The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 09-07-2015, 10:58 PM   #1
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Does Whitney and Clair give the Johto

Gym leaders a bad name? I was watching a video and the guy brings up a point that the Johto gym leaders on the whole are perhaps the less likeable bunch vs other gym leaders,

Now that's not to say we hate the Johto gym leaders, we all love Jasmine and Morty ete, Infact for me, Jasmine has always been my favorite gym leader, when I am sick and in bed, and giving the choice of any person real or not, Jasmine would be my first choice to look after me. Yeah she sends you on a quest for the cure for the sick Pokémon, but some one had to watch after it and stay by it's side.
I loved Jasmine lol.

And Morty's quest to see Ho-Ho and never comes true. I really felt sad for him, All his life of working and training and than Gold comes and well takes his Ho-Ho dreams away. I like Morty.

No what makes the Johto gym leaders are Whitney and Clair, When you first beat Whitney(And you never played it before) She starts to cry, never mind that she is perhaps the hardest Gym leaders in the game with that Miltank.

When you talk to her, she cries, when you talk to her again? More tears, It was not until you try to leave that you get that badge, but the first time though how many just click on Whitney endlessly for that badge.?

Than we get Clair, She is not as hard as Whitney, I never had problems with her, but once you beat her, she flat out refuses to give you the badge, and makes you take a test, that she herself failed. She is a real well you know what.

What is it with the 2 gym leaders that make plain gym leaders more like? Because when you beat them, they don't send you on quest to get said badge, that's why lol.

And all Hail the great Jasmine.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:47 PM   #2
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Man what

If someone doesn't like Clair, they don't like me, she was easily the best Johto Gym Leader

But I also loved Jasmine and Morty. I feel like the Johto Gym Leaders had more character [on the whole] than the Kanto ones.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:25 PM   #3
Allio
Foot Elite

I'd give them the Johto, if you know what I mean.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:32 PM   #4
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

I personally like Pryce the most of the gym leaders of Johto. I think both did provide a good challenge and in Crystal and the Johto remakes, you have the Dratini quiz following Clair. Whitney is also said to have been starting out, probably makes sense for why she would be crying if it was her first loss or something. If I ranked the Johto leaders I'd say this is about right:

1. Pryce
2. Bugsy
3. Jasmine
4. Morty
5. Clair
6. Whitney
7. Falkner
8. Chuck
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:16 PM   #5
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
I personally like Pryce the most of the gym leaders of Johto. I think both did provide a good challenge and in Crystal and the Johto remakes, you have the Dratini quiz following Clair. Whitney is also said to have been starting out, probably makes sense for why she would be crying if it was her first loss or something. If I ranked the Johto leaders I'd say this is about right:

1. Pryce
2. Bugsy
3. Jasmine
4. Morty
5. Clair
6. Whitney
7. Falkner
8. Chuck
And years later when Nate runs into Whitney during the world tournament(Black and White 2), and when Nate beats Whitney in the world tournament, what is the first thing Whitney does? Yep cries. All these years later, Whitney still cries when she gets beating lol.

Me Jasmine, Morty, Whitney,(I still like Whitney even with the rant lol) Bugsy,
Falkner, Chuck(Training in the water fall is cool lol) And Clair.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:33 PM   #6
Peanut
Second Gear

Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:36 PM   #7
Cure
Y'all need Jesus