Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 10:40 PM   #21
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoakleyz View Post
Like most things in life, it's complex and isn't a simple "either have it this or way or don't". To make it simple though I would have preferred a live action movie that involved Krang..
Just say what you're thinking please. You're an original cartoon elitist.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:42 PM   #22
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Dun dun DUUUUUUUUN!
Old 03-24-2007, 10:46 PM   #23
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I can find out for ya Z, just a sec:

blueoakleyz, did you expect the 2 mutants from TMNT 2 to be Bebop and Rocksteady and were you upset when they weren't?
and...did you want Shredder, Krang and the Technodrome for TMNT 3?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Old 03-24-2007, 10:49 PM   #24
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post

blueoakleyz, did you expect the 2 mutants from TMNT 2 to be Bebop and Rocksteady and were you upset when they weren't?
hahah I sure did when I was a kid!
Old 03-24-2007, 10:51 PM   #25
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:

...Well I sure as hell did
Old 03-24-2007, 10:52 PM   #26
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

OLD TOON ELITISTS!!! Both of you....ok...I did too. Tokka/Rahzar Bebop/Rocksteady thing that is...

I mean come on, wouldn't it be cool to hear movie Shredder scream:
"Bebop, Rocksteady! DESTROY THEM!!!"

Last edited by Jester; 03-24-2007 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 10:57 PM   #27
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
OLD TOON ELITISTS!!! Both of you....ok...I did too. Tokka/Rahzar Bebop/Rocksteady thing that is...

I mean come on, wouldn't it be cool to here movie Shredder scream:
you almost made me drop and F bomb! lmao!
would have read F@+K YES! lol
Old 03-24-2007, 11:14 PM   #28
CJStyles
Hench Mutant

Quote:
The human characters were just non proportional and looked really bad. Perhaps it was for the best that they said "Screw it lets just make them cartoony so people will know that's what they were going for" because if they had gone for realistic, even if something slight was off/inaccurate, humans are adept at noticing even if they don't know exactly WHAT it is they're noticing. Ever see something and say "That doesn't look quite right... I can't put my finger on why though"? So maybe that's what they thought.. I'd still prefer realistic humans.
You want realistic? Then go watch Final Fantasy
Old 03-24-2007, 11:19 PM   #29
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Quote:

I mean come on, wouldn't it be cool to hear movie Shredder scream:
No.

And duuuuude, oakley... Krang isn't coming back. Get over it, dude.

As per the thread? Yes. We are very lucky.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:20 PM   #30
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn View Post
We'd be even luckier with a kick-ass Extended Edition DVD and a sequel in the bag. Natch.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:23 PM   #31
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Dawn View Post
No.

And duuuuude, oakley... Krang isn't coming back. Get over it, dude.

you're such a black cloud Jo you know that *takes turtle com back off you*
Old 03-24-2007, 11:25 PM   #32
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStyles View Post
You want realistic? Then go watch Final Fantasy
Pixar Director Andrew Stanton states: "Animation should be interpretive, not realistic."

Don't try so hard to make a carbon copy of the real world. The entire idea of these kinds of movies is that we make a false world, a fantasy world, believable.

And holy crap, there's an awesome article from AWN I have to show you guys!
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:28 PM   #33
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
you're such a black cloud Jo you know that *takes turtle com back off you*
Nu uh! Nu uh!

Gimmee that back!! I loved this movie plenty!

Quote:
We'd be even luckier with a kick-ass Extended Edition DVD and a sequel in the bag. Natch.
Heck yes!! *Looks pleadingly at Kevin, batting her eyelashes*
Old 03-24-2007, 11:29 PM   #34
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

The problem with doing "realistic" CGI is that it always will look fake. Humans know from years of experience what other "real" humans look like. Even the slightest flaw is blown up. Watch Spider-man (love the film don't get me wrong). You can tell when it's really Toby or a stunt actor and when it's CG. The reason the humans in TMNT look cartoony is because they were supposed to. It takes you out of the real world and into the world as it relates to the characters. if the human characters had been photo realistic, I'm not sure how I'd like TMNT. Maybe a good mix of CG and live action, but even then, it's probably look fake.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:32 PM   #35
blueoakleyz
Foot Soldier

Quote:
The problem with doing "realistic" CGI is that it always will look fake. Humans know from years of experience what other "real" humans look like. Even the slightest flaw is blown up. Watch Spider-man (love the film don't get me wrong). You can tell when it's really Toby or a stunt actor and when it's CG. The reason the humans in TMNT look cartoony is because they were supposed to. It takes you out of the real world and into the world as it relates to the characters. if the human characters had been photo realistic, I'm not sure how I'd like TMNT. Maybe a good mix of CG and live action, but even then, it's probably look fake.
Yeah I said the same thing in another thread about flaws in human CGI. Bottom line, I hate CGI all together. Any time they use it it feels like what they used it on doesn't count because they just pressed that magic mouse button and there it was.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:32 PM   #36
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Quote:
You make a strong case. The Turtles in TMNT looked incredibly detailed because they were part of a larger, animated world. CGI turtles would look out of place in a live-action film.

Last edited by Ecto Jedi; 03-24-2007 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:36 PM   #37
Raven
follower of Jesus

I'm very glad that we were able to get a director and and team of very talnted people for this movie that understand the turtles and the wonky history they have, not only in story wise but also fan wise.

I havent seen a lot of movies hit both age groups so well, cheers to Kevin and his team!
Old 03-24-2007, 11:37 PM   #38
blueoakleyz
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecto Jedi View Post
You make a strong case. The Turtles in TMNT looked incredibly detailed because they were part of a larger, animated world. CGI turtles would look out of places in a live-action film.
well of course!

live action TURTLES in a live-action film.. I don't think anyone would suggest CGI turtles in a liveaction film after seeing such a good job in TMNT1
Old 03-24-2007, 11:38 PM   #39
iris
moddy mod mod

Thanks for the post, Time Mistress.

YES we are SO totally lucky!

(And yeah I can tell when it's not Toby, and that would suck if I weren't such a Sam Raimi fangirl-- Spiderman needs more fake blood!.)
Old 03-24-2007, 11:43 PM   #40
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoakleyz View Post
Yeah I said the same thing in another thread about flaws in human CGI. Bottom line, I hate CGI all together. Any time they use it it feels like what they used it on doesn't count because they just pressed that magic mouse button and there it was.
That is one of the most ignorant, STUPID comments I've ever heard about CG animation. I'm taking a course right now in Maya 8. Just try and do it yourself, bud. There are no magic buttons to press to make characters or a story come to life. Please stop being so -- geeze.... Fill in the blank.

And for the last time, GET OUT. As I said earlier, this is a thread for people who are celebrating the movie! You have your thread, now go crawl into it and die!!!!
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Closed Thread