The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Nothing scarier than shrunken heads, nut busters and a little dueling banjo...
I understand NOTHING. 8( 44 35.77%
And so goes another conflicted trip on the Apritello Romance Rollercoaster! 29 23.58%
Donnie better Never be in a room with Leatherhead AND Bigfoot, because he willl have NO face left. 5 4.07%
Noooo Ice Cream Kitty!!! 34 27.64%
And you thought Kraang Prime being a dude was a surprise.... 11 8.94%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #321
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I just thought of another old-school wrestler who probably would've pulled off voicing the Finger well. I know bubblyturtle (I think) mentioned Macho Man Randy Savage, if he was still around, but I don't think he would work well there. He's never come across as nutty to me. Nash either and I only mentioned him since he was Super Shredder in movie 2. But, anyway, I think one of the perfect old-school wrestlers to voice the Finger could've been...

*drumroll*

Rowdy Roddy Piper!! Seriously!! His character was always insane!! I could so picture him voicing the character and talking to the shrunken head. He's the sole reason why Wrestlemania VI (from 1990) is my favorite Wrestlemania where he was talking to both sides of his personality (Black/white). lol Oh and that thing he did for that Halloween special back in like the mid 80s!

Here it is, Piper dealing with trick-or-treaters...please watch it.

Tell me he wouldn't have been perfect as "The Finger".

Oh and for those who are into old WWF stuff, the girl with the gold dress is a young Stephanie McMahon.
That was an awesome video, SSJup. I agree that Piper would have been awesome, too, and that he'd make a great character on TMNT because he was insane sometimes. Oh, and my name is BubblyShell not BubblyTurtle, but it's okay. You can call me Shell for short if you want. I really hope that this opens the door for more wrestlers to possibly make cameos in the show because I can think of quite a few who would be good at it.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:35 PM   #322
ernesth100
Thug

Okay, so I finally got around to watching this episode and let me say. Bigfoot, atleast in the beginning, was a badass.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:25 PM   #323
BFire92
New Recruit

Smile

Even though I wanted to hurl several times, and REALLY wanted to slap Donatello when he gave April a music box with a picture of himself, I feel like this was an important episode. Maybe Donnie will be less goofy in the future? I hope so, 'cause the guys are growing up, and I feel like a more "adult" flirting (no, not sexy flirting, but grown up flirting) would be suiting now. Less goof, more serious.

And is it just me, or is the animation getting a lot better? I always thought something was off with the animation of April, something with her mouth and chin, but not any more.
BFire92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 01:40 PM   #324
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFire92 View Post
Even though I wanted to hurl several times, and REALLY wanted to slap Donatello when he gave April a music box with a picture of himself, I feel like this was an important episode. Maybe Donnie will be less goofy in the future? I hope so, 'cause the guys are growing up, and I feel like a more "adult" flirting (no, not sexy flirting, but grown up flirting) would be suiting now. Less goof, more serious.

And is it just me, or is the animation getting a lot better? I always thought something was off with the animation of April, something with her mouth and chin, but not any more.
The mouth flaps look more off during season 1 but they look more natural in season 2 and 3.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:52 AM   #325
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Another episode in and I really don't like Seth Green as Leo. It's nothing against Green - I just don't think the new voice fits the character.
Nor do I. Sounds wayyyy too gravelly.

Lisardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:11 PM   #326
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I disagree. I think it sounds perfect, especially in the latest episode.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #327
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I think I'm getting used to Seth, but as the show goes on, I hope he can sound a little...younger? You know, as Leo heals up.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #328
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
I think I'm getting used to Seth, but as the show goes on, I hope he can sound a little...younger? You know, as Leo heals up.
I hate to be this way, but I have to admit. I'm not feeling Seth is Leo. I was optimistic, but now, there is something off with the voice. I'm liking it about as much as I liked Johnny KNoxville, and that's not a good thing. I've never really had a problem with Leo's voice actors, until these last couple of decisions. I wonder why they couldn't try to use the same guy that took over for Biggs, or maybe go to someone like Mike Sinterniklaas (who is my favorite Leo voice actor of all time, thus far) or James Arnold Taylor, who I thought was pretty damn good in the 2007 movie, (probably can't since he's voicing Obi Wan in the Star Wars cartoons)

But, unless Seth starts to use his higher octane voice, I'm just not feeling it.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #329
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I have to go both ways on the voice thing right now... likewise, not big on the bits where he sounds more gravelly. Although when the voice sounds smoother, esp in some parts of Buried Secrets, it sounds rather good.

I don't really mind if he'd plays it a bit deeper or they go for that a little more. Would kind of help in just trying to believe Leo's voice simply changed...

