The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-04-2021, 03:46 PM   #21
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Meanwhile in India
Holy carp!
Now, that's...something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Don't they know Hitler hated dark skinned people? I think some often forget that besides Jews, Hitler would also eventually go after blacks/muslims/indians, everyone. He believed everyone would be white and blonde (despite Hitler himself having black hair, oddly enough).
Not really: he also wanted to exterminate Russians, who he thought were inferior to Arians, despite the fact that most Russians have white skin and ancient ties to Germanic people: our first ruling dynasty was founded (according to the legends) by a Viking king.

Which makes existence of Russian Neo Nazis hilarious and stupid.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:53 PM   #22
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Hitler did nothing wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
I just hope that Amazon logo designer won't lose his job for secretly being a nazi.
He should be fired for being a ****** graphic designer.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 04:28 PM   #23
IMJ
Emperor

I don't really have any objection to this action per se, but as usual I'm left wondering about the psychology at play.

I mean... who looks at that amazon graphic and that's where their mind goes? Furthermore, once they do who actually has "outrage" over this?

That's where I'm at with this culture - I want all of the finger pointers identified and sussed out. I don't want people to be able hide behind the anonymity of a Twitter account so that they can stir **** up. I want to see these people.

I want to judge their "outrage" for myself and I want everyone on Earth to be able to see the "people of cancel culture".

Again - I could care less about Amazon changing their strange symbol, but more about that we have enabled these manipulations and that these people get actual responses.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 04:35 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Like you could spend 2 million developing a design for a new pontoon boat... but maybe some pinkhair lurking the net finds it, digs up a picture of Goebbells with a similar design on a bracelet and suddenly your design is cancelled.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 04:47 PM   #25
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I don't really have any objection to this action per se, but as usual I'm left wondering about the psychology at play.

I mean... who looks at that amazon graphic and that's where their mind goes? Furthermore, once they do who actually has "outrage" over this?

That's where I'm at with this culture - I want all of the finger pointers identified and sussed out. I don't want people to be able hide behind the anonymity of a Twitter account so that they can stir **** up. I want to see these people.

I want to judge their "outrage" for myself and I want everyone on Earth to be able to see the "people of cancel culture".

Again - I could care less about Amazon changing their strange symbol, but more about that we have enabled these manipulations and that these people get actual responses.
The same people who claim all white people are racist or somehow have any special rights or privileges afforded to them simply because of their whiteness of their skin.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 05:54 PM   #26
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I want all of the finger pointers identified and sussed out. I don't want people to be able hide behind the anonymity of a Twitter account so that they can stir **** up. I want to see these people.

I don't know. People say a lot of things on twitter, facebook, boards like this and other places. It has been so since the beginning of the internet era and there's nothing wrong. What's really changed is that at some point big companies like Amazon here started to listen to them and to take actions accordingly. At some point in our recent history the stuff you write on twitter started to be relevant. People started to lose their job for saying stuff on facebook. Multimillionaire companies started to look to social media with fear, like something out there could crash them in a second if they are not ready to fight back immediately or to hide if someone proves them faulty. That's the real wrong thing to me.
A guy thinks the new Amazon app logo looks like Hitler, so what? Do you really want to accuse him for having a pair of eyes and a bit of imagination? Ok, maybe a lot of imagination but that doesn't make any difference. Imagination is not crime, not yet.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:16 PM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
I don't know. People say a lot of things on twitter, facebook, boards like this and other places. It has been so since the beginning of the internet era and there's nothing wrong. What's really changed is that at some point big companies like Amazon here started to listen to them and to take actions accordingly.
I think what's happened is that the people who were once in high school that were the pink-haired complainers are now the people working at high level positions in Amazon and so on. Now their "problematic" stuff can be discussed in boardrooms. It's all probably pretty gratifying for them.

But no. The lesson should always be -- whether talking about this kind of stuff or celebrities complaining of "bullying" on their Twitter or Instagram -- that you should never, ever listen to people on the internet. Never. They shouldn't be humored, pandered to, and certainly not have policies drafted to suit their whines.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:20 PM   #28
Prowler
Emperor

Some companies are taking the "the customer is always right" saying way too literally. Not every single complaint should make a company change its ways. That's stupid. I'm sure amazon and other big corporations get thousands of daily complaints. Why focus on one by someone who either has a very wild imagination or is just trying too hard to see offensive stuff where it doesn't exist? Shouldn't they be focusing on complaints about customers with issues checking out or not getting their orders instead?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:44 PM   #29
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I think what's happened is that the people who were once in high school that were the pink-haired complainers are now the people working at high level positions in Amazon and so on. Now their "problematic" stuff can be discussed in boardrooms. It's all probably pretty gratifying for them.
Yep.

Good lord, this kinda thing is why we can't retire the word "retarded", because nothing else comes close.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 10:58 PM   #30
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I gotta be honest...I can see it. It’s just one of those weird things. You see something that resembles something else and then it’s kind of all you see. I recently saw Porche cars being compared to frogs and I never realized it.

The Amazon arrow is clearly meant to be a smile, the box color is skin tone so whatever you put above is gonna coming off like a face.

A little Amazon package was a cute idea for an icon but isolated it definitely looks like a mustache. Could be Charlie Chaplin (Key and Peele ) but it DOES look like it.

It’s just one of those things. Design anything and you’re bound to look at and think does it look like another thing? Does it look like someone else’s design? Especially details.

