The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Nothing scarier than shrunken heads, nut busters and a little dueling banjo...
I understand NOTHING. 8( 44 35.77%
And so goes another conflicted trip on the Apritello Romance Rollercoaster! 29 23.58%
Donnie better Never be in a room with Leatherhead AND Bigfoot, because he willl have NO face left. 5 4.07%
Noooo Ice Cream Kitty!!! 34 27.64%
And you thought Kraang Prime being a dude was a surprise.... 11 8.94%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2014, 07:19 AM   #301
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Better late than never!

Finally got to see this after reminding the guys at amazon to put it up around Monday night. My better half and I weren't sure what to think of the title and brief synopsis, but we both enjoyed this episode very much. There were some genuinely funny bits. I liked Raph's reaction to Bigfoot using the tub for a toilet. We also found The Finger to be one insane character. He sort of reminded me of Norman from Psycho. I guess it was the way he'd talk to himself and voice his mother. There was a weird hillbilly character in one of the Friday the 13th movies who kept talking about his mama, and I was also briefly thinking of this guy. I can't remember which film he was in. Can one of you huge horror movie buffs help a guy out?

Some of you also pointed out Mikey calling Leo and Casey out for making fun of Bigfoot. I liked that bit as well. Although I do enjoy that the writers aren't making Leo Mr. Perfect like he sometimes appeared to be in 2k3. He's growing into a great warrior and a very capable leader, but he's still just a kid, and of course he's going to act like one from time to time. Pretty sure he regretted laughing after the fact.

I'd like to address the performances of the vas this episode. I loved Rob Paulsen's. Okay, I always do, but he totally knows how to sound like that typical heartbroken teen on the possible cusp of a breakup. Then of course, there was the bit after Donnie was kissed by April. And loved Cipes putting the guys in their places as Mikey. I'm getting used to Seth Green's Leo, but hope they give him more to do soon. Ventura just nailed The Finger, and Bader made me tear up just a wee bit as Bigfoot. Mae Whitman was cracking me up during the Bigfoot makeover scene. You can tell April misses female companionship. I kept wondering if she was thinking of the Irma incident.

So for me, there was a lot to like about this episode. The fight scene at the end was fun too. But now I'm ready for Buried Secrets and more episodes that have to do with the main story arc. Can't wait for this weekend. Those of you who purchase your TMNT 2012 via amazon shouldn't hesitate to e-mail them if you don't see it up there the day after it airs. One of the guys I talked to said there was no reason why they shouldn't have it the very next day, and it sounds like they're going to look into why some folks aren't on top of things.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:51 AM   #302
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, I loved the VAs in this and agree that I hope Leo gets more screen time soon because I always love episodes that center around him. The Finger was definitely crazy and Ventura nailed it. There were times where you could tell it was Jesse Ventura voicing him, but there were others where you couldn't really tell like when he was talking for his mom. He did a great job with that.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:06 AM   #303
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, I loved the VAs in this and agree that I hope Leo gets more screen time soon because I always love episodes that center around him. The Finger was definitely crazy and Ventura nailed it. There were times where you could tell it was Jesse Ventura voicing him, but there were others where you couldn't really tell like when he was talking for his mom. He did a great job with that.
Yeah, Jesse Ventura nailed it. However, I'm slightly disappointed with the lack of Predator references in the episode.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:32 AM   #304
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
Yeah, Jesse Ventura nailed it. However, I'm slightly disappointed with the lack of Predator references in the episode.
I knooow.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:56 AM   #305
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
I don't think April kept the music box:

http://i.imgur.com/J0qrAw8.gif

http://i.imgur.com/wJCsp2c.gif

See, Donnie still has it.
Ohh

Think at the end he says he won't bother her with music boxes so just kind of unconsciously accepted that as plural, but you're prob right, prob a little hard to make a second one that fast with only basic tools at hand. (And why would he I guess.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:15 AM   #306
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Ohh

Think at the end he says he won't bother her with music boxes so just kind of unconsciously accepted that as plural, but you're prob right, prob a little hard to make a second one that fast with only basic tools at hand. (And why would he I guess.)
Well, there's the Turtle Blimp coming up. He might try to impress her with that. I can just see that big balloon with,"I'm Your Mutant But I Understand Nothing," written on it. I'm dying to know how the heck he manages to build that in the middle of nowhere. I know I'd be impressed. haha Donnie is the MacGyver of TMNT. All he needs now is a Murdoc-like nemesis.

Obi Wan, I forgot about potential Predator references! That would have rocked.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:40 AM   #307
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
Well, there's the Turtle Blimp coming up. He might try to impress her with that. I can just see that big balloon with,"I'm Your Mutant But I Understand Nothing," written on it.

