The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-16-2021, 10:59 PM   #1
Venom
Space Knight

Were the other set of Turtles ever resolved?

So after the whole Triceraton invasion and the Turtles heading off to space with the Fugitoid occurred, we saw the guys head back in time and tell their past selves what happened, then they set off into space.

Was this ever resolved, or were we suppose to assume the past Turtles still sent on the same adventure as the future Turtles, hence avoiding a paradox?

It's been a few years since I've watched the episode, but this has always stuck out to me as an anomaly.
Old 05-16-2021, 11:08 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

It was just a lazy cop out, and the writers didn't put any effort into explaining what happened to the 2nd set of turtles. They probably just expected us to forget about them.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:34 AM   #3
newfan
Mad Scientist

Yeah I've thought we were probably supposed to forget about them.

Too early in the morning to think the rules of fictional time travel but should the later set have vanished after things were resolved? As the now current turtles aren't going to need to travel 6 months back in time to save the earth from being swallowed up.

Last edited by newfan; 05-17-2021 at 12:54 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 07:46 AM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

I thought it was pretty obvious Renet would set them back in their timeline.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:38 PM   #5
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
were we suppose to assume the past Turtles still sent on the same adventure as the future Turtles, hence avoiding a paradox?
This is what I assumed happened.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:40 PM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

I assume they were just eaten by Tokka.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:03 PM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I assume they were just eaten by Tokka.
Many of your headcanons in tmnt involve someone getting eaten

Didn't Bebop and Krang end up getting feasted on in the Fred Wolf City at War?
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 05:09 AM   #8
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Many of your headcanons in tmnt involve someone getting eaten

Didn't Bebop and Krang end up getting feasted on in the Fred Wolf City at War?
Spit roasted pig and calamari as I recall, I couldn't think of a rhino dish so Rocksteady just got slaughtered for aphrodisiacs.

In all seriousness about this topic, I think we're just meant to believe it started a timeloop. The Turtles we followed came back, the Fugitoid took the new ones on another adventure through time to find the BHG pieces, they fail in much the same way, go back to earth, meet another set of Turtles who go back and do the same thing.

Of course that doesn't really make sense, pre-destination and alternate timelines can't really co-exist like that. And indeed there is no mention of time travel this time, so it is possible they just went into space for an adventure. Oh, and upon checking the ending out again, there is a cliffhanger in which the version of the Fugitoid we had followed turned out to still be alive, meaning that not only do we have yet another plot thread this show failed to follow up on despite having 30-ish episodes left (as if it needed more) but there are two fugitoids running around as well.

Eh, let's just assume that if the duplicates of April, Casey and Fugitoid ever returned to earth, they changed their names to Robyn, Sid and Chet to avoid confusion. That works, right?
Hahahaha!
Old 05-18-2021, 09:47 AM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's very obvious there is a continual timeloop. The Turtles we met in the past will then go back in time and meet another set of Turtles, and then those Turtles meet the next set, and so on and so forth. This is also why you never see the same set of Turtles/April/Casey on Earth at the same time.

A lot of people can't figure this out on their own so they assume the writers just forgot about it but if you know anything about sci-fi it's obvious.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 10:55 AM   #10
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's very obvious there is a continual timeloop. The Turtles we met in the past will then go back in time and meet another set of Turtles, and then those Turtles meet the next set, and so on and so forth. This is also why you never see the same set of Turtles/April/Casey on Earth at the same time.

A lot of people can't figure this out on their own so they assume the writers just forgot about it but if you know anything about sci-fi it's obvious.
That is probably the intention as I laid out, there are just two problems here:
  1. One set of Turtles remembers earth being destroyed and the other remembers alternate versions of themselves preventing that, clearly they're not interchangeable.
  2. The Fugitoid duplicate never actually states they're going back in time, for all we know he's just keeping them off earth for the sake of the status quo, meaning they could still be out there.
Which is why it might be preferable to think the duplicates are actually this show's versions of Robyn and Sid.
Hahahaha!
Old 05-18-2021, 10:59 AM   #11
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

The problem with this is that the way it was presented left no room for a loop. In a usual loop, they would have shown up the first time around and sent them off, or would have shown up after they left. Instead, they went back in time, caught up with the present, and then averted the future that necessitated them going back in the first place. There was no loop, just a paradox resulting in two groups of characters, once of which just abandoned their lives, flew into space, and then were subsequently forgotten about by the writers.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 12:06 PM   #12
sdp
-

What about the time travel in the 1987 turtles where they meet themselves and team up against shredder? That also breaks the rules of the timeloop and since we're in a tmnt multiverse those time travel rules would apply there too.

In that team up clearly one team of turtles experienced something different than the other despite being the "same" turtles, so not a timeloop
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 10:35 AM   #13
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I figured it was an open-ended type approach, so that the viewers can choose whichever approach they want. For me, though, I just figured it was a continuous loop, like CyberCube mentioned.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote