The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 01-19-2022, 09:26 PM   #2281
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Is it possible that temporarily killing off the Justice League though longer than five minutes this time, a 5G backup plan where we are force-fed diverse costume fillers? So the next phase of the Justice League will be up by Christmas? Too bad the numbering couldn't keep going. I have every issue of the volume. Atleast Hal was kept out of this mess, maybe I can read him headlining a title searching for them? Dick and Wally not crapped on,but pulling the super community together. Ah, who am I kidding?
Old 01-19-2022, 09:53 PM   #2282
Leo656
The Franchise

Everything has been sh*t since Obama. Every single f*cking thing.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 03:41 AM   #2283
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Batman/Catwoman special preview

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/01/21/dc...man-special-1/

King is so much better suited to one-shots. I feel this is the best he's written Selina in months.

She comes off a little like Helga Pataki from Hey Arnold in this...
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 07:01 AM   #2284
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Really enjoyed King's Batman/Catwoman special. It's a lengthy book due to all the tributes to John Paul Leon, but the core story really is done justice by both his own art and the other contributors

It's largely more a Catwoman story than a Bruce story, it follows her perspectives on growing up, raising children and married life in general. It's not all bells and whistles. There's arguments, anxiety etc, sandwiched in between really tender and sweet moments, especially when Helena is born. The bit where Selina's at Bruce's grave conveys so much emotion, Selina realizing that Bruce's philosophy on grief just makes her angrier at his passing

As for the ending, It's something I'm sure some will disagree on as a 'definitive fate' for Selina, but it's quite appropriate at least for the way the story began and how connected Selina is to the Waynes even as a child. It ends with an older Selina being confronted by a random mug in an alley asking for her diamonds...and...well...you know the rest
Old 01-25-2022, 07:56 AM   #2285
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

What do you all think of the upcoming mini-series by King Killing Time featuring Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin vs Batman on a heist. I don't know if its supposed to tie into Tyion's story that immediately followed King or if its just a fun heist story. I am trying to figure out if I will pick it up.
Old 01-25-2022, 08:19 AM   #2286
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
What do you all think of the upcoming mini-series by King Killing Time featuring Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin vs Batman on a heist. I don't know if its supposed to tie into Tyion's story that immediately followed King or if its just a fun heist story. I am trying to figure out if I will pick it up.
I think it's just a fun heist caper as you say, and probably fits more in with King's Batman canon than Tynions'
Old 01-25-2022, 09:26 AM   #2287
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I think it's just a fun heist caper as you say, and probably fits more in with King's Batman canon than Tynions'
I know how King's Batman was received so I was not sure if it would be worth pulling. It also reminded me of the first segment of Tyion's run as far as concept. I do not want to read about PTSD that is the thing he likes to enforce on everything.
Old 01-27-2022, 09:36 AM   #2288
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So DC follow up assigning a new General Manager...with....snubbing black history month

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-milest...history-month/
Old 01-31-2022, 05:09 AM   #2289
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Dan Jurgens confirms that had he remained on the book after Action#1000, he was going to bring back Clark's 90s nemesis Kenny Braverman, aka Conduit

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...uit_was_meant/
Old 02-03-2022, 06:42 AM   #2290
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So the Great Darkness stands revealed as the malevolent force behind every major Crisis event, where as just a year or so ago Perpetua was supposed to be the prime mover behind all of that.
Old 02-03-2022, 06:34 PM   #2291
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Whose excited for the 6 issue miniseries Jurassic League where the Justice League are anthropomorphic dinosaurs

Quote:
In the world of Jurassic League, Superman was still sent to Earth on a rocket ship from a dying planet. And he was still raised by humans. It’s just that he’s also a man-shaped brachiosaurus. Batman (rather, Batsaur, Gedeon clarifies for Polygon) is an allosaurus. Wonder Woman is a triceratops. The Joker is a dilophosaurus.

The whole thing comes from the minds of Gedeon (Venom, favorite dinosaur: mosasaurus) and writer Daniel Warren Johnson (Wonder Woman: Dead Earth, Beta Ray Bill: Argent Star, favorite dinosaur: velociraptor). Courtesy of DC Comics, Polygon can exclusively reveal Jurassic League, an upcoming six-issue miniseries from DC Comics, and a load of first-look art.

https://www.polygon.com/22916145/jur...source=twitter

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 02:17 PM   #2292
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Top 50 January Sales are in.

