The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 03-08-2021, 10:04 AM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Why do women love jewelery and clothes so much?

I've noticed this about females a lot, they all have mostly the same reaction to clothes or jewelry. They always want nice outfits, pants, shoes (especially shoes), and they love necklaces, bracelets, rings, earings, etc.

I mean I don't wear any jewelry myself, and I have a few nice clothes I wear if I have to dress up, but for the most part I really don't care much what I wear especially if I'm just at home. A t-shirt and jeans or sweatpants will suffice. Yet so many of them are obsessed with this material stuff. I don't get it. Well I do get it (people want to look good), but still it's weird so many people gravitate toward the same things.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 10:46 AM   #2
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Because they are not men and that's exactly why we love them (most of us).
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 11:01 AM   #3
Prowler
Emperor

Ah a classic CyberCubed thread

I guess for the same reasons why men love cars and sports.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 02:07 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Because some people are into fashion and how they look... which includes some men. I really don't think it's that big of a mystery.

Although it's more of a mystery how someone who supposedly lives in NYC (right?) is confused by it. That's basically our fashion capitol, isn't it? Your really don't get out much... lol

I wouldn't generalize though. I don't dress like a slob or anything, but I honestly couldn't care less about fashion and whatever. Never have. Definitely a jeans and sneakers type. And luckily I can wear them for work. I figure, being first generation fully suburbanite, the country blood is still quite recent. lol Fashion and all that is too high maintenance for my taste and don't care to bother.

Jewelry is nice, but I don't wear much and I've largely just been wearing the same locket for 17 years and the same couple of rings (one of them my class ring) since high school. I'm consistent like that and they're basically a part of me.

Pro tip: stick with "women," btw... because using "females" as a noun is more likely to turn the majority of women immediately off from you rather than on. Most of us do not find it cute and that sounds like someone is speaking about animals, not human beings. Keep "female(s)" as an adjective... (Yes I know it's very tempting for a few to want to come in and start yelling about it. Try to contain yourselves.)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-08-2021 at 02:29 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 03:55 PM   #5
Roseangelo
Emperor

I like how he assumes that all men care the same as he does about how they look (as in, they don't). "Those gosh darn females wasting money on things I deem unimportant!"
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 03:56 PM   #6
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 04:04 PM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

Don't take the bait, guys. CC is obviously trolling/joking.

But yeah, like Indigo said, I'd avoid using "female" as a noun. That's what incels do. And you don't want to be taken for an incel, do you, Cubed?
Old 03-08-2021, 04:50 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

I refer to myself as a "male," so I don't see anything wrong with that. If someone said, "Look what those males are doing over there!" I wouldn't raise an eyebrow.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:55 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

And that also sounds grammatically weird. No one even talks like that (except the police), and maybe that's why it isn't bothersome to you.

Though how you feel about that is not the deciding factor on how a lot of women feel/should feel about it.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:21 PM   #10
oldmanwinters
Overlord

*jewelry

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:31 PM   #11
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

LOL what kind of bull is this bro?

Why do men love cars, sports, and yes even clothes and jewelry?

It's a fashion statement and maybe because they just like them *shrugs*.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 09:44 AM   #12
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Speaking as a woman, I never cared too much about clothes, shoes, and such in the past. My "style" was always comfortable sneakers, t-shirts, and jeans or shorts. However, I do go through occasional phases of wanting to be "girly", and dress in nicer clothes, like silk blouses, long skirts, and cute frilly tops, flower prints, and the like. I have maybe five pairs of shoes outside of my usual work shoes, which includes two nice ankle boot pairs, a nice pair of flats, the ONLY pair of high heels I've ever found in my size, and some comfy sneakers. And a couple pairs of slippers for around the house. That's it.

One thing I have always loved though, is anything soft. Silk, satin, fur (real or faux, I'm not snobbish or overly sensitive about "wearing fur is cruel"), well-tanned leather, or things like velvet or angora. Soft textures that are pleasurable to touch are my one fashion weakness. One of my favorite pieces of clothing was a wool-lined leather Baby Phat jacket I had that was smooth as butter. Until the arm got ripped and it couldn't be repaired. I almost cried that day. I also had a pair of metallic red pleather boots, but they unfortunately were ruined one day when it rained and the heels came off. Dang they were awesome, too....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 11:28 AM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's funny 90% of the time I just wear whatever and don't think about it.

At home:

- I wear just T-shirts (I have like 20+ of them), and either jeans or sweatpants.

- When I go outside, on rare times, I either wear just plain long sleeve shirts or sweatshirts depending how cold it is outside.

- Then of course I have the usual button down dress-shirts and suits and slacks if I have to dress up for a job. I don't really need to wear those much anymore since even before working at home you aren't required to dress-up or wear a suit.

