The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-18-2019, 06:05 PM   #3241
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Just looked up the price of one of my comics after hubby memtioned it to one of the techs at his dialysis clinic, and found out it could be worth 100$! It is a DF limited edition first print copy of New Avengers #1, signed by Bendis, with authentication certificate enclosed and seal on the board bag, making it mint. I looked up a CGC graded one (9. and it was $99.95. Wow! I knew it was worth at least 25$(that was over 10 yrs ago), but this makes me giddy. And it only cost me 10 cents when I bought it.....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 06:13 PM   #3242
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nice! That's awesome that it has increased in value so well.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 06:40 PM   #3243
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

It may have been worth more than what I originally thought even then, since the only price I had at the time was from a price catalog, and had never even looked online then. Those are just base or average prices, so might not have been accurate for "full" value.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:19 PM   #3244
Ninjinister
無問題

Scored an uncommon (maybe rare?) piece of TMNT memorabilia from Steve and Dee Lavigne, as well as an action figure I've been looking for for like 10 years.
Old 01-21-2019, 11:15 AM   #3245
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wow, grats on that!

Happy maker... Just being done for the day and get to go home and stay in for the rest of it. This brutal cold and wind can not end soon enough. I don't know how Canadians do it, they must have super powers. My sympathy to them and my fellow U.S. people who live farther north than me.

It may definitely need to be a dark chocolate hot cocoa kind of day...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-21-2019 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:45 PM   #3246
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Looking for some spots to take tmnt photos and I seen an owl. I think northern spotted owl.

The owl is in the second and third pic. The first photo is the path to the owl. Crossing the water was also cool.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 07:16 PM   #3247
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

We don't too often get to do things as a family, but we drove up to Philly this afternoon for Drexel University's "Dinos After Dark" event at their Academy of Natural Sciences. I had no idea that they basically have a museum, with plenty of dinosaur fossils and displays of many modern species (taxidermy and skeletons), as well as quite a few live small critters (the majority of them insects and reptiles).

Plus one Egyptian mummy. If it's a museum of life on Earth, can't not have one token human in there too, I guess. lol

Also kind of funny is that in the display of a couple of tigers (and an owl), apparently at one time a cockroach ended up in there and went and died on the wood ledge along the floor on the inside behind the glass. So, the university just left it there and gave it its own plaque opposite it on the front side stating that it's an American Cockroach and gave info about the species!

They had three or four terrariums with live cockroaches of different, slightly more exotic species, so I guess they saw no harm in an ordinary American one choosing on its own to be part of an exhibit. lol
Old 01-25-2019, 10:19 PM   #3248
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Had a good D&D game today.

Within the Dragon Heist campaign, we apprehended the Elf Murderer.
There's a bit of a situation where I have trouble getting a word in, and another player has a lot more initiative than I do. Tami (my character, halfling wizard who was dreamed into existence by a Beholder) just ends up observing and goes externally for stuff. Such as when she went to alert a guard that the murderer had been captured.

So it was a bit of a surprise when a guard asked who the leader was. Leading to everyone looking around awkwardly and suddenly Tami was "voted" the leader. Rather than Desce, who asks more questions and kinda does more for the story.

Which proceeded to Tami half-@$$ing a name for the group (based around the poltergeist in the manor she's basically paying for the renovation of), and jokes about her being so small she can't hold up the key to the city or the 5000 gold the group was given as a reward.

There's plenty more Tami story, but she's been fun in our games.

...Why don't we have a D&D thread, there's enough people here who play it.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:50 PM   #3249
Sumac
Banned

Retrieved forgotten bag from the shop.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 01:32 PM   #3250
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Taxes all done.

For a few I was afraid I was going to have to pay up and upgrade to Turbo Tax's "deluxe" edition just because I collected a tiny bit of unemployment last spring for a short time. (Seems that it used to be included, but due to tax form changes a year or two ago that form was moved onto another schedule that isn't included in the free version. What the hell...)

Luckily I found the "free file" option the IRS does, I think partnered via various companies including Turbo Tax, and qualified for that. So, quite happy about not having to waste money on the upgrade.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:44 PM   #3251
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Had a good D&D game today.

Within the Dragon Heist campaign, we apprehended the Elf Murderer.
There's a bit of a situation where I have trouble getting a word in, and another player has a lot more initiative than I do. Tami (my character, halfling wizard who was dreamed into existence by a Beholder) just ends up observing and goes externally for stuff. Such as when she went to alert a guard that the murderer had been captured.

So it was a bit of a surprise when a guard asked who the leader was. Leading to everyone looking around awkwardly and suddenly Tami was "voted" the leader. Rather than Desce, who asks more questions and kinda does more for the story.

