The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-18-2023, 02:22 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

Worst physical pain you've experienced

I'm lucky I haven't broken any bones or had an appendicitis or anything like that yet.

So the biggest physical pain I've experienced in my life was probably either from a kick to my leg during a school fight when I was a kid, or a toothache. The worst pain I've experienced recently was from my upper left wisdom tooth acting up. It's now gone, so it's no longer causing trouble.

What about you?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 02:29 PM   #2
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

The most painful experience I ever had was when I broke my arm in elementary school after attempting to play on the monkey bars for the first time
Old 05-18-2023, 02:38 PM   #3
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Luckily, I've never had any severe problems. About 10 years ago, I had trouble with LBP once in a while. That was pretty nasty, especially when the pain radiated to the chest area and I had trouble breathing. The whole thing was completely harmless though.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 02:39 PM   #4
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
Luckily, I've never had any severe problems. About 10 years ago, I had trouble with LBP once in a while. That was pretty nasty, especially when the pain radiated to the chest area and I had trouble breathing. The whole thing was completely harmless though.
That would have scared me. I'm a rather anxious person. I'd probably think I was having a heart attack or something. That's one of my biggest fears since that's what killed my father.
Old 05-18-2023, 02:46 PM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Getting my finger burned as a kid because I played with a car's cigarette panel.

Also falling on stones during jogging as a kid and my knee getting completely scraped.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 02:52 PM   #6
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Getting my finger burned as a kid because I played with a car's cigarette panel.

Also falling on stones during jogging as a kid and my knee getting completely scraped.
I hurt my knee one time as a kid too and I remember even crying due to the pain.

As an adult, I've skinned my knee that one time in 2016 It didn't exactly hurt but felt like a burn as it fell on the floor and peeled off some skin. Then it began bleeding and I had to put some water and bands on it. Took a while to heal.
Old 05-18-2023, 02:56 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Just tooth pain a couple years ago because I needed a root canal.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 02:59 PM   #8
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Just tooth pain a couple years ago because I needed a root canal.
Tooth pain is some of the worst physical pain you can feel. At least if your leg or arm hurts, you can shift position or something, but with teeth? Forget it. It will hurt regardless of your position.
Old 05-18-2023, 04:17 PM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I think the worst pains I've felt were all when I was at a super young age, scraping my knees and elbows all the time and falling off bikes, cliffs, out of trees, etc. That I can recall as being bad now, the pain AFTER getting my wisdom teeth taken out (one of them was impacted and they had to cut it in half, and remove part of the jaw bone... nasty stuff). Also once out of nowhere I got like SUPER bad blood infection. Every day it just kept getting worse and worse until my head was like on fire and I couldn't walk. I thought it was just a flu or something. That was the only time I've ever been given morphine in my life.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 05:25 PM   #10
neatoman
Emperor

Either a burst appendix or the extraction of a wisdom tooth. The thing is, they happened 20 years or so apart, so I legitimately can't remember which was worse.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 06:06 PM   #11
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I think the worst pains I've felt were all when I was at a super young age, scraping my knees and elbows all the time and falling off bikes, cliffs, out of trees, etc. That I can recall as being bad now, the pain AFTER getting my wisdom teeth taken out (one of them was impacted and they had to cut it in half, and remove part of the jaw bone... nasty stuff). Also once out of nowhere I got like SUPER bad blood infection. Every day it just kept getting worse and worse until my head was like on fire and I couldn't walk. I thought it was just a flu or something. That was the only time I've ever been given morphine in my life.
damn bro how did your blood get infected? that sounds like it seriously sucked
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 06:49 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Are wisdom teeth being removed really painful? Don't they numb your whole mouth? I had some teeth extracted and I didn't feel anything.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 07:00 PM   #13
ChosenOne
Banned

It's a tie between having an ingrown toenail removed with no anesthetic and urethral swabs.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 07:33 PM   #14
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Skiing accident, 3 fractures in my leg. Luckily the other leg was fine.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 04:37 AM   #15
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Are wisdom teeth being removed really painful? Don't they numb your whole mouth? I had some teeth extracted and I didn't feel anything.
No, not the removal. I obviously got an anesthesia. But the pain felt at home when it started to act up. I was quietly eating my dinner and peace when suddenly I felt an excruciating pain as I chewed on food. And that pain spread over my gum.

Weebt to the dentist a few days later and it was my wisdom tooth acting up. Was prescribed antibiotics and painkillers and booked ab appointment to extract it.
Old 05-19-2023, 08:40 AM   #16
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Broken left foot. It's never healed properly.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 04:44 PM   #17
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Lets see... I've got three and have had this list for the past decade.