But honestly, 90% of the time, I don't even really care what I wear. To me all T-shirts, sweatshirts and long sleeve shirts are all interchangeable. I just pick up whatever is first in my drawer, wear it, then wear something else the next day.

Honestly I can't even remember the last time I got interested in buying clothes.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:52 PM   #14
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

At home:

- I wear just T-shirts (I have like 20+ of them), and either jeans or sweatpants.

- When I go outside, on rare times, I either wear just plain long sleeve shirts or sweatshirts depending how cold it is outside.

- Then of course I have the usual button down dress-shirts and suits and slacks if I have to dress up for a job. I don't really need to wear those much anymore since even before working at home you aren't required to dress-up or wear a suit.

But honestly, 90% of the time, I don't even really care what I wear. To me all T-shirts, sweatshirts and long sleeve shirts are all interchangeable. I just pick up whatever is first in my drawer, wear it, then wear something else the next day.

Honestly I can't even remember the last time I got interested in buying clothes.
I dread shopping for new clothes. So I put off doing it as much as possible. But sometimes socks get old and worned out.

Most of my t-shirts and sweaters are either plain dark coloured ones or heavy metal or videogame related t-shirts. I like to keep it simple. I'm no fashionista. I don't have a style or anything like that.
Old 03-09-2021, 01:49 PM   #15
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
One thing I have always loved though, is anything soft.
You and me both. Esp if something is super soft and fluffy... I have often had to tell myself no, I don't need yet another blanket, or other item. I'd hoard that sort of thing like a crazy lady hoards cats if I let myself. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yes, but the real test is... how long will you wear a pair of jeans before washing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
The original king of bling.

Wonder how long it take before that much causes neck pain.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-09-2021 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:35 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wash jeans once a month. Unless I somehow fall into mud. But that would never happen.

It's also funny how women love shopping more then men. Like when I used to go to a mall or store, I'd know exactly what I was looking for and what I wanted to buy then go home. With a lot of women, I notice, is they can spend hours upon hours just shopping in a mall. Even looking for things they don't particularly need or stuff they just happen to come across while they're there. I notice men are, "quick and to the point" but women tend to love to shop and explore every nook and cranny.

I mean these stereotypes wouldn't be a thing if they weren't based on truths in real life dating back decades.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:55 PM   #17
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

And it's a crime that some people like browsing and just being out of the house for awhile?

I rarely buy much because I don't need anything. Often it's just been something that caught my eye in passing. Otherwise, in most cases I know what I'm after. Clothes are just too expensive to browse at random for just anything at all with nothing particular in mind.

Only exception really, when I do need something, is seeing if there's any gems that fit my needs within the clearance racks, since that can take a lot longer to flip through. The perfect jeans on the clearance rack... everyone knows that's a win. lol

There are those people, however, who seem to enjoy browsing the whole store and picking up anything and everything that catches their eye, piling it into a full shopping cart, and then they proceeded to leave 98-100% of it in the fitting room, often on the floor. When I worked in retail, I HATED those people. Yeah, a lot of them were women, but there are men that are bad about it with some things too. Some guys definitely want to try on every damned pair of pants in the place then leave them on the floor.

Personally, I've always shopped piece by piece, picking up only one or two items at a time and try them on; if I like it then that's the one and I go pay. If not, I put it back and look around a little more.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-09-2021 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-09-2021, 04:09 PM   #18
Prowler
Emperor

I hate shopping for clothes, but LOVE browsing for videogames and books.

Before the pandemic I often went out to bookstores or videogame shops/sections in stores to simply browse them. I'd end up not buying anything the vast majority of the time, but that's because I always waited to find a bargain or something rarer and then strike. That's how it's done!
Old 03-09-2021, 04:21 PM   #19
Roseangelo
Emperor

We get it, Cubed. You never leave the house and never pay for anything. We totally got that.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:23 PM   #20
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I hate shopping for clothes, but LOVE browsing for videogames and books.
Oh, that's definitely a different matter.

We have a store here named 2nd and Charles (not sure how wide spread it is or if anyone on this forum might be familiar?) that's an awesome mix of half used and half new stuff... It's primarily a used book store, but also resells a lot of games, albums, comics, pop culture stuff (typically new, including some exclusive to the store and a big section Funko Pop), other toys and collectables, etc... That store is frigging candyland and fun to browse. I dare Cubed to visit one and not stay a while. lol

Only been a few times and I haven't bought a whole lot, but I usually check if they magically have "The Works" vol 5 I'm looking for... So far no luck.

God, last time I was there I took a glace over their rare book section. Carefully looked at a couple old titles over a century old, from 1908 and 1911. Too cool.