And maybe it's just my hearing, but I swear there have been just a few occasions where he sounds similar to Raph for a second, mostly off screen, but it's not quite Raph enough to be Raph...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:38 PM   #330
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I think the voice is fine, and I loved it in this latest ep, especially when Leo's reaching out to April and telling her not to give up hope. Seth nailed that perfectly. And I loved his voice in "Within the Woods" and how he really made Leo sound weak and like he's been through a lot. But my fave part was when Leo says to the Creep, "Give me back my family, freak." Just another bada** Leo moment, and I hope there's more of those.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:43 PM   #331
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I think the voice is fine, and I loved it in this latest ep, especially when Leo's reaching out to April and telling her not to give up hope. Seth nailed that perfectly. And I loved his voice in "Within the Woods" and how he really made Leo sound weak and like he's been through a lot. But my fave part was when Leo says to the Creep, "Give me back my family, freak." Just another bada** Leo moment, and I hope there's more of those.
Funny, I found that quote kind of cringe worthy.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:49 PM   #332
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I agree about the prev ep. It was smoother. For the Within the Woods ep, his voice like that suited the situation, but I still can't help but play this scenario in my head...

Tea Time Girl: Mr. Turtle! You're okay!
Leo: Yes, I am.
<insert some random attack>
Leo: Get away from my tea time friend, freak!
<Leo defeats monster>
Tea Time Girl: Thank you Mr. Turtle...but your voice sounds different.
Leo: (Still in stealth mode) Yes...it's my Batman voice.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:57 PM   #333
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Funny, I found that quote kind of cringe worthy.
Really? I thought it was awesome!

Quote:
I agree about the prev ep. It was smoother. For the Within the Woods ep, his voice like that suited the situation, but I still can't help but play this scenario in my head...

<Leo defeats monster>
OMG, I laughed at that. So funny!

Old 10-19-2014, 05:01 PM   #334
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:

<Leo defeats monster>
I so want Tea Time girl to come back. I would love it if the Turtles came back to the city, and are trying to hide from the EPF, Kraang and the Foot, and are running out of options when all of a sudden they hear a little "pst, Mr Turtle, hurry up, over here. You can hide in my room till the bad guys go away!" Leo takes up the offer from the little girl, Raph snickers, and Donnie and Mikey could be like, "uh, you going to fill us in on this one!" Raph could be like " I dunno, won't you ask Mr Teatime over here!"
Old 10-19-2014, 10:40 PM   #335
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yeah see that's what it is. I get their little "joke" in the episode, about how he got hurt/damaged and his throat got affected. But he sounds wayyy too old and too different from the younger-sounding Jason Biggs. Doesn't mesh.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:42 PM   #336
Lisardo
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I hate to be this way, but I have to admit. I'm not feeling Seth is Leo. I was optimistic, but now, there is something off with the voice. I'm liking it about as much as I liked Johnny KNoxville, and that's not a good thing. I've never really had a problem with Leo's voice actors, until these last couple of decisions. I wonder why they couldn't try to use the same guy that took over for Biggs, or maybe go to someone like Mike Sinterniklaas (who is my favorite Leo voice actor of all time, thus far) or James Arnold Taylor, who I thought was pretty damn good in the 2007 movie, (probably can't since he's voicing Obi Wan in the Star Wars cartoons)

But, unless Seth starts to use his higher octane voice, I'm just not feeling it.
Yeah that substitute guy they used for a while I could barely even tell was a different voice actor from Jason Biggs (he sounded so similar). Seth sounds NOTHING like the other one, and it comes off weird. Hopefully it'll change tho.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:56 PM   #337
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisardo View Post
Yeah that substitute guy they used for a while I could barely even tell was a different voice actor from Jason Biggs (he sounded so similar). Seth sounds NOTHING like the other one, and it comes off weird. Hopefully it'll change tho.
Seth has the ability to sound like the Leonardo we are familiar with (he tends to have this, smooth, deepness in his voice, but without any gruff, if that makes sense) and Seth can and has sounded like that in past movies, so hopefully they can work out the kinks and find the right tone with him. Because it seems like the other cast and crew are taking him in like he's been apart of the family the whole time.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:15 PM   #338
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

To be honest, I kind have forgotten Jason Bigg's leo. It's like every time when I trying to imagine Leo's voice now, I hear Seth's voice.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:25 AM   #339
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, same here, but I guess that's because I'm so used to it now.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:35 AM   #340
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Me too. Seems like he fits right into the role. Can't wait to see the third episode. If only stupid amazon would get it uploaded. It's Monday already.