The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Nothing scarier than shrunken heads, nut busters and a little dueling banjo...
I understand NOTHING. 8( 44 35.77%
And so goes another conflicted trip on the Apritello Romance Rollercoaster! 29 23.58%
Donnie better Never be in a room with Leatherhead AND Bigfoot, because he willl have NO face left. 5 4.07%
Noooo Ice Cream Kitty!!! 34 27.64%
And you thought Kraang Prime being a dude was a surprise.... 11 8.94%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2014, 06:32 PM   #281
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

D'aww look at those poor little guilty faces... lol at least Leo and Casey look like that thoughtless conversation and making themselves look like jerks will keep them awake a bit that night. lol

But at the same time, had it not happened and Bigfoot hadn't run off that creepy guy would just continue hunting her for god knows how long instead of being her... whatever he is now. lol
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:32 PM   #282
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperManwich View Post
I've never been 100% on board with the whole Donny liking April thing. He's my favorite Turtle, and it was always something I wish they didn't do, but never ruined the show. Though I will say, it might have ruined at the most an episode. Namely, the fungus one where everyone was experiencing their worst fears. Raph and Mike see their legitimate fears of gross creepy crawly creatures, Leo fears horrible things happening to his brothers as a result of poor leadership and fear of failure with dire consequences. April and Casey also fear these creatures that most normal people wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. Donny is rendered completely useless to the team with thoughts of April not liking him. Seriously. He got off pretty easy in my opinion. He shouldn't be on his knees or in the fetal position, cowering and providing nothing to the team as a result of that particular fear. Take it down a notch, Romeo. When your favorite Turtle can't defend himself or anyone else because of something like that, it's hard to watch and enjoy.
It's interesting how people interpret certain things, eh? Personally, I felt that the fear showed that he has a slight complex over being a mutant because of what April was saying in the very beginning. She hates him because of what he is and that his being a mutant will drive her away. In other words, I felt it reflected on his friendship with her and the romance stuff being secondary.

They had just recently become friends again. I felt that his fear was losing her friendship again because of what he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
I feel like I'm the only person who liked Pizzaface.
Nah, I liked it for the most part too, but only because my interpretation of the ep is that it was a dream. If this was a serious episode, I probably wouldn't like it as much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Honestly I've been wondering lately if Leo and Casey's conversation was meant more at Donnie's expense, and finding it amusing watching him deal with the situation, rather than ever intending to mock Bigfoot.

And perhaps absentmindedly not giving consideration to her feelings because they might not easily see the 'creature' that is the 'mythical Bigfoot' as a person in the same way they see themselves and humans. Thus committing the same sin some humans would commit against them for being talking turtles. The show missed an learning opportunity there for the Turtles, or at least Leo, by not pointing that out.
To be honest, I like that the fact that Leo is like this. He actually doesn't come across as "perfect" like in other incarnations, and that's probably why I like his character so much for this one. Like in the Cockroach Terminator episode, and Donnie was going on about why the roach was so special. Leo was like, "Okay, why is it special?" Donnie explained how it was all loaded up with a camera and stuff, and then Leo said, "I know why you're special", or something like that, which is pretty rude and cold.

That aside, I feel the same. They were both joking over Donnie, imo, not necessarily her and Casey did say that they didn't mean to hurt her feelings and I genuinely believed it. They were acting like teen boys, imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
You know, yeah Leo and Casey were being heartless douchebags, but I was more interested in Mikey's reaction. He was shocked to see Big Foot ran away crying.

Spoiler:
http://i.imgur.com/cZRN1f2.png

http://i.imgur.com/VwIOFhd.png

I was astounded and pleasantly surprised to see Mikey scolding them. The smallest and youngest brother practically screamed to them: "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS?" Mikey isn't taking any of that ****, talking smack about other people. He looked absolutely livid.

http://i.imgur.com/GJl35Vs.png

http://i.imgur.com/j5xDyYJ.jpg

Living as a mutant, having a hard time getting acceptance from people, Mikey knows how it feels to be rejected and the pain that goes with it.

I'm impressed, bravo Nick.
Same here. I loved that part! I loved Mikey's reaction. Maybe in a way, he and Donnie take these things seriously. We have an example of Leo saying something insensitive regarding looks and we have an example of Raph making fun of someone's appearance, even if it was Mikey in Shellacne. We don't have any examples of that from Donnie or Mikey. I'm sure Mikey probably started feeling this way after the Bradford ep and how he was feared when he was trying to return that guy's cat.

I love Mikey moments like this. He may be goofy at times, but he really does show how he's the heart of the team and group.

Please writers, give Mikey more moments where he's scolding the others, as it's awesome!

Last edited by ssjup81; 10-13-2014 at 07:51 PM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:41 AM   #283
ssjup81
Foot Elite

So...I just rewatched this episode. Since I'm at home now, I can use my laptop, and boy did I miss stuff. I'm going back to the previous eps too.

Anyway, there were some things I didn't catch before. I still like the episode though, but man the wrestling moves. lol I now wonder how ironic it would've been if Nash would've been voicing this character as opposed to Jesse Ventura. lol

Oh the look on Mikey's face with disgust at Leo and Casey was a nice touch, which I didn't notice before.

The fighting is nicer than on my small cell phone screen...and I didn't notice the "crunch" with poor Mikey. Welp...that's all I can think of right off. Bigfoot's voice is still creepy, yet appropriate.

OH! This episode has me even more convinced that Pizzaface was a dream.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:43 AM   #284
snake
Disgusting

Wait, the Finger was voiced by Jesse Ventura? I didn't notice that.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:35 AM   #285
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Wait, the Finger was voiced by Jesse Ventura? I didn't notice that.
Yeah. Jesse "the body" Ventura. lol I noticed it when I first saw the ep and joked, that he was Jesse "the Finger" Ventura. lol

Oh and then when he was going, "Oh yeah brother" was obviously a Hulk Hogan reference (I was almost waiting for him to joke and make a reference to "Hulkamaniacs" lol) and all of the attacks he used on Donnie and Mikey were wrestling moves.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:33 AM   #286
Red-eyed Jaguar
Thug

Hmm, perhaps I should throw my two cents in it too.

This Episode was 50/50 for me and kinda left me with the feeling 'not sure if want' |D"

Negative things first:

The woebegone-discussion of the love-triangle, sorry I have to write something about this too.
I wasn't a fan of this idea from the start. I kinda prefer Donnie to be the techgeek-loner (yes I'm heartless) and then I saw that scene from episode one and went all like "You've got to be kidding me?!". But fine, alright, I just take it as given and avoid it (kinda hard when it is omnipresent,hu?! ).
At one point I did understand both sides, on later occassions I only understand Donnies side.
I am not going deeper in this subject and only say so much: It would be a lot more helpful if they would talk about it. Actions from either side make everything more confusing and while Donatello wanted to tell her how he felt about her, she always pushed it away. Kissing him like this..personally, the complete wrong thing to do.
Others pointed it already out here, she should have talked to him, perhaps that she needs a bit more time to think about everything, making it clear that she likes him when he is himself.
(On a side note..I do prefer Donnie-centric episodes like "Pulverizer", "Pulverizer returns" or "Metalhead rewired" brings a lot more to his character, but that's just me)
So..that's all I say to it, no more. If people don't like it, they don't and if people do like it, that's great too.

The other (surprisingly) 'heated' discussion about 'Casey and Leo insulting a poor wood-creature'..
At first I admit, I was angry with them. Guess I was just a bit confused, since I'm not used to Leo to be like this. All those other examples pointed out in this thread: Between brothers/siblings, it is quite normal to pick on each other or tend to be a bit too..well,rude. Not sure if it is only me, but I felt like in the first two Raph-centric episodes, Leo always came off a bit...cold-hearted.hm..
Anyway!
After thinking and reading other peoples opinions about it, I do agree now. It is a good take on his character. Not to forget, he really seemed to feel bad about it afterwards.