Tore the heck out of something in my foot in high school, because I suck at gym class and apparently me and trying to kick a soccer ball in grass doesn't mix. I never did get it looked at so not entirely sure what I did to myself. Finished out the school day, tried hard to not look like I was limping or had damp eyes from the pain. (I should have gone home, but was too stubborn.) Hurt across the top of my foot and up the narrow part behind the ankle, so it was every foot angle of every step. Took about month for it to feel pretty much fine again, so I definitely tore up something.

An apparently cracked molar ended up with an abscess. Hurt like heck, worse laying down, throbbed. Had to deal with that through a weekend until I could get hold of the dentist who gave a prescription for an antibiotic before he'd touch it. Ended up with my first root canal and crown after that.

Last one in 2013... how to put it without being too much info... they thought it may have been a blocked gland (where the sun don't shine, but not lady stuff spacific) and it ended up infected. Holy hell. My insurance had gotten screwed up (not my doing) and I was waiting for it to get renewed and straightened out during this time. The day a letter for it finally came in the mail is the day I had someone take me to the ER to get that taken care of. It had gotten so much worse so quickly. Excruciating. Walking was like hot lava down yonder. If I was someone living in the middle of nowhere with no access to help I'd have probably offed myself that day, not kidding and how I felt that day I went to the ER for it. This wasn't all that close to the surface either, they ended up having to take a scalpel to me to reach it and clear it out. Amazing to just not care at all about that if something hurts that bad. Felt so much better immediately. (Unfortunately it ended up with a further issue for MONTHS that eventually required a procedure to go in and fix so it would finally heal right.) Apparently it's just a thing that can happen sometimes and I'll always be kind of terrified of it happening again, would not wish that pain on anyone.

Quote:
I did it awake, just numb. Didn't hurt having it done, but it's the part LATER when you feel like you were hit by a truck and the numbing is gone that sucks the most, imo.

Had all 4 of mine out the same day and it isn't fun, though I don't count that nearly as bad as these other things. Soreness I can deal with. The tooth abscess, on the other hand, was like having a frozen electrified ice pick stabbed into the gums.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-19-2023 at 04:57 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 09:07 AM   #18
Mad Dog McMutt
Hench Mutant

I feel like pain is my specialty because I live with intense neuropathy pain as well as back pain. It prevents me from having a normal life. I am also a migraine sufferer and my migraines are pretty painful. I also used to skateboard so I had a lot of injuries from that. However, my most painful experiences were the 3 times that I had a kidney stone stuck in the tube connecting the kidney to the bladder. The doctor said that the pain from that is around the same amount of pain of giving birth to a child.
Mad Dog McMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 09:25 AM   #19
IMJ
Emperor

The three most several injuries I've had in my life had unique pain experiences. I would say that the top two came without pain at all.....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 09:58 AM   #20
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Ingrown toenail removal that required a lot of slice and dice to get in there. I didn't feel much but it was the ****ing anesthesia that hurt to the point the people outside heard me screaming and thought the doctor just went in there without any. Like I know anesthesia numbs pain, but no one told me the actual injection hurt like a ****ing bitch.

I also had a wisdom tooth tooth removed, but luckily I was out the whole time, and thanks to modern technology, I had dissolvable stitches, so I never had to go back to get them taken out. I don't think we had those back when I was a kid in the 80's. In this case the tooth just died, so I never felt any actual toothaches, but it had to go before it risked affecting the rest of my teeth. Had I actually felt some sort of pain there (or it wasn't waaaay back there where I couldn't see it and notice that something was wrong), I would have gone sooner.

The heel in my foot got wrecked and I had to wait for it to heal naturally, but it hurt to stand on it and I used crutches for a while. It hurt, but I think what got me more was the fear that I might have been stuck with a permanent limp or that silly fear that the pain was 'never going to go away' or whatever. You know how it is, looking back you know it's not true, but during the actual moment it just feels like the pain is never going to go away. But I still say that toenail removal ranks number one.

I think what hurt more about my foot was the money that went into X-Rays and crutches and blah blah blah only to find out all I needed was to just stay off it for 2 weeks. Then when I went back, the doctor grabbed my foot and saw I felt no pain and said I was alright, and to stop using the crutches since I needed to get used to walking normally again... and that still cost me a hundred bucks or so. I kinda felt 'let me take a look at that, eh you're fine, take this print-out of foot exercises and have a nice day' within minutes should have been a freebie. It literally took me longer to find which office it was and to wait for the doc to arrive than what he actually did when I saw him.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 05-21-2023 at 10:09 AM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote