The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-11-2018, 09:26 AM   #101
bushido
Stone Warrior

Tom Waltz deserves more consideration for his extraordinary work from the beginning.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:45 AM   #102
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
This is a,pretty good review and write up about #88. It brings up something that I had considered, did the IDW team have a solid idea of Agent Bishop's true nature when #67-#70 was written? Blood showing on Agent Bishop then and not in #88 makes me think he had a placeholder concept of mirroring ths 2003 cartoon until IDW figured out everything later.
I'd agree with you, except we already see that Bishop's face is a machine underneath. That's not mirroring the 2003 cartoon; if Tom and Bobby had already made it as far as "cyborg/exosuit", then I doubt they "figured everything out later."

Especially considering how late in the run we are, and how they consistently plan everything out.

I may not LIKE what they've done with Bishop, but I'd bet a cookie it was always their plan since they brought him into play in the first Universe issues and the Desperate Measures arc.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:57 PM   #103
miru
Mad Scientist

If anyone still thinks Bishop’s redeeemable after THIS...

I don’t know what will make him irredeemable in their eyes.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:17 PM   #104
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post

Because surgically implanting a nuke into a mutant turtle's skull is worse than curb-stomping your crippled wheelchair-bound octogenarian father?
Old 12-11-2018, 01:26 PM   #105
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post

Redeemable? No. Do I think he will be forced to team up with the Turtles, and vice-versa, at some point in the future? Hell, yes! I have some theories on just what might force their hands in that regard as well.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:01 PM   #106
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Redeemable? No. Do I think he will be forced to team up with the Turtles, and vice-versa, at some point in the future? Hell, yes! I have some theories on just what might force their hands in that regard as well.
Do you spell those theories "N-U-L-L?"
Old 12-11-2018, 02:05 PM   #107
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Do you spell those theories "N-U-L-L?"
One half of them, yeah.

(I just really, REALLY want to see an alliance of Turtles, Mutanimals, Bishop and the Burnow aliens standing against Null/Maligna with the line "We're the Earth Protection Force." Cheesy af and little more than wishful thinking in the wake of #88's events, but hey... So was Shredder and Splinter having such emotional parting words, once upon a time, and the possibility that Saki might be brought back as an ally is now very real. 50/50 at the very least.)
Old 12-11-2018, 02:08 PM   #108
Igglet

Quote:
One half of them, yeah.

(I just really, REALLY want to see an alliance of Turtles, Mutanimals, Bishop and the Burnow aliens standing against Null/Maligna with the line "We're the Earth Protection Force." Cheesy af and little more than wishful thinking in the wake of #88's events, but hey... So was Shredder and Splinter having such emotional parting words, once upon a time, and the possibility that Saki might be brought back as an ally is now very real. 50/50 at the very least.)
I wanted to say "We some kinda Earth Protection Foooooooorce?" but then I remembered how much I hate that movie and now I'm sad.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:39 PM   #109
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
I wanted to say "We some kinda Earth Protection Foooooooorce?" but then I remembered how much I hate that movie and now I'm sad.
Stay evil, dollface.

Did that make you feel better?
Old 12-11-2018, 02:49 PM   #110
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I'd agree with you, except we already see that Bishop's face is a machine underneath. That's not mirroring the 2003 cartoon; if Tom and Bobby had already made it as far as "cyborg/exosuit", then I doubt they "figured everything out later."

Especially considering how late in the run we are, and how they consistently plan everything out.

I may not LIKE what they've done with Bishop, but I'd bet a cookie it was always their plan since they brought him into play in the first Universe issues and the Desperate Measures arc.
Speaking of redemption, perhaps Bishop's true nature twist can be too. I mean, maybe he could clone himself a new body as his body begins to breakdown and he uses Sr.'s DNA? Wishful thinking.

Tom does deserve some kind of trophy for his long ongoing plots. The big two don't do this. Aside from Tom King's story ending in #105 of volume 3 its hard pressed to think of any. I saw Slash's demise coming,but was in denial because I begged Tom the day I registered to Slash's debut for the character to appear. I just did not expect it to culminate to a sacrifice. Perhaps its Slash's karma? I would have actually preferred Old Hob give his life for Slash. Unexpected yet in character. Slash's last line to Old Hob telling him he was right about humans overall after everything that has happened. Slash could not mean that, but was bitter after what the sort of human Bishop did to him. This also makes one question why Agent Bishop had Sr. killed? "No human should be senile and frail so they should die?" , was that his logic?
Old 12-11-2018, 03:05 PM   #111
Igglet

Quote:
Stay evil, dollface.

Did that make you feel better?
The movie...

It haunts me.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:07 PM   #112
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
Tom Waltz deserves more consideration for his extraordinary work from the beginning.
He does deserve a lot of credit, as does the whole IDW team. There's really only a handful of comic book writers I can think of that are maintaining a good, consistent story like this throughout nearly 100 issues (way more, if you want to count non-ongoing-issues).

I haven't kept up with the book in a couple years, but I still respect the heck out of what they're doing.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:04 PM   #113
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:

Hmm... I'm pretty sure he implied there's a preteeen coming into the series soon. Time skip after #100?
Damn. TMNT is going to put a Loli in the series?

Last edited by Allio; 12-30-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:04 PM   #114
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Damn. TMNT is going to put a Loli in the series? It’s Angel
Oh, no, I was just kidding about the whole preteen thing because Tom Waltz used that word in his post a couple of pages back and the fandom does have a tendency to overanalyze every little thing. (And don't I know it...?) I am leaning towards the possibility of a time skip in the series' near future, though.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:46 PM   #115
jadenova
Mouser

Such a shame about Slash but at least I don't have to read about him going through a 'Flowers for Algernon' situation.
jadenova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 03:56 PM   #116
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadenova View Post
Such a shame about Slash but at least I don't have to read about him going through a 'Flowers for Algernon' situation.
That would've arguably been a better fate for him than going out with a... well, with a BANG.