All right now, enough with this 'endless discussion subjects'..sorry that I brought it up again. ^^
Up to more positive feedback.
The animations indeed look great! And I did laugh a lot through the episode. I don't know..I think I just love those "it's so silly, it's funny again"-jokes.
I always liked Mikey in previous incarnations, but here, he is definitely my number one favourite.
Everything else was already said by others,so yes.
Thanks you took your time and read through all this nonsense xD
Red-eyed Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:50 AM   #287
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
So...I just rewatched this episode. Since I'm at home now, I can use my laptop, and boy did I miss stuff. I'm going back to the previous eps too.

Anyway, there were some things I didn't catch before. I still like the episode though, but man the wrestling moves. lol I now wonder how ironic it would've been if Nash would've been voicing this character as opposed to Jesse Ventura. lol

Oh the look on Mikey's face with disgust at Leo and Casey was a nice touch, which I didn't notice before.

The fighting is nicer than on my small cell phone screen...and I didn't notice the "crunch" with poor Mikey. Welp...that's all I can think of right off. Bigfoot's voice is still creepy, yet appropriate.

OH! This episode has me even more convinced that Pizzaface was a dream.
Yeah, I liked how Jesse voiced The Finger, though I think it would have been awesome if it had been "Macho Man" Randy Savage, but alas he can't. I know he used to do voice work though. And the wrestling moves were awesome too. I watched it with my mom and even she noticed some of the moves that The Finger did. She liked the ep. I told her I wanted April to be with Donnie and she said, "She can't be with a Turtle!" I said, "Yeah, she can! She's not even human! She's part Kraang!" Mom said, "She is?" I said, "Yep, she is. And she doesn't like Casey in this incarnation anyway and I don't want her to because Casey's kind of a jerk sometimes." It was hilarious.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 09:45 AM   #288
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

I can't believe Big Foot was voiced by this. Wowser.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:50 AM   #289
tinlunlau
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post

https://38.media.tumblr.com/32bc7551...y0zyo1_400.jpg
Wasn't he the guy who played Will Smith's white uncle in Fresh Prince of Bel Air?
tinlunlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:37 AM   #290
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Oh and then when he was going, "Oh yeah brother" was obviously a Hulk Hogan reference
Clears that one up for me, thank you. Not being too schooled in wrestling stuff, the repeated "oh yeah brother" while Donnie was beating on him just came across a little wrong...
Old 10-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #291
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlunlau View Post
Wasn't he the guy who played Will Smith's white uncle in Fresh Prince of Bel Air?
He's done a lot in his career. He portrayed Jethro in the 1993 film adaptation of The Beverly Hillbillies, One of Drew Carey's life long friends on The Drew Carey Show and was the voice of Batman in Batman: Brave and the Bold just to name a couple credits!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:17 PM   #292
JTH
"ME"

I'll give my opinion on some of the nitpicks on here. For all that had a problem with Leo being written like a dick making fun of Bigfoot, look who he was with. Casey.

I see what they were doing and it was written properly, because it was a typical teenager trait. I'm sure we've all done, or know someone who has done this, where they act differently around someone to try to buddy up to them. We've never seen Leo and Casey around each other and it looks like Leo is trying to act more macho and tough around Casey to befriend him more.

Is it right for Leo to do that, no. But was it written right, yes.

Also for people that think April acting uncomfortable was wrong, it's not. Because it was uncomfortable and it was too much, and even Donnie feared that before he did it.

Remember the conversation he had with Mikey before it:

D: "Too much?" (So he believes it's overkill)
M: "Do you want my honest opinion?" ("Yeah, I think you're right.")
D: "Only if you think it's perfect. ("Just lie to me Mikey, please.")
M: ... (I don't think I should...but if you want me to...alright) ...It's perfect!

So Mikey lies to Donnie to get his hopes up, and Donnie though fearing it's too much, acts on bad information from Mikey and goes through with it.

End result, it's too much, and April acted accordingly.

Again, was it right for April to do that, no. But was it written properly for what was intended, yes. Which resulted afterward at the end where Donnie's confession made April realize that that meant a lot to Donnie and she hurt his feelings, and she realized she should have handled it better.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 03:54 PM   #293
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Also for people that think April acting uncomfortable was wrong, it's not. Because it was uncomfortable and it was too much, and even Donnie feared that before he did it.

