The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #61
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2 View Post
Glad I'm not the only that thinks the sketch should be those of the people that actually work on the comic.
You realize that Peter does write it, right?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:21 PM   #62
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
ooooo ignorance burn oooooo
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:21 PM   #63
bedbugjones
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I ordered mine first thing on the phone on 7:30 am Edmonton, AB time, just before I went to work. Thats 9:30 over there eastern. We've no idea if the other artists have started their sketches yet. Peter at least has. I didn't ask which artist sketch, so I'll probably be getting a Peter sketch. Glad I'm not the only that thinks the sketch should be those of the people that actually work on the comic. So if the next issue they do all the Mirage guys again, I may ask for a Jim sketch. Next to to that maybe Eric 'cause he inks and letters it right? Can't wait to read this issue.
Peter says on his blog that TMNT V4 #31 should make it out this year at least. He started toning it.
TONING IT it should be out by july then
bedbugjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:23 PM   #64
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
ooooo ignorance burn oooooo
The very best kind.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:07 AM   #65
Buffy
Mad Scientist

I've ordered mine as well, and requested a Jim Lawson sketch. The sale started at a unfortunate time for me, at that time I'm usually stuck in traffic.
So I left work earlier and drove a little harder then I should have

Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.

Last edited by Buffy; 05-27-2009 at 12:16 AM.
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:39 AM   #66
hawkangel
Random Punk

I stayed up until 1 AM (that's 11 AM Boston time) here in Sydney Australia to order my copy. I had to get up at 5:00 AM the next day to go to work, but I believe it is worth it - it's not often that a creator is offering something limited and unique for such a good price.
As soon as the clock hit 1:04 AM, I checked the site and the comic went on sale. Glad I secured a copy.
hawkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:46 AM   #67
junkboy
Hench Mutant

That's i think the first time i got something in daytime here in Turkey. It was about 6 pm or so for Turkey , so it was a reasonable hour for me.
Whenever i am after an action figure or such i wanna get from eBay, the closing time of the auction always happens to be between 2-5 a.m. for Turkey which sucks. Tho this does not change the fact that i wait till that hour if i HAVE to get it.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:32 AM   #68
The Shelf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Where did DK2 say otherwise?

Quote:
I ordered mine first thing on the phone on 7:30 am Edmonton, AB time, just before I went to work. Thats 9:30 over there eastern. We've no idea if the other artists have started their sketches yet. Peter at least has. I didn't ask which artist sketch, so I'll probably be getting a Peter sketch. Glad I'm not the only that thinks the sketch should be those of the people that actually work on the comic. So if the next issue they do all the Mirage guys again, I may ask for a Jim sketch. Next to to that maybe Eric 'cause he inks and letters it right? Can't wait to read this issue.
Peter says on his blog that TMNT V4 #31 should make it out this year at least. He started toning it.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #69
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shelf View Post
Where did DK2 say otherwise?
Quote:
I didn't ask which artist sketch, so I'll probably be getting a Peter sketch. Glad I'm not the only that thinks the sketch should be those of the people that actually work on the comic. So if the next issue they do all the Mirage guys again, I may ask for a Jim sketch.
This either is inferring that Peter didn't work on the book, or is poorly worded.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:06 PM   #70
DK2
Stone Warrior

Whoah didn't think my posting would be looked at in such a way. From my point of view I meant that the sketch I'd probably get would be Peter's in #30. I meant that the fact I now would have 2 Peter sketches from #29 and #30, I may try to go for a Jim one the next time the new issue comes around. Like we all don't know that Peter does work on this comic? We are the TMNT comic readers right in this forum? Why would anyone think Peter doesn't work on this comic? I certainly didn't mean that within my original post. Its just earlier postings in this forum thread, someone else said something about preferring to get sketches from only the people that actually work on the comic itself. I only agreed with this line of thought. I mean a Dan Berger sketch in this comic would be cool to have and I'm not against it, but its just that he don't work on this comic at all.
I'm sorry if my postings may be poorly worded but I'm just posting my thoughts in this forum as any other person and don't really care about how it sounds or reads or whatever. I just hope they don't look so bad, which I'm not sure my original post was.
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:11 PM   #71
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
(Words)
Nah, we cool. No animosity, just light prodding.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:04 PM   #72
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

yeah dude, no big deal. Cipher hates you though. It's true! I read it on the internets!
Old 05-27-2009, 11:12 PM   #73
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I do agree with the sentiment that it's a little bit weird to have guys that didn't work on a comic to be the ones signing/drawing in it/on it.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #74
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I do agree with the sentiment that it's a little bit weird to have guys that didn't work on a comic to be the ones signing/drawing in it/on it.
what about other media? like I have a couple OT cells that kevin signed...I dunno, that seems less weird to me.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:43 PM   #75
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
what about other media? like I have a couple OT cells that kevin signed...I dunno, that seems less weird to me.
Cells are a bit of an oddball thing. I mean, as it's fairly unlikely that you'd actually be able to track down the exact Japanese/Korean/whatever individual (from some animation sweatshop somewhere) that drew the exact cell you're holding... you might as well have one half of the intellectual ownership sign the thing, you know?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:01 AM   #76
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself

Quote:
Cells are a bit of an oddball thing. I mean, as it's fairly unlikely that you'd actually be able to track down the exact Japanese/Korean/whatever individual (from some animation sweatshop somewhere) that drew the exact cell you're holding... you might as well have one half of the intellectual ownership sign the thing, you know?
for sure.

this is not too short.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:28 AM   #77
discordiatookie
facehugger

Figured that since I already have a Peter Laird sketch in #29, I would get myself a Lawson one. However, I already own some original Lawson art, so I then thought to myself, hmm howabout getting a Talbot or Berger one? Tough decision, but I finally settled on Eric though...

So I ordered it, asking for a Talbot sketch. Only to feel a little bit bad about not ordering ones from Jim and Dan. But I really didn't want three of the same issue.*

Then last night, on PALblog, I see that the guys are offering sketches within the pages of 29. I couldn't resist. Ordered myself up a Jim Lawson within 29, and a Dan Berger in 30.

Yep, I may be a sucker, but I really dunno when this opportunity may arise again. For all we know, the folks at Mirage may not be up for doing all this again for 31. And if they do, well I really don't mind another Peter Laird headsketch Or if we are really lucky, Mike Dooney may offer his services!

*Although as you can see, I don't mind getting two of the same issue! Mwahaha

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:08 AM   #78
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Maybe because we'd like to have people like Eric drawing the comics and we're trying to send a hint
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:23 AM   #79
discordiatookie
facehugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Maybe because we'd like to have people like Eric drawing the comics and we're trying to send a hint
Agree with you there, a thousandfold.

I would love to see more of his work, especially with his more recent turtles that he's been doing in his sketches. They're awesome!

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:17 PM   #80
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

So ... how is the comic?
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comic discussion, volume 4