The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-27-2022, 02:00 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Sony's Spider-Man 4 (sequel to "No Way Home")

Tom Holland talks reprising the part in a fourth movie:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/holland...4-possibility/

It's basically, "I'm playing hardball with Sony and want more money you can bet I'm gonna get it!"
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 02:08 PM   #2
AquaParade
Banned

Was bold of him to be like "I've been lying this whole press tour but here is the truth: idk if I'll play Spider-Man again."

Bruh. Your career, without Spider-Man, is pretty much nonexistent, until & unless Uncharted is a big hit. Which is a big ask.

Negotiations must be going hard. Unfortunately for Tom, I think Tobey and Andrew may be inadvertently stepping on his toes a bit.
Yes, at the end of the day, audiences probably want to see Tom continue most of all, but all the desire around Tobey and Andrew has probably emboldened Sony to feel that they don't necessarily need to pay Tom whatever he wants.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 02:18 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Bruh. Your career, without Spider-Man, is pretty much nonexistent, until & unless Uncharted is a big hit. Which is a big ask.
Oh, it's going to flop for certain. Actually, I bet that's what's going on. i.e., if Uncharted is a big hit, Tom has another franchise to lean on and he will be in a great place to ask Sony for more money. Now, if Uncharted fails bigtime... uh oh. Now Tom needs Spider-Man and he can't ask too much more in the money department because the gig is up.
Old 01-27-2022, 02:38 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

To be fair Tom Holland is only 25. A lot of actors don't get their biggest breakout roles until they're in their 30's. People are talking about Tom like he's already on his way out, the kid just started his acting career basically.

You don't know what he'll be doing when he's 30+ years old. Compare 25 year old Tom Cruise to what Tom Cruise has done now up to his 50's for example.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 03:04 PM   #5
AquaParade
Banned

The offers start drying up when it becomes clear that you aren't a box office draw and Tom's latest films have not performed well critically or commercially.

If the guy wants to maintain a lifestyle he is likely becoming accusted to, he'll need big roles.

Especially looking at how unpredictable the film industry is right now, a guy like him should be clinging to Spider-Man...and likely is at the end of the day.
Old 01-27-2022, 04:04 PM   #6
IMJ
Emperor

He's a good actor. He was great as a kid in that typhoon disaster flick and that Netflix movie where he played a southern kid was really good (edit "The Devil All The Time").

But with that said, to keep audiences adopting him, he's going to be better off in small arthouse films. He's a Shiah Labouf - he'll do a solid artsy film or something, but Holland is another permanent man-child. He's not going to carry another blockbuster franchises as a leading man.

And I loved, loved, loved the original Uncharted games, but that movie looks like hot trash if on casting alone. Holland needs to hold onto Spider-Man as long as possible and then spend his in-between time making more small "artsy" flicks.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 06:23 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think the problem is despite Tom being 25 years old in real life...he still looks like a 15 year old. He really needs to age in real life to grow into better roles. In the Uncharted movie Nathan Drake is supposed to be in his 20's yet because Tom was cast it looks like I'm watching some 15 year old High school kid go globe trotting.

It's absolutely strange how he looks 10 years younger than he really is.
Old 01-27-2022, 07:14 PM   #8
AquaParade
Banned

That's not really his issue unless there is only one type of character he wants to portray. If anything, it's a blessing in many ways.
Old 01-27-2022, 07:30 PM   #9
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think the problem is despite Tom being 25 years old in real life...he still looks like a 15 year old. He really needs to age in real life to grow into better roles. In the Uncharted movie Nathan Drake is supposed to be in his 20's yet because Tom was cast it looks like I'm watching some 15 year old High school kid go globe trotting.

It's absolutely strange how he looks 10 years younger than he really is.
It's even weirder that Marky Mark is in it and he looks more like Nathan Drake than Tom does. It almost looks like Nathan Drake and Son than Nathan Drake and Sully Young.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 08:31 AM   #10
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
It's even weirder that Marky Mark is in it and he looks more like Nathan Drake than Tom does. It almost looks like Nathan Drake and Son than Nathan Drake and Sully Young.
Exactly. I'm not a big Walhburg fan to be honest, but him as Drake and, honestly I'm not kidding but Brent Spiner would've made a great Sully.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 12:25 PM   #11
neatoman
Emperor

Alright, let's pitch some ideas about what this could be based on what the previous movies implied:
  • Mac Gargan was introduced but hasn't become the Scorpion yet, meaning the fourth one could be a Scorpion story.
  • Vulture was aware of who Peter was but obviously isn't anymore, so that is either abandoned or a potential thing used to explain what people think happened if they don't know who Peter is.
  • Mysterio may be alive and in hiding, the statement by E.DI.T.H. was obviously really weirdly worded, so he could be manipulating things from behind the scenes.
  • A piece of the SUMC symbiote was left in the MCU, implying a version of the black suit arc.
  • Talos pretending to be Nick Fury but that was most likely just meant to be a lead-in to non-Spider-Man movies/shows.
  • Norman and Harry may not MCU counterparts, or are at least not as rich/famous as their Raimi counterparts. At the very least there is no Oscorp and they don't live in NYC.
  • Ned has magic and promises he won't become a Supervillain, which I'm guessing means he'll either become the Hobgoblin or Kingsley's puppet.
  • JJJ is becoming richer off his Anti-Spider-Man slant and seems to actively work against Spider-Man rather than just slander him.

Uhm... I'm gonna guess...
Spoiler:
Peter gets the Black suit and notices the problems. The Fantastic Four get involved in removing it, just to be different from most other adaptations who use the belltower. Then Mr Fantastic can be the "mentor" this time around.
Kingsley gets in contact Mysterio and Vulture to figure out who Spider-Man is but obviously fails.
Kingsley does however manage to get Vulture's crew to salvage Norman's leftover Goblin tech to create the Hobgoblin persona. He also uses Mysterio's resources to manipulate Ned into becoming the fake Hobgoblin.
Since we have Mac around he can be the new Venom because there is no MCU Eddie and Flash is still too much of a turd to be either a villain or hero.
After credits can be JJJ hiring Smythe to create the Spider-Slayers or Ned becoming the Demogoblin due to the magic.

Probably won't have most of these ideas but it could easily have at least one of them.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 02:08 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm glad there's no Green Goblin in the MCU, I can't sit through a third Green Goblin movie. Also now that the Avengers MCU connection is severed in-universe, we can see Peter Parker being Spider-man on his own like people wanted instead of feeling like Tony Stark Jr. or Dr. Strange's and Happy's sidekick kid hero or something.

Villains who have been used:

- Green Goblin (technically 3 times)
- Doctor Octopus
- Sandman
- Venom (two times)
- Lizard
- Electro
- Vulture
- Mysterio
- Carnage
- Kingpin
- Rhino

Scoprion is obviously long overdue, but doing a proper Rhino in the MCU feels obvious and something that needs to be done too. And I guess we'll see what they do with Venom.

I guess Shocker is one who can be introduced at some point.
Old 01-30-2022, 02:51 PM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I was really hoping it was going to turn out the MCU version of Norman Osborne would be the new owner of Avengers tower. Now? No clue. Fisk Tower maybe?
Old 01-30-2022, 03:47 PM   #14
AquaParade
Banned

I'd like to see someone else take up the Shocker mantle.

I'm generally happy to move on though. I'd love to see more obscure characters get their time to shine. One that comes to mind is Miles Warren, but that's dangerous thinking, if you know what I mean.

I'd also like to see The Spot and Hobgoblin. And of course, there is Kraven, who is coming in some form.