Which proceeded to Tami half-@$$ing a name for the group (based around the poltergeist in the manor she's basically paying for the renovation of), and jokes about her being so small she can't hold up the key to the city or the 5000 gold the group was given as a reward.

There's plenty more Tami story, but she's been fun in our games.

...Why don't we have a D&D thread, there's enough people here who play it.

That sounds like a good idea! Maybe we can set it up here or in the video games or toys forum? My game is now switching to Sunday, to accomodate some players who were unable to attend on Saturdays due to work schedules. Should be interesting, especially since we've progressed a bit further in the current adventure.

The party encountered a lone dark elf wizard down in the underground stronghold in the caverns beneath the dino-folk village they agreed to help. (They are basically lizardfolk loosely based on the Triceratons, who worship a dino-god.) The dark elf gave them some info on the stone skull they are seeking, though he neglected to tell them he knows who it currently belongs to. They were nervous dealing with him, as he wears a tattoo of the dark elf assassin/pirate/spy organization that my dark elf bard's father is leader of, and the party has heard about and dealt enough with them to be wary of anyone bearing their symbol.....

The fun part about this adventure is the skull is one of four, and they are supposed to find three of them. (The fourth is in possession of the dino-folks' shamaness leader.) Anyone here ever seen the comic hero movie The Phantom? I based these skulls on the ones in the film, with a bit of Indie Jones/Crystal Skull theown in.....

Old 01-26-2019, 09:53 PM   #3252
Leo656
The Franchise

My dog booped my cat.

I'm actually pretty easy to please.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 09:57 PM   #3253
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Lol that is easy to please! I just put an old collar I found in my jewlery box on Cinnamon. It has a bell on it. She is NOT happy with it- keeps trying to slink around without it ringing, and trying to attack it when it does. It's amusing to see her wig out when it dingles.....

Old 01-26-2019, 10:07 PM   #3254
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh, Jesus, mine hates those things. She hates collars in general, and is a mastermind at getting them off somehow and making sure they vanish. But the whole bell thing, she made it clear that wasn't gonna work. I thought it was precious, but she's obviously smarter than I am because she always gets rid of 'em.

Either way, these two are a riot. Pretty sure they're friends but it's clear that they're both really confused by each other. I don't think he's ever seen a cat before he met her.

They insist on sharing a water dish. Weirdos.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:27 PM   #3255
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Lol our two girls just recently started "speaking" to each other again after Cinni's recent trip to the vet (to get spayed), and are sloooowly starting to sleep, play, and sit together after nearly a year. Angel never liked collars either, but didn't try too hard to get them off. She just got so fat that her neck is too big around for most of them. I can't even get her into her old harness anymore! (She started to get big after her spaying, but even more so after we brought Demona home from my mom's. She now weighs about 15 lbs, even though she only eats about the same as Cinnamon. I think she has a metabolism issue.)

Old 01-27-2019, 11:58 AM   #3256
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

When you play a "kids game" now and then and you jump on it for a few to do your daily quest and it's one of those rare times it includes a small arc-related quest for this NPC, so you go defeat the thing he wants you to take down because it's screwing with his scientific equipment, and you go back to turn it in and the NPC is all like...
Spoiler:

...and you have no idea what the hell is happening anymore.

But I laughed pretty good. Unless his research is starting to affect his mind (maybe?) I haven't a CLUE why he said that. Too bad I can't include the audio dialogue.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:24 PM   #3257
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Im actually more amused by his name. Nice play on Egon from Ghostbusters. Lol!

Old 01-27-2019, 04:42 PM   #3258
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That too lol

1/30 - Got an old 2003 series book in the mail. It came from a few states away, and though I don't think "good" was quite an accurate description, maybe "acceptable" at best since it turns out that it's a former library book that has been moderately well loved... it was a nice surprise to see that it actually now came back to its original home state as the library it belonged to is in a town at the south border of my own little state and still bears its name on and in the covers.

Though now I wonder how it got to Indiana (where the seller was listed) or Ohio (where it seemed to actually ship from). Perhaps this wasn't it's first time on eBay.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-30-2019 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:22 AM   #3259
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Helping someone identify their pet turtle. A lady living in Spain had bought 2 turtles, supposedly both where Chinese three-keeled turtles, but one clearly was something else. She had visited a pet store and got a local name, so she wanted some better clarification.

Figured out she had a Florida cooter, and what diet and living needs it needed.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 05:26 AM   #3260
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Figured out she had a Florida cooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
what diet and living needs it needed.
Pabst Blue Ribbon and a rusty trailer about three feet away from the swamp, generally.