The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: We have NO proof Jason Biggs is being replaced, folks... wait til the truth comes out
Eat me!! *cues the stereotypical Italian music* 23 30.67%
Who knew ICKitty could be so freaky!? 26 34.67%
*burp* Whoo... made a little room in there. 3 4.00%
Obey the flavor... 5 6.67%
There'll be NO eating of the princess on my watch! 18 24.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2014, 12:34 PM   #61
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
This was actualy the funniest episode to date, tell me you didn't laugh at Mikey interogating the pizza? And not every chatachter has to learn a lesson in every episode, how many lessons can they learn?
Every time they do a one and done episode it's great but when they do the plot one it's just a mess. They just throw all their wierdness into it and don't hold back...
..........Mikey has had 4 episodes in a row about the same thing.

1)turtles don't listen to Mikey
2) Mikey saves the day
3) turtles realize they should be listening to Mikey
4).......turtles still don't listen to Mikey later...cue 3 more episodes about the same problem.

so no one has learned anything from Mikey's episodes 4 times in a row.

when IS Mikey going to learn something??
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:40 PM   #62
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
..........Mikey has had 4 episodes in a row about the same thing.

1)turtles don't listen to Mikey
2) Mikey saves the day
3) turtles realize they should be listening to Mikey
4).......turtles still don't listen to Mikey later...cue 3 more episodes about the same problem.

so no one has learned anything from Mikey's episodes 4 times in a row.

when IS Mikey going to learn something??
He learned that price of being hearo is that everybody else doesn't know that you saved them, he learned that he can't always count on his borthers to save the day and he learned to make a pizza, kinda...
It;s subtle and doesen't have to be spelled out...
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #63
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
putting it in a spoiler tag cause it's negative
I'll respond to your last sentence of your spoiler, yes I am more than certain they all know how to make the character different than what he is. My question to you is what do you think his character is supposed to be in this show? Because I'm pretty sure they've made it VERY clear what he is.

So if you don't like it...well then I don't know what to tell you other than quit watching or just deal with it and move on. Because it's not changing, this is a Nickelodeon show and they want one of those trademark Nick characters, and whether you like it or not, Mikey fits the bill of that goofy Nickelodeon character that's going to be nothing but goofy and obscure.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:52 PM   #64
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist
 
Technogeek29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 1,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
I'll respond to your last sentence of your spoiler, yes I am more than certain they all know how to make the character different than what he is. My question to you is what do you think his character is supposed to be in this show? Because I'm pretty sure they've made it VERY clear what he is.

So if you don't like it...well then I don't know what to tell you other than quit watching or just deal with it and move on. Because it's not changing, this is a Nickelodeon show and they want one of those trademark Nick characters, and whether you like it or not, Mikey fits the bill of that goofy Nickelodeon character that's going to be nothing but goofy and obscure.
And otherwords 2k12 is 2k2 2.0 Michelangelo. So of you didn't like the former look eslewhere. Fine by me I gave up on this version by the Mutated Mushroom episode.
__________________
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:52 PM   #65
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
I'll respond to your last sentence of your spoiler, yes I am more than certain they all know how to make the character different than what he is. My question to you is what do you think his character is supposed to be in this show? Because I'm pretty sure they've made it VERY clear what he is.

So if you don't like it...well then I don't know what to tell you other than quit watching or just deal with it and move on. Because it's not changing, this is a Nickelodeon show and they want one of those trademark Nick characters, and whether you like it or not, Mikey fits the bill of that goofy Nickelodeon character that's going to be nothing but goofy and obscure.
again I don't mind Mikey being a silly kid/young brother, I thought it was a nice change and I loved him in the first season.

They treated him better, now Mikey has gone through the Bolin problem.
Mikey's no longer a positive character with heart, that has a crazy imagination.
He's a joke, not to be taken seriously.

It's not a change in his character that's bad it's HORRIBLE writing that's bad.

it doesn't matter how silly a character is....you can still write them into great characters, which they were able to do fine the first season.

They tried with all the other turtles, but they obviously don't try with Mikey.

your probably right about me stopping watching the show......it's just not that great anymore (at least to me)
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #66
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 13,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
again I don't mind Mikey being a silly kid/young brother, I thought it was a nice change and I loved him in the first season.

They treated him better, now Mikey has gone through the Bolin problem.
Mikey's no longer a positive character with heart, that has a crazy imagination.
He's a joke, not to be taken seriously.

It's not a change in his character that's bad it's HORRIBLE writing that's bad.

it doesn't matter how silly a character is....you can still write them into great characters, which they were able to do fine the first season.

They tried with all the other turtles, but they obviously don't try with Mikey.

your probably right about me stopping watching the show......it's just not that great anymore (at least to me)
You have to at least love the interrogation scene. It was silly, but Mikey was dead serious like '**** just got serious. Talk or die!'
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:01 PM   #67
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
You have to at least love the interrogation scene. It was silly, but Mikey was dead serious like '**** just got serious. Talk or die!'
not gonna lie that scene was hilarious.

but my point still stands!
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:04 PM   #68
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Talbain View Post
The story of how Pizza Face came to be....wow. So he just decided to taste something that was glowing on the ground just like that? And Pizza Face was actually going to eat everyone there? Plus, Mikey literally ate a man that used to be human. What was going on in this episode was more disturbing than it seemed.
That was to my puzzlement as well. Nobody I know would think "Oh, there is this broken container on the ground, filled with glowing green mystery goo. I think I'm gonna eat some of it."

To be honest, Pizza Face was gonna eat other humans, despite the fact that he had been human himself. Eating him was a bit better to me then throwing him into a fire, which was what Mikey had done with some of the other pizza minions.

And the address the most recent idea of this thread, none of it was a dream. Pizzaface said that the people would go to their homes and forget all of what happened. Only Mikey remembered, but that is because he never ate any of the controlling pizzas.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:09 PM   #69
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
That was to my puzzlement as well. Nobody I know would think "Oh, there is this broken container on the ground, filled with glowing green mystery goo. I think I'm gonna eat some of it."

To be honest, Pizza Face was gonna eat other humans, despite the fact that he had been human himself. Eating him was a bit better to me then throwing him into a fire, which was what Mikey had done with some of the other pizza minions.

And the address the most recent idea of this thread, none of it was a dream. Pizzaface said that the people would go to their homes and forget all of what happened. Only Mikey remembered, but that is because he never ate any of the controlling pizzas.
but he did.......he took a bite out of the pizza he was interrogating
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:14 PM   #70
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist
 
ObiWanFan4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,724
Okay, two major leaps in logic I want to mention, why would Leo trust MIKEY to make a pizza by himself? And secondly, why did Antonio think that it was a good idea to use an unknown substance that fell from the sky and use it as an ingredient in the pizza?
__________________
"The force will be with you, always"
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:15 PM   #71
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,770
I expect Leo knows that Mikey does the cooking which has been mentioned in other episodes. I don't no about Antonio, he probably just dumb but In Slash and Destroy the Pizza Delivery boy thought it was an energy drink and the little girl thought it was green tea.

But as we on topic. Anyone noticed the toppins for Mikey's homemade pizza.

Warning large pic

Spoiler:


There's a finger, a eyeball and a rat on his pizza and he ate it.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:16 PM   #72
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,045
I have not been able to see it yet,but please clear this up is Pizza Face sentient pizza or a deformed pizzeria chef?
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:17 PM   #73
fridaynightdestination
Banned
 
fridaynightdestination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
..........Mikey has had 4 episodes in a row about the same thing.

1)turtles don't listen to Mikey
2) Mikey saves the day
3) turtles realize they should be listening to Mikey
4).......turtles still don't listen to Mikey later...cue 3 more episodes about the same problem.

so no one has learned anything from Mikey's episodes 4 times in a row.

when IS Mikey going to learn something??
Well in the episode where he became friends with Chris Bradford before learning he works for The Shredder and was a spy, he did kinda learn not to trust everybody you see, one of life's greatest lessons.
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:33 PM   #74
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 40,643
As

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I have not been able to see it yet,but please clear this up is Pizza Face sentient pizza or a deformed pizzeria chef?
Pizzaface was the human chef Antonio who was mutated into a pizza.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:36 PM   #75
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,905
Not gonna lie, the episode did have some funny moments but I've seen funnier from Mikey before. The episode was at best....average in my opinion. Nice to see Irma again and Leo's new voice isn't that much different but still.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #76
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridaynightdestination View Post
Well in the episode where he became friends with Chris Bradford before learning he works for The Shredder and was a spy, he did kinda learn not to trust everybody you see, one of life's greatest lessons.
New Friend Old Enemy
and
It Came from the Depths

were the best Mikey episodes

but that was waaaay back in the beginning of season 1
(Mikey's character seems to have regressed since then)
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #77
ThatMarvelousGuy
Random Punk
 
ThatMarvelousGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 31
What a WTF episode, sooooo weird, I still kinda liked it though lol
__________________
ThatMarvelousGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:04 PM   #78
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,770
I like Mikey and I like to see him in a more serious episode. But after watching the episode a few times it has grown on me, still not the best but it's a fun filler.

I wonder what IGN will give it. I'm keeping an eye out.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:14 PM   #79
CowabungaMikey
Stone Warrior
 
CowabungaMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 661
I think Biggs is getting replaced.

''Having coffee with the new voice of #Leonardo on #tmnt #nickelodeon ! FYI, he looks nothing like a turtle...''

''Keep watching season 2 through the summer and there just might be more where that came from!''

''Thanks for the props! Keep tuning in for the rest of season 2 (hint hint).''
__________________


Cowabunga says it all!
CowabungaMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:15 PM   #80
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
Yeah I'm of the opinion that this wasn't a dream.

I was cleaning while watching but I loved the episode.

Go Ninja Go Ninja Go was nice. Loved the interogating scene and the naming bit.
Yeah, I also dug the naming and interrogation stuff. Some said Mikey seemed like a gangster while asking the questions, but to me he sort of felt like one of the CIA guys with the glasses and all. Especially if they were shades. Anyone else getting that Sunglasses At Night song lodged in your noodle?

I know I'm probably not suppose to be craving pizza after this episode, but I could really go for some. Well, as long as it doesn't start yelling at me, we're good.

I loled at Antonio being a little slow on the naming bit. "Because I got a pizza for a face!" Uh, yeah guy, you been in the kitchen a little too long! Wonder if he'll ever meet Fungus Humungous or perhaps some junior version. Those two seem like they'd become fast friends. And how is Pizzaface going to escape from Mikey's messy room? Maybe he'll accumulate more pizza portions over time. Having a sentient singing pizza in one's room just sounds all kinds of creepy. Here's hoping he makes it out with the garbage and lives to bake another day.
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pizza face

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.