The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What animation would you air it in?
Animated 22 68.75%
CGI/3D 4 12.50%
Japan - Anime/Manga 6 18.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2015, 01:25 PM   #1
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

If you made your TMNT series...?

How would you make your own TMNT tv series after the 2012 series?

Since the 2003 with Ch'rell posing as Oroku Saki the Shredder from the feudal to the modern era, I was thinking about the Kraang/Utroms.

Instead of "the Kraang", I liked the Utroms. Mortu mostly. I'd make Kraang the original Shredder from the feudal era until he passed on the armor and title to Oroku Saki where he would lead the clan.

Kraang would be watching Saki's activities. He also has plans with the help of several evil Utroms that serve him and other races that were his allies.

Saki, trained under the Foot and later joined Kraang's side, has his own desires for the clan and to rule the world.

And for mutant minions... since 1987's Bebop & Rocksteady, the movie's Tokka & Rahzar & 2012's Dogpound/Rahzar, Fishface, Tiger Claw + Bebop's and Rocksteady's return... I was thinking: four ninja turtles vs Shredder's mutant elite (4 mutants).

4 mutants of Shredder's elite:
- condor (Leo's rival)
- tarantula/scorpion hybrid (Raph's rival)
- hyena (Mikey's rival) - maybe Rahzar can return again into a hyena
- chameleon (Donnie's rival)

For the Karai/Miwa scenario. Maybe in my series, Miwa and Karai can be separate this time. For Miwa as Alopex.

I also like the "guardians" who Yoshi served under.

Even Slash from the 2012 version was the best thing. In my case, he should go through the "Frankenstein's creature" route. He starts off unknown, then goes evil... and eventually goes hero... well anti-hero mostly, but will help them.

That's all so far...

You got any ideas of your own?

Extra question - a poll on top.

Last edited by ninja-zero; 02-07-2015 at 01:30 PM.
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 04:14 PM   #2
mrminister4446
Thug

I'd basically make a series which starts where season 5 of 2k3 series left off.

If not, I'd want the series to use the same type of "theme", like having the foot as a badass criminal empire which operates over the entire world. I wouldn't have made the shredder an utrom again. Shredder would need another motive though, like a plan which the turtles keeps foiling.
mrminister4446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 04:30 PM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

Hm, well let's see now, what do I like about TMNT?
  1. Darker elements
  2. Character development
  3. A tightly written story
  4. Lightly implemented humor
  5. creativity

So probably something like the 2003 cartoon or the IDW series.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 04:56 PM   #4
Shark_Blade
Emperor

CGI/3D.

Hand drawn animation is dying anyway, even Disney doesn't produce it ever since Princess and the Frog (2009)...that's 7 years ago. Yep, it's pretty much dead.

Anyway, I'd like to put elements like these:
  1. Dark feel and setting, like Noir New York - kinda like 'Watchmen', 'A Wolf Among Us', 'The Dark Knight Returns' feel, but occasional light hearted tone in spar
  2. Character growth and family/heart is integral
  3. Blood, gore, violence
  4. Childish and adult humor
  5. Romance and sex (probably hetero, bisexual, turtlecest, etc anything goes as long it made sense to where the story is going). Asexuality must exist too, since not everyone needs/wants to bang.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:01 PM   #5
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

In terms of animation style, I'd go with either to 2D or Anime this time around, with the animation done by either Sunrise Inc. (Cowboy Bebop), Studio Mir(Avatar: TLA/Legend of Korra), or even Toei Animation.

At least 3-5 seasons, and less emphasis on jokes and more on Martial Arts, with some sci-fi thrown in. Tone wise it would be similar to shows/movies like Kung Fu Panda 2, Batman Beyond, Korra, Samurai Jack, etc.

Season 1- Basically would be the "Batman: Year One" for the Turtles. Establishes the Turtles' beginnings, and the first encounter with their allies and foes. Shredder will of course be the main villain. End of Season 1 reveals Krang and Shredder are partners.

Season 2- Gets into the sci-fi aspect of TMNT, including Dimension X, Triceritons, Krang, etc. The origin of the Mutagen is revealed. The Turtles' existence is also revealed to the world. Culminates in Alien invasion.

Season 3- New York pretty much becomes a "No Man's Land" after the events of Season 2. Turtles try to maintain order as much as they can. Mutagen is officially reintroduced during this season, and more Mutants show up in the city. EPA, led by Bishop, will act as the villains.

That's all I have for now.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:07 PM   #6
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark_blade View Post
cgi/3d.