I’m sure cartoon characters go through many revisions of things for whatever reason. It’s just nobody brings up every specific stuff or why they wanted to stay away from certain choices.
Old 03-04-2021, 11:14 PM   #31
Leo656
The Franchise

You're seeing it because you were told to see it. You'd never in a million years have said "HEY that looks like a Hitler mustache!" if someone else's outside data hadn't pushed your mind towards that conclusion.

It's like a "don't think about pink elephants" kind of thing. You'd never even think about them until someone says "DON'T think about Pink Elephants", and suddenly that's the only thing you can think about. Power of suggestion and all that.

It absolutely does not look like a Hitler mustache. For one thing, his mustache wasn't blue, last I checked.

It's clear they were just going for a "simple" design that expressed what the company was about - shipping packages - and everything from the color scheme to the placement of the "tape" was all about that. And then some Liberal Arts major over-thought it like a numbnuts and made it A Whole Big Thing.

Mark my words, we're about ten years away from every company's "logo" being plain text on a blank background because everything else is too "problematic". The only reason we're not there already, is because The Powers That Be can't decide if it's black font on white background that's "racist", or if it's the other way around. As soon as they figure it out, that's what everything is gonna be.

Because we can't have actual nice things with even a smidgen of creativity or thought put into them. Not anymore. Not since the Pink Hairs started seeing racism and Hitler mustaches everywhere.

Sometimes I'm glad that at my age I'm halfway to Dead. Because I absolutely don't want to see the Orwellian nightmare that's waiting just around the corner for us.

Old 03-04-2021, 11:43 PM   #32
Wildcat
Foot Elite

No whatever you put above a smiley mouth is gonna look like a face. Especially the way it was before. Hitler or not it looked like a cartoon mustache.

I never noticed because I don’t use the app. I always use their main website. So I genuinely was not even aware until now.

Sure power of suggestion but we’ve all seen things on our own that we thought looked like something else.

People like being outraged about “Political Correctness” but it’s just one of those silly things. If something inadvertently looks inappropriate it should probably be changed.
Old 03-05-2021, 06:23 AM   #33
Leo656
The Franchise

That's the kind of thinking that took away that sexy Land-O-Lakes broad on the butter packages. Shame on you.

Old 03-05-2021, 08:33 AM   #34
IMJ
Emperor

Well the other thing is these sort of intangible, air-like descriptions online that centralize all of this. "Dr. Seuss Cancelled Because of Backlash Towards Offensive Content"! What backlash? Where? From who?

The "people of Twitter"? Who the hell are these people? The only information that we see is a twitter list of what? 2 - 100 people on a Twitter thread? There are hundreds of millions of people across the U.S.

I want some investigative reporter to do a Pulitzer winning piece that basically identifies the complainers and cancellers and puts in perspective the ratio of them against "real people" as well as the reality of their outlet of complaint.

I want as many examples pointed out as possible where something was targeted "By committee" and where something was targeted by a singular person on Twitter.
Old 03-05-2021, 10:36 AM   #35
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Same with Kitzmiller from 007 , he felt he was better treated living in Italy than the US
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 11:02 AM   #36
Sumac
Banned

I bet most of the complainers are lonely losers at Twitter who consider themselves next Che Gevaras.

They throw some trash accusation in the air and others pick them up, because being offended is cool this days, it nets fame and company of the powerful people, which can be converted to money and power.

Most of those people either hypocrites or idiots. Very few of them can actually back up ideology they promote. Though I suspect most of them won't even be able to tell what ideology they represent except for vague "we are for everything good, against everything bad".
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 01:42 PM   #37
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Well the other thing is these sort of intangible, air-like descriptions online that centralize all of this. "Dr. Seuss Cancelled Because of Backlash Towards Offensive Content"! What backlash? Where? From who?

The "people of Twitter"? Who the hell are these people? The only information that we see is a twitter list of what? 2 - 100 people on a Twitter thread? There are hundreds of millions of people across the U.S.

I want some investigative reporter to do a Pulitzer winning piece that basically identifies the complainers and cancellers and puts in perspective the ratio of them against "real people" as well as the reality of their outlet of complaint.

I want as many examples pointed out as possible where something was targeted "By committee" and where something was targeted by a singular person on Twitter.
Twitter and especially reddit are two of the Internets biggest echo chambers. It's hilarious how people on both those platforms believe the commonly held opinions in those places are representative of the majority. I remember one time I posted something in reddit and someone asked me "how are you out of touch if you're on reddit?" and I nearly fell off my chair laughing.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 02:12 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

Twitter is the most popular social media website.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 04:51 PM   #39
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Twitter is the most popular social media website.
Sewers are also the most used causeways for toilet runoff.
Old 03-05-2021, 05:07 PM   #40
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Twitter and especially reddit are two of the Internets biggest echo chambers. It's hilarious how people on both those platforms believe the commonly held opinions in those places are representative of the majority. I remember one time I posted something in reddit and someone asked me "how are you out of touch if you're on reddit?" and I nearly fell off my chair laughing.
I joined Reddit, made one comment and my "karma" for comments is -100. And stuck there. Not even sure what that means but its funny as all heck to me. It was in the subthread AITA about a 16 or 17 yr old, with a job being asked to pay rent & help buy groceries. Nothing was said about the amount being anything crazy. I simply said doing those things can be helpful for the young adult as they learn how to budget & pay rent & in the long run, will be 100% beneficial to them. Then the author added that they charge the kid like half his paycheck & threatened to boot him if he doesn't pay rent to which I said, "then yeah, thats wrong. Lol." A parents job isn't about making life easy for their kids. Its about teaching them about the real world.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote