The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-02-2004, 04:33 PM   #21
Antrax
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I saw the turtleoid two-parter a week ago and I was actually kinda suprised that dirtbag and groundchuck acted intelligent, they were mutated directly from animals and was ten times smarter than bebop & rocksteady from the beginning, despite the fact that the two moron-henchmen shredder has was mutated from human form...
Maybe the human that made Groundchuck and Dirtbag humanoid was smart. The humans that Shredder's henchmen were mutated from were not so intelligent in the first place.

I've only seen Groundchuck and Dirtbag as action figures but they were very cool figures. They were two of the few really bulky figures that made them look like they could punch out the turtles.
Antrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 04:37 PM   #22
Gremlin
Foot Soldier

Yeah, but one would think that most of the intelligence came from the main part that was mutated and not by just touching it. On the other hand, the old toon never made any sense so why bother really?
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 06:00 PM   #23
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I have a question about the episode "Planet of the Turtleoids". I remeber it only being shown twice ever. It was on one evening as an hour long special. Then about maybe a year later, It was played on syndication and i caught the tail end of it. My question is...
I see it is referred to as part 1 and 2 here, but I never saw it broken up...was it shown other times as seperate episodes?
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 10:10 PM   #24
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins
I have a question about the episode "Planet of the Turtleoids". I remeber it only being shown twice ever. It was on one evening as an hour long special. Then about maybe a year later, It was played on syndication and i caught the tail end of it. My question is...
I see it is referred to as part 1 and 2 here, but I never saw it broken up...was it shown other times as seperate episodes?
yes when it was shown on the USA cable network it was split up into a 2 parter hope this helps.
-Vaughn Michael
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 10:12 PM   #25
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrax
Quote:
I saw the turtleoid two-parter a week ago and I was actually kinda suprised that dirtbag and groundchuck acted intelligent, they were mutated directly from animals and was ten times smarter than bebop & rocksteady from the beginning, despite the fact that the two moron-henchmen shredder has was mutated from human form...
Maybe the human that made Groundchuck and Dirtbag humanoid was smart. The humans that Shredder's henchmen were mutated from were not so intelligent in the first place.

I've only seen Groundchuck and Dirtbag as action figures but they were very cool figures. They were two of the few really bulky figures that made them look like they could punch out the turtles.
actully if I remember correctly they wernt touched by any humans they were animals that were mutated into humanlike creatures..but perhaps shredder touched them.....but bebop and rocksteady were humans mutated with animals so perhaps that has something to do with why they are so stupid....because they were stupid to begin with..
-Vaughn Michael
Old 02-02-2004, 10:30 PM   #26
Coola Yagami
Overlord

you have to remember that in the first 5 eps bebop and rocksteady were alot more viscious and dangerous. They were common street thugs and were well.. as dumb as common street thugs. Later when the series became alot more childish, they just plain became ... well... extremely stupid and brainless...

groundchuck and dirtbag were the new guys in town so of course that had to give the tmnt a good fight.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 08:06 AM   #27
Drtooth
Foot Elite

I have a question... was Groundchuck in the thrid NES video game? I remember him being there somehow...
Old 02-03-2004, 10:00 AM   #28
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth
I have a question... was Groundchuck in the thrid NES video game? I remember him being there somehow...
yes groundchuck,dirtbag and many others wer ein that game.
-Vaughn Michael
Old 02-03-2004, 10:17 AM   #29
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Oh... thanks... I was going crazy for a minute there...

I remember I've seen him in action figure form before I played the game (not in the cartoon) so I wondered why he was there...
Old 02-05-2004, 11:53 AM   #30
majesty329
Thug

Dirtbag and Groundchuck was cool, I wish they were in more episodes.

As for Chrome Dome he was awesome.

And Krang did have his own henchman General Tragg.
majesty329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 04:06 PM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

It blows my mind these characters are all relevant in the year 2022.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 04:32 PM   #32
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It's been so long but I sworn Groundchuck and Dirtbag had a return episode but I forgot how it resolved or if they were just sent right back to the turtle planet.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 06-18-2022, 04:34 PM   #33
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It blows my mind these characters are all relevant in the year 2022.
I wouldn't exactly call being used to fill out the boss roster of a beat 'em-up "relevance", especially not if it's a game where you fight the same four characters as bosses at least twice.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 04:36 PM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
It's been so long but I sworn Groundchuck and Dirtbag had a return episode but I forgot how it resolved or if they were just sent right back to the turtle planet.
They did, Groundchuck and Dirtbag appeared a second time in "Return to the Planet of the Turtleoids."

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I wouldn't exactly call being used to fill out the boss roster of a beat 'em-up "relevance", especially not if it's a game where you fight the same four characters as bosses at least twice.
Chrome Dome was also in Season 2 of the Nick cartoon (although they just re-used Chris Bradford's model in armor for it), and Groundchuck/Dirtbag also just appeared in IDW's comics as mindless frankenstein mutants by Dr. Barlow who is making Venus.
Old 06-18-2022, 04:49 PM   #35
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
They did, Groundchuck and Dirtbag appeared a second time in "Return to the Planet of the Turtleoids."

Chrome Dome was also in Season 2 of the Nick cartoon (although they just re-used Chris Bradford's model in armor for it), and Groundchuck/Dirtbag also just appeared in IDW's comics as mindless frankenstein mutants by Dr. Barlow who is making Venus.
What happened to them in their return episode?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 06-18-2022, 05:30 PM   #36
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
In both cases it just feels like they are there to be there, not actually have a substantial impact on the plot. It's the "Ooh, I 'member!" effect.
Hahahaha!
Old 06-18-2022, 05:47 PM   #37
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

They both appeared in the IDW comics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chuck_IDW_Profile_Pic.jpg (12.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DB_IDW_Profile_Pic.jpg (15.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 06-18-2022, 05:56 PM   #38
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
They both appeared in the IDW comics.
We established that already.
Hahahaha!
Old 06-21-2022, 05:34 PM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord

Speak of the devil:

Groundchuck and Dirtbag are going to be in at least one of the new comics too.

Is it just me or are they getting a kind of revival lately? I'm glad to see them back because they never actually appeared in the Nick 2012 cartoon.
Old 06-21-2022, 07:15 PM   #40
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Speak of the devil:

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/zd...gtC7TNGR9G.jpg

Groundchuck and Dirtbag are going to be in at least one of the new comics too.

Is it just me or are they getting a kind of revival lately? I'm glad to see them back because they never actually appeared in the Nick 2012 cartoon.
You want my opinion? It's probably because they look weird enough and they've already used Mutagen Man, Mondo Gecko, Pizzaface, Muckman, Scumbug, Wyrm, Antrax, Chrome Dome, Wingnut and most of the other shallow characters cooked up under Playmates for other projects. Dirtbag and Groundchuck were kind of the only nostalgia action figures left.
Hahahaha!