The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-20-2016, 05:57 PM   #21
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

personally i'd love to see a robot chicken animator or someone do a stop motion parody of the wacky racers using some of the vehicles. i mean just look at the shredder mobile.

if thats not dick dastardly style i don't know what is.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:03 PM   #22
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Considering how they didn't produce toys for about half of the seasons of 2K3...
Barring BTTS, what were they slacking on? To my memory, pretty much every key character you'd want a toy of, had one...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:11 PM   #23
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Barring BTTS, what were they slacking on? To my memory, pretty much every key character you'd want a toy of, had one...
Nothing from Lost Season, either. And half of the Fast Forward stuff never got past toy shows.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:19 PM   #24
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
No Chaplin, no Tribunal Acolytes or "Shredder Variants". Those immediately come to mind.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:22 PM   #25
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Nothing from Lost Season, either. And half of the Fast Forward stuff never got past toy shows.
Weren't the Mystic Fury turtles based on the Lost Season, or am I mixing things up? & yeah it's a shame the Inuwashi Gunjin got cancelled but we got a pretty good assortment of FF figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
No Chaplin, no Tribunal Acolytes or "Shredder Variants". Those immediately come to mind.
Did more than like 5 people want those, though? I mean, Playmates knows their demographic has never been too big on human toys, barring the classic characters. I see where you guys are coming from, though.

Old 09-20-2016, 06:24 PM   #26
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Weren't the Mystic Fury turtles based on the Lost Season, or am I mixing things up? & yeah it's a shame the Inuwashi Gunjin got cancelled but we got a pretty good assortment of FF figures.

Did more than like 5 people want those, though? I mean, Playmates knows their demographic has never been too big on human toys, barring the classic characters. I see where you guys are coming from, though.
Yeah, the Mystic Turtles were about the only thing Playmates did for the Lost Season.

I wouldn't have wanted a Chaplin, but Joy, Feragi, and the other two? Sure. Wasted character potential, didn't do much in the series... wouldn't mind them getting revamped by IDW someday.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:39 PM   #27
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
The Mystic Turtles were released closer to Mutant Nightmare so I always assumed that if that wasn't supposed to be a preview for Season 4, that they ended up porting them from the game to the series.

In addition to the Gunjin Leader and the Turtles variants planned, Biggles, President Bishop, Starlee, Triple Threat, Street Phantom, and Kanabo Splinter were shown.

Quote:
I am still convinced that more people want stuff like that than Playmates says. And if they didn't want to just release the Acolytes as regular figs, they could have had Mutations ones that became their totems. Could've done that with Shredder and the Turtles, too. Could've had a two-pack with Splinter in his new duds plus Ancient One, could've had all of the Tribunal, a bunch of the monsters and stuff introduced in the season, the Justice Force members that never got made.... I think after watching the season I had estimated about 30 or so unique figs that could have been made, not including variants.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:59 PM   #28
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
In addition to the Gunjin Leader and the Turtles variants planned, Biggles, President Bishop, Starlee, Triple Threat, Street Phantom, and Kanabo Splinter were shown.

I am still convinced that more people want stuff like that than Playmates says. And if they didn't want to just release the Acolytes as regular figs, they could have had Mutations ones that became their totems. Could've done that with Shredder and the Turtles, too. Could've had a two-pack with Splinter in his new duds plus Ancient One, could've had all of the Tribunal, a bunch of the monsters and stuff introduced in the season, the Justice Force members that never got made.... I think after watching the season I had estimated about 30 or so unique figs that could have been made, not including variants.
Wait, all those characters had prototype toys shown? I'd love to see pics, if there are any! I don't mourn 'em, though.

As for the others, yeah, I'm sure some people did, maybe even a decent amount, but probably not enough to warrant making them. That's one thing I will side with Playmates on. Agree to disagree, I suppose.

Old 09-21-2016, 01:50 AM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord

They showed a toy for Cyber Shredder from BTTS that never came out either.

Would have also liked a figure of Khan. I liked the speculation that he was one of the 4 Elite Guards which is why his character didn't seem like he came out of nowhere. Plus 4kids played the Elite Guard theme music everytime he fought in BTTS.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:55 AM   #30
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Wait, all those characters had prototype toys shown? I'd love to see pics, if there are any! I don't mourn 'em, though.
Here's a few courtesy of our buddy Vaughn

Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:58 AM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

That Street Phantom looks hilarious.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:18 AM   #32
Powder
So tired of this place

Huh! How 'bout that. It's not often something like that escapes me, but there they are. As expected, virtually no articulation, but the paint & likenesses are mighty fine. I guess it's too bad they never made it to market, though I personally would probably have skipped all of them. Thanks for posting the shots!

Old 09-21-2016, 07:25 AM   #33
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Those are sweet
Old 09-21-2016, 05:16 PM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm surprised Starlee was going to get a figure when girl figures typically don't sell well in boys lines.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:19 PM   #35
snake
Disgusting

Triple Threat is a cool looking figure. Him and President Bishop are the only real losses from those pics
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 05:58 PM   #36
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Purple Dragon
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:03 AM   #37
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Turtle View Post
Which was odd because the tv show was made to sell the toys.
Fred Wolf says on the Turtle Power documentary he wanted to avoid making the cartoon just another toy commercial. Unfortunately we don't get to see him elaborate on that. Perhaps there's some truth in what he said? More power to him I say. The writers didn't seem to care much for the Playmates toyline. There's an episode which features the toy trashcan that flings trash and the writer makes fun of it by having the thing be completely useless.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 02:54 PM   #38
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
There's an episode which features the toy trashcan that flings trash and the writer makes fun of it by having the thing be completely useless.
Corporate Raiders from Dimension X. Not really useless when it sprayed a lot of water onto several brainwashed businessmen in a single time.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 09:03 AM   #39
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Corporate Raiders from Dimension X. Not really useless when it sprayed a lot of water onto several brainwashed businessmen in a single time.
I remember it flinging rubbish and completely missing it's target. Everyone seemed unimpressed.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:42 PM   #40
miru
Mad Scientist

Heck, even the 2007 line had a few of these. For example, the Alien Hunter line. There were also going to be some in the Sub-Sewer line and the cancelled "Global Mutant Missions" line, as well as some other cancelled stuff. However, these newcomers had quite a different flavor from the old ones, and don't seem to be remembered fondly. And yeah, they should have released the Starlee figure, perhaps as a 2-pack with Cody Jones (to possibly open up a line slot for another villain character?)