Right side: "I made you a big balloon, do you love me now??"
Left side: This photo http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me...7a2o1_1280.png
Spoiler:

But I digress... Sorry Donnie for poking at ya...
Old 10-15-2014, 04:08 PM   #308
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Well, I for one can't wait for the Turtle Blimp. That's going to be one sweet ride, and I wonder if he'll build it at the farm or in New York.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:14 PM   #309
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Well, I for one can't wait for the Turtle Blimp. That's going to be one sweet ride, and I wonder if he'll build it at the farm or in New York.
Where's he going to find the source to power it?
Old 10-15-2014, 04:15 PM   #310
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
Where's he going to find the source to power it?
Prob same as the sub. Work those leg muscles, boys (and lady)!
Old 10-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #311
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
I'm more excited to see them spruce up Kirby's party wagon and turn it into the Turtle Van!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:11 PM   #312
Leon
Random Punk

Has anyone else noticed that they have taken the episode off of the apple store? I own the season pass, watched it several times with my son but now its gone
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:28 PM   #313
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post

Right side: "I made you a big balloon, do you love me now??"
Left side: This photo http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me...7a2o1_1280.png

But I digress... Sorry Donnie for poking at ya...
I can't wait for the blimp and the party wagon. But Mikey better leave the helium alone!
Old 10-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #314
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
I can't wait for the blimp and the party wagon. But Mikey better leave the helium alone!
Come on, that sh!t would be funny! I wouldn't be surprised if they all did that!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #315
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Has anyone else noticed that they have taken the episode off of the apple store? I own the season pass, watched it several times with my son but now its gone
What? I wonder why.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #316
Bitsy83
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
You too?!?!?! Oh man, I thought it was me. Like they changed the downloading format or something. I knew I should've downloaded it while I had the chance. I had seen it on TV before, so I wasn't rushing to get it. Hopefully, people will be writing Apple about that....
Old 10-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #317
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
But Mikey better leave the helium alone!

Make it happen
Old 10-15-2014, 08:23 PM   #318
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsy83 View Post
You too?!?!?! Oh man, I thought it was me. Like they changed the downloading format or something. I knew I should've downloaded it while I had the chance. I had seen it on TV before, so I wasn't rushing to get it. Hopefully, people will be writing Apple about that....
They can't handle that hot Finger/Bigfoot action.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:05 PM   #319
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I just thought of another old-school wrestler who probably would've pulled off voicing the Finger well. I know bubblyturtle (I think) mentioned Macho Man Randy Savage, if he was still around, but I don't think he would work well there. He's never come across as nutty to me. Nash either and I only mentioned him since he was Super Shredder in movie 2. But, anyway, I think one of the perfect old-school wrestlers to voice the Finger could've been...

*drumroll*

Rowdy Roddy Piper!! Seriously!! His character was always insane!! I could so picture him voicing the character and talking to the shrunken head. He's the sole reason why Wrestlemania VI (from 1990) is my favorite Wrestlemania where he was talking to both sides of his personality (Black/white). lol Oh and that thing he did for that Halloween special back in like the mid 80s!

Here it is, Piper dealing with trick-or-treaters...please watch it.

Tell me he wouldn't have been perfect as "The Finger".

Oh and for those who are into old WWF stuff, the girl with the gold dress is a young Stephanie McMahon.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:55 AM   #320
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I just thought of another old-school wrestler who probably would've pulled off voicing the Finger well. I know bubblyturtle (I think) mentioned Macho Man Randy Savage, if he was still around, but I don't think he would work well there. He's never come across as nutty to me. Nash either and I only mentioned him since he was Super Shredder in movie 2. But, anyway, I think one of the perfect old-school wrestlers to voice the Finger could've been...

*drumroll*

Rowdy Roddy Piper!! Seriously!! His character was always insane!! I could so picture him voicing the character and talking to the shrunken head. He's the sole reason why Wrestlemania VI (from 1990) is my favorite Wrestlemania where he was talking to both sides of his personality (Black/white). lol Oh and that thing he did for that Halloween special back in like the mid 80s!

Here it is, Piper dealing with trick-or-treaters...please watch it.

Tell me he wouldn't have been perfect as "The Finger".

Oh and for those who are into old WWF stuff, the girl with the gold dress is a young Stephanie McMahon.
Oh God. lol I used to love wrestling back in the day. I remember this guy, and yeah he'd be great to hear in TMNT 2012. He used to be one of my favorites. My brother liked him too. I guess it was because the character was so insane and unpredictable. Thanks for the memories. haha