Hand drawn animation is dying anyway, even disney doesn't produce it ever since princess and the frog (2009)...that's 7 years ago. Yep, it's pretty much dead.

Anyway, i'd like to put elements like these:
  1. dark feel and setting, like noir new york - kinda like 'watchmen', 'a wolf among us', 'the dark knight returns' feel, but occasional light hearted tone in spar
  2. character growth and family/heart is integral
  3. blood, gore, violence
  4. childish and adult humor
  5. romance and sex (probably hetero, bisexual, turtlecest, etc anything goes as long it made sense to where the story is going). Asexuality must exist too, since not everyone needs/wants to bang.
I never get these type of people.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:14 PM   #7
Shark_Blade
Emperor

What type?
Old 02-07-2015, 05:15 PM   #8
Powder
So tired of this place

Sex, gore, & offensive jokes! Gotta be edgy!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:24 PM   #9
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

Why not do an anime this time. Unlike the other one.

Season 1 - The origins of the turtles and their battle against the Shredder and his minions (the elite guard) transformed by the mutagen. Baxter Stockman is revealed first. The Foot clan will be started off as a martial arts gang and later revealed to be a ninja terrorist group led by Saki. Kraang appears in the dark as a silhouette, acting as Oroku Saki's client.

Season 2 - The Utroms return. This time there are two factions: Those led by Mortu (who fights alongside the turtles) and those led by Kraang (who turns out to be the original Shredder from feudal times after being freed from his prison). More mutants appear including the newest turtle to later join fully: Slash.

Season 3 - The alien saga. The Triceratons appear along with the fugitoid. Agent Bishop makes debut.

Season 4 - The supernatural saga involving the Battle Nexus tournament. All mutants, supernatural beings, aliens and other dimensional forces.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:18 PM   #10
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I never get these type of people.
Dude, he's obviously trolling.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:45 PM   #11
Warhorse
Emperor

CGI/3D and focus more on the Mutant Ninja Turtle aspect, and leave out all of the slapstick teenager nonsense. Aimed towards a more mature audience, but not so extreme that kids can't enjoy it either.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 11:02 PM   #12
Wildcat
Foot Elite

There was a topic like this awhile back last year.

I have a few different versions I'd do.

1. Ninja Turtle Kids (similar to Pup Named Scooby, Tiny Toons etc.) It'd start it's own continuity. The turtles come up from the sewer using disguises even though they're not seriously disguised. Hey it worked in the OT. They fight playground bullies that would later turn out to be Bebop and Rocksteady and meet April and Casey too.

2. TMNT New Origin - The Krang are a planet of pink aliens, not brain shaped. They're not all evil. They live under a King that rules the planet. A krang crash lands on earth, near a pond and 4 baby turtles accidentally come in contact with the fuel (mutagen) aboard his ship. He raises them and they become interested in martial arts through watching movies on the spaceship, which only picks up TV stations now.

Hey it's no weirder than living in the sewer and being taught martial arts.

3. Ninja Turtles - They defeat Shredder for good and stories continue with them as adults. A new villain rises or different ones.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:28 PM   #13
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post

Hey it's no weirder than living in the sewer and being taught martial arts.
Actually, it kinda is weirder.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:37 PM   #14
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Dude, he's obviously trolling.
No I wasn't. You might wanna stay quiet than spewing things you know nothing about and embarrassing yourself.
Old 02-07-2015, 11:55 PM   #15
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Actually, it kinda is weirder.
Ok Ya, well more scifi-ish anyway.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:44 AM   #16
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

I'd have it quite dark, and it will be a hand drawn series. Shredder won't be featured that much. The turtles all wear red headbands.

Each major plot event that the turtles interfere with or take part in, will have consequences later in the series.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:53 PM   #17
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

What about live action with CGI? Something that won't be like Michael Bay's.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:26 PM   #18
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja-zero View Post
What about live action with CGI? Something that won't be like Michael Bay's.
Doubt we'll ever see something like that. Unless the special effects are on the same level as, say "The Flash", I can't imagine it will turn out well. Especially if it's coming from Nickelodeon.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:32 PM   #19
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

I'll say again:

Stylized hand drawn animation in black, white, and red (for bandannas and BLOOD!!) based on the Eastman and Laird issues of TMNT.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:44 PM   #20
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
No I wasn't. You might wanna stay quiet than spewing things you know nothing about and embarrassing yourself.
Wait! You're NOT trolling? That's even worse!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tmnt 2012