The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-08-2021, 02:32 PM   #1321
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
the other Wally who is off doing other stuff...
Apparently just very busy being gay?

"Most of us will not survive the 2020s or be shadows of our former selves." - Coola Yagami
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 09:29 PM   #1322
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Apparently just very busy being gay?

I never said it was important stuff....
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 09:54 PM   #1323
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I actually liked the guy's performance just fine as Wally. I just felt bad for him because it was clear these writers aren't able to do anything with new characters once they finish being "mentored." Over and over again you see it happen on these shows. Then just onto someone new to train or mentor.

"Most of us will not survive the 2020s or be shadows of our former selves." - Coola Yagami
Old 12-09-2021, 08:42 AM   #1324
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist

They should do a spin off... Wally as the Flash, maybe pick another Earth... or add him to the Titans.
Old 12-15-2021, 01:56 PM   #1325
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

After watching Part 5 of the crossover….I’m glad that Supergirl and Superman didn’t show up in this because they would’ve been wasted just as much as Black Lightning, Mia Queen and the other guest heroes. Nothing they did that the other Team Flash members couldn’t done…it was more like any normal episode of Flash than an actual crossover. Like what happened to BL? Did he just leave at the end of Part 3 with no explanation given as to why with Desperao still on the hunt? And Alex and Batwoman felt wasted too…pretty disappointing as a whole though I will say I did like how they used Damien Darhk in this. And Flash ended up beating Desperao on his own in the end which was great but yeah….just a waste of using this guest heroes in this one.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 10:13 PM   #1326
Leo656
The Franchise

I haven't watched an entire episode of this show since Season 1, but I do read summaries occasionally.

And I think the fact that Barry's golden/yellow boots needed an "origin story", and furthermore that it took like ten years to get there, is THE dumbest f*cking thing ever. Like what the F*CK is going on with these people, man?

All this over-thinking nowadays. "We can't just GIVE him yellow boots in the pilot! They're too ICONIC! They need their OWN story, and we need to make people CARE about those boots! So that when he finally gets them, it's a BIG huge deal!"

No, you f*cking idiots, just give him yellow boots straight away because the character f*cking wears f*cking yellow f*cking boots. Don't overcomplicate such simple things with that kinda hokey horsesh*t. Jesus f*cking Christ.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 12:37 AM   #1327
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
After watching Part 5 of the crossover….I’m glad that Supergirl and Superman didn’t show up in this because they would’ve been wasted just as much as Black Lightning, Mia Queen and the other guest heroes. Nothing they did that the other Team Flash members couldn’t done…it was more like any normal episode of Flash than an actual crossover. Like what happened to BL? Did he just leave at the end of Part 3 with no explanation given as to why with Desperao still on the hunt? And Alex and Batwoman felt wasted too…pretty disappointing as a whole though I will say I did like how they used Damien Darhk in this. And Flash ended up beating Desperao on his own in the end which was great but yeah….just a waste of using this guest heroes in this one.
Total waste of everyone, and the audience's time. And Damien Darhk was good in this... but it's mostly because of the actor's performance. Because it is a literal recycling of the Legends story where he sacrificed himself, wringing a little more emotion that years old story. "Evil rocks!" "Hey, don't you love your daughter?" "What? Oh yeah, I do. Nevermind about the evil stuff now."

Probably some really weird COVID worries/over-precautions on the production side mixed with the same awful writing of the past few years on Flash. This wasn't even an event, let alone a crossover one.

Old 12-28-2021, 11:15 AM   #1328
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I haven't watched an entire episode of this show since Season 1, but I do read summaries occasionally.

And I think the fact that Barry's golden/yellow boots needed an "origin story", and furthermore that it took like ten years to get there, is THE dumbest f*cking thing ever. Like what the F*CK is going on with these people, man?

All this over-thinking nowadays. "We can't just GIVE him yellow boots in the pilot! They're too ICONIC! They need their OWN story, and we need to make people CARE about those boots! So that when he finally gets them, it's a BIG huge deal!"

No, you f*cking idiots, just give him yellow boots straight away because the character f*cking wears f*cking yellow f*cking boots. Don't overcomplicate such simple things with that kinda hokey horsesh*t. Jesus f*cking Christ.
Wait, he got his yellow boots in this? D@mn. I must have missed that..... lol
Old 12-28-2021, 03:32 PM   #1329
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Wait, he got his yellow boots in this? D@mn. I must have missed that..... lol
It was a lame moment where it suddenly went into slow-mo before he stomped on Despero in the finale. And then oddly every angle after that is such that you can't see the boots, so it's easy to miss.

I wonder if the yellow boots thing was only decided in post, and then digitally colored in. Wouldn't surprise me.

Old 12-28-2021, 04:31 PM   #1330
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
It was a lame moment where it suddenly went into slow-mo before he stomped on Despero in the finale. And then oddly every angle after that is such that you can't see the boots, so it's easy to miss.

I wonder if the yellow boots thing was only decided in post, and then digitally colored in. Wouldn't surprise me.
he was always supposed to "Earn" the yellow boots but the problem is they made it a Chester thing for him to build and give an exposition dump on how they would help stop despero and most fans just ignore what wish.com cisco has to say.

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 05:14 PM   #1331
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
he was always supposed to "Earn" the yellow boots but the problem is they made it a Chester thing for him to build
Wait, did Chester build them? If he did, I must have been looking down at my phone and not paying attention. I swear it looked like they suddenly turned yellow as the Flash was descending on Despero in slow motion.

Quote:
wish.com cisco has to say.
lol! Or that AOC lookalike that's just missing the glasses.

Old 12-28-2021, 06:44 PM   #1332
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Wait, did Chester build them? If he did, I must have been looking down at my phone and not paying attention. I swear it looked like they suddenly turned yellow as the Flash was descending on Despero in slow motion.

lol! Or that AOC lookalike that's just missing the glasses.
Fun Fact Eric Wallace who is the **** showrunner of Flash was a writer for DC Comics he also was 1 of 4 creators of the comic version of Allegra aka AOC Lookalike

yes according to The Flash wiki
Quote:
This suit was later upgraded to include new gold boots created by Chester.

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Old 12-29-2021, 12:55 AM   #1333
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Here's how you fix the show:

* Blow up STAR Labs. Be done with it. They never fixed it or really ever reopened it anyway. Have a strong new villain do it.

* Lose the entire current Team Flash except Caitlin. Maybe as a result of the former. Turn them into villains or just be rid of them.

* Make Barry build his whole support structure back up from the ground. Have Iris be 100% supportive every step of the way, not nagging.

* Get back to Barry doing daily CSI stuff while slowly building towards legitimate threats at the end of a season.

* Give Iris and him a real arc. Not something where it is just her turning her back on him or telling him to stop being a superhero. Something real and relatable.

* Have Barry contending with threats outside of Central City. Freshen up the landscape. I'm tired of seeing him fight in front of the same 3 buildings or intersections for 40 episodes.

* Let's see some stakes again. Kill off some supporting cast. Maybe a bunch at once.

* Bring in Wally. Make him the lead supporting character and maybe even revolve whole episodes around just him.

* Apologize to that Elongated Man actor. Bring him in. And Sue regularly. That was the best thing they had going for them, so long as they allotted the budget to make them work.

Old 12-29-2021, 01:38 AM   #1334
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:

* Apologize to that Elongated Man actor. Bring him in. And Sue regularly. That was the best thing they had going for them, so long as they allotted the budget to make them work.
This X100 Ralph was the best part of flash we loose Him and Sue and gain Allegra and Chester aka the most boring I don't care about anything they do type of side characters.

Tags
flash, run barry run!