

Teehee
Sorry to be a bother, but could you put those huge images under a spoiler tag please? ^^;
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #227
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Done. No problem.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:51 AM   #228
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Yikes!!! 7/10

I didn't think the episode was that bad.

So this is the worst episode of all seasons so far since Showdown which was given a 7.2
I just don't think he cared for the villain much, or the extra juvenile humor. But he admitted, this episode was definitely geared more towards kids. I can agree with that, my little cousin sat down and watched this, and she was very amused by the whole thing, starting with the spider playing the banjo. I don't think I've seen her laugh this hard since watcing Finding Nemo. After you rip off the layers of the show and it's intentions, I just have to accept that this is still meant for kids, and it's not an HBO or FX show. (Even though a TMNT series on HBO would absolutely rock, IMO)

Quote:
I hate to say it, but the Nick's version of Leo is just a tad, just a little bit, vain! I think I saw a hint of it during Shellacne, when Mikey asked if he ever got a zit, and he was like "Oh no, never!" And it's good, it gives Leo character.

Quote:
Yep, now that chapter is been laid to rest, I wonder what the next one will be that starts fueds, other than the "April kissed him on the lips, no, she kissed him on the cheek!" The meltdowns are really funny! Due to the reaction this whole Capritello thing is causing, don't expect them to stop it anytime soon just because a few technodromers are hating it. It's doing exactly what they want it to do, sparking debate, conversation and attention.

Last edited by Warhorse; 10-12-2014 at 11:04 AM.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #229
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Looks like someone over at Nick is a PPG fan.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #230
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Totally!

http://i.imgur.com/eIr4MD2.gif

Teehee
I never noticed the PPG backgrounds. Cool.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:36 PM   #231
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant

Very weird episode and kind of ridiculous. It's a filler episode. The only parts that I like were when Donnie gave April the music box, although she didn't received that well and when she tries to console him.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:03 PM   #232
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I wish they'd have just called him Bonesteel, though. Might as well have been him, after all.
I thought they were trying to avoid any Next Mutation references.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:12 PM   #233
Donny's computer84
Thug

Cool

This episode was a bit strange, did have some humor though.
Donny's computer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:14 PM   #234
brosuke_hanamura
Random Punk

Well that was......interesting, not my favorite nor did I exactly like it but honestly that was pretty darn entertaining, though I do not think the finger should have lasted that long in a fight. The Casey, Leo scene was a nice surprise and I hope we see more of that and poor ICK
brosuke_hanamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #235
CyberCubed
Overlord

Did this episode remind anyone else of Animanics or Looney Tunes? Its basically the closest comparison I could think of.

The hunter was like Elmer Fudd and the beast was like any type of Warner Brothers crazy animal character.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #236
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Did this episode remind anyone else of Animanics or Looney Tunes? Its basically the closest comparison I could think of.

The hunter was like Elmer Fudd and the beast was like any type of Warner Brothers crazy animal character.
The only thing Fudd and The Finger have in common are that they are both hunters. Nothing else.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:02 PM   #237
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The finger was funny. I loved how he even did the whole 'immortal Hulk Hogan' thing. The episode was full of good scenes. The look Don did when raph pointed out how don acted around April and he was at a loss for words. As for Leo I don't really hold against him. People do act like that. Just cause he's a good guy in the show doesn't mean he has to be a goody two shoes 24/7. It makes the show feel more real and makes Leo feel more like a real character.

The final scene was so well acted. You hear the pain in Donnie's voice as he's about to give up the love of his life. April had this shocked look of sadness on get face. It didn't look like she was just worried about his feelings. It looked more like 'omg I'm losing him' or 'he's breaking up with me?' Idk. The face she made was priceless.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:45 PM   #238
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

I am fearful for this series. I am ready to bank that nothing they can do can top 'The Gauntlet'. Those precious 2 or so minutes of Shredder vs. turtles fighting with the intense theme music was better than anything else I have seen in any other episode thus far. At this pace, there is no possible way this series can top the 2003 series for me because while the 2003 series had bad episodes scattered here or there, this series does many in a row. And when this series has bad episodes, I am talking "Turtle Titan/Justice Force/Garbageman/Nano" level of "bad" for each of it's crap episodes......one after another. Not just "meh" type episodes like 2003 had (not counting FF and beyond), but "God I feel utterly ashamed of myself for watching this" types of episodes. I will never have a need to watch this one again.

Last edited by FlawedCoil82; 10-12-2014 at 10:13 PM.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:50 PM   #239
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

bleh. I didn't really like it.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 09:50 PM   #240
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
I am fearful for this series. I am ready to bank that nothing they can do can top 'The Gauntlet'. Those precious 2 or so minutes of Shredder vs. turtles fighting with the intense theme music was better than anything else I have seen in any other episode thus far. At this pace, there is no possible way this series can top the 2003 series for me because while the 2003 series had bad episodes scattered here or there, this episode does many in a row. And when this series has bad episodes, I am talking "Turtle Titan/Justice Force/Garbageman/Nano" level of "bad" for each of it's crap episodes......one after another. Not just "meh" type episodes like 2003 had (not counting FF and beyond), but "God I feel utterly ashamed of myself for watching this" types of episodes. I will never have a need to watch this one again.
did u even watch the season 2 finale?