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...s-january-2022

This time, there truly is no excuse for Superman: Son Of Kal-El. Issue six is the last DC title on the list at number 47 by Units, and dead last at number 50 by Dollars. One can believe Taylor's corporate sales spin on twitter all they want, but it's not his job to sell you reality.

Sucks for PKJ, the failure of Action Comics alas shows that nobody will fork over good money for a GOOD and well thought out Superman story either
Old 02-04-2022, 03:29 PM   #2293
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Top 50 January Sales are in.

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...s-january-2022

This time, there truly is no excuse for Superman: Son Of Kal-El. Issue six is the last DC title on the list at number 47 by Units, and dead last at number 50 by Dollars. One can believe Taylor's corporate sales spin on twitter all they want, but it's not his job to sell you reality.

Sucks for PKJ, the failure of Action Comics alas shows that nobody will fork over good money for a GOOD and well thought out Superman story either
Its surprising how the same guy who is writing Nightwing is also writing Son of Superman. Such different approaches. Also one with genuine praise while the other is only critically approved.

Also, I dropped Detective Comics because Tamaki took the title from Tomasi, who's run was cut off. My LCS said Detective Comics is the second most bought book to Nightwing in the last six months. I am shocked. This is the I am Not Starfire writer!! Is Arkham Tower actually not social issue force feed and an intriguing read?

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 02-04-2022 at 03:34 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 01:08 PM   #2294
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Dark Crisis announced from DC

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-dark-crisis/

Joshua Williamson confirmed on twitter that Death of the Justice League is a flash-forward, meaning all the books won't be affected for the time being and are set in the past, so that pretty much tells you there's going to be no raising of stakes in them, so no point reading them. Brilliant idea guys.
Old 02-08-2022, 02:54 PM   #2295
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

The Justice League is too busy to die! That is what it means. They cannot afford to be absent from the book, but for six or so issues of a mini-series based around their absence.

Hal Jordan, Dick Grayson, and Wally West lead a bunch of diverse heroes through mourning only for them to return at the climax and defeat the ultimate darkness-sales.
Old 02-09-2022, 02:05 PM   #2296
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I might be right in the 3 I care about being at the forefront Dick, Wally, and Hal. This reeks like a second attempt of force-fed diverse heroes that were rejected with 5G. The 3 I want to read about are straight Caucasian men who have a long history in the universe. I guess I am a stubborn bigot in DC's eyes. Justice League: Future State was the most boring Justice League story I ever read. I don't see this being a needle mover but a sales spike for a couple of issues of a title. Nothing more.
Old 02-09-2022, 06:15 PM   #2297
Leo656
The Franchise

If you have never had an interracial kiss, had gay sex, or had sex with a transgender person, and have no desire to do so or watch OTHERS do so... Then you are indeed a bigot in the eyes of the people who control the media, yes.

I mean... You didn't know that?

Old 02-09-2022, 06:31 PM   #2298
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Still I actually am invested because it looks like DC is letting Dick, Wally, and Hal step up. I don't care how Jonny Come Lately Diverse Characters react. Let's kill off Jason, Barry, and a few others to allow impact to actually be felt. If we get Future State Justice League before January of next year's conclusion,I will not pull that volume. I guarantee it will bore its way to poor sales and be forced to be an unintended maxi-series.

I know that you like the two Alan Moore stories right that at the end, but what are the handful that are good to you? I know that we have different preferences, but if its O'Neil, Wein, Engelhardt I will give it a read.
Old 02-09-2022, 06:44 PM   #2299
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh I'unno, I can't even get to my comics right now. I've barely read anything in years.

Old 02-10-2022, 02:01 AM   #2300
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Oh I'unno, I can't even get to my comics right now. I've barely read anything in years.
You can always go to ReadComicsOnline if you fancy a trip...though nothing of course makes up for holding a book in your physical hands and smelling all that antiquated paper

Tags
batman, bendis, dc comics, superman, wonder woman