M: ... (I don't think I should...but if you want me to...alright) ...It's perfect!

So Mikey lies to Donnie to get his hopes up, and Donnie though fearing it's too much, acts on bad information from Mikey and goes through with it.

Wow, this is how I viewed the conversation too, especially Mikey and even later, he did notice how bad Donnie felt afterwards. To me he seemed to kinda "get it".
Quote:
Again, was it right for April to do that, no. But was it written properly for what was intended, yes. Which resulted afterward at the end where Donnie's confession made April realize that that meant a lot to Donnie and she hurt his feelings, and she realized she should have handled it better.
Nice interpretation. Plausible too.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:04 PM   #294
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Clears that one up for me, thank you. Not being too schooled in wrestling stuff, the repeated "oh yeah brother" while Donnie was beating on him just came across a little wrong...
Yeah, his powering up (I guess you could call it) was Hulk Hogan-ish too. He used to do that too.

You should watch one of his old promos, he said the "brother" thing a lot. The character did anyway. Seriously, I was waiting for the Finger to say something about all of his Hulkamaniacs. "Yeah brother! I fight for my Hulkamaniacs!"

Funny how it was Jesse Ventura voicing him, though and I still feel for poor Mikey in that fight using that ball breaker move (or whatever it's called). ><
Old 10-14-2014, 04:22 PM   #295
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Yeah, his powering up (I guess you could call it) was Hulk Hogan-ish too. He used to do that too.

You should watch one of his old promos, he said the "brother" thing a lot. The character did anyway. Seriously, I was waiting for the Finger to say something about all of his Hulkamaniacs. "Yeah brother! I fight for my Hulkamaniacs!"

Funny how it was Jesse Ventura voicing him, though and I still feel for poor Mikey in that fight using that ball breaker move (or whatever it's called). ><
The Atomic Drop: Although technically it's supposed to drop you on your rump, still hurts though.

Now an Inverted Atomic Drop.

Now we're talkin' brother!
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:25 PM   #296
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
The Atomic Drop: Although technically it's supposed to drop you on your rump, still hurts though.

Now an Inverted Atomic Drop.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/421...mic-drop-o.gif

Now we're talkin' brother!
Thanks, I couldn't remember the name for the world. I've always sucked at wrestling move names, unless it was a signature move...outside of the basic things like a body slam, clothes line, etc.

Either way, poor Mikey! That crunch sound was so bad.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:04 PM   #297
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
I'll give my opinion on some of the nitpicks on here. For all that had a problem with Leo being written like a dick making fun of Bigfoot, look who he was with. Casey.

I see what they were doing and it was written properly, because it was a typical teenager trait. I'm sure we've all done, or know someone who has done this, where they act differently around someone to try to buddy up to them. We've never seen Leo and Casey around each other and it looks like Leo is trying to act more macho and tough around Casey to befriend him more.

Is it right for Leo to do that, no. But was it written right, yes.

Wow, this has more layers of meanings than I ever realized. I should rewatch the episode again and pay more attention to these little details that's easily missed. Cheers.

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 10-14-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:14 PM   #298
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Which resulted afterward at the end where Donnie's confession made April realize that that meant a lot to Donnie and she hurt his feelings, and she realized she should have handled it better.
Good angle on it. Though Donnie went and made it awkward and set himself up for that, at the same time he put a lot of work and care into making that music box.

April, hun... just fill the box with lots more pics of you and all the guys and make it a keepsake, and in that way a single Donnie pic is no longer so awkward in it.

Quote:
Either way, poor Mikey! That crunch sound was so bad.
Well, I guess at least now he no longer has shelly areas where it shouldn't actually be. lol Poor kid.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:46 AM   #299
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
April, hun... just fill the box with lots more pics of you and all the guys and make it a keepsake, and in that way a single Donnie pic is no longer so awkward in it.
I don't think April kept the music box:

See, Donnie still has it.
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 05:26 AM   #300
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Wow, this has more layers of meanings than I ever realized. I should rewatch the episode again and pay more attention to these little details that's easily missed. Cheers.
Yeah, look at Mikey's face right before he said "perfect".