The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 11:52 PM   #141
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickOrTreater View Post
I love that you're comparing ASM2 Rhino to this movie's Shredder as far as adaptation goes.

Let's REALLY compare shall we?

Up set i was right OK it fine TL DR
Nore do i care what you have to say lol Have fun

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
Old 06-04-2014, 11:54 PM   #142
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Up set i was right OK it fine TL DR
Nore do i care what you have to say lol Have fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:09 AM   #143
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
thats how tall his actor is really its not that big i work with a 6'8" tall guy but hes also built. Donnies tall and lanky its not huge or that tall either but I'm 6'1" so maybe its just me.
Height is relative. To me, all you assholes are unnaturally tall. I'm 4' 11".
Old 06-05-2014, 12:15 AM   #144
Warboss74
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Still the Inspiration He wanted a more grounded look even talked with military contractors and based this mech off of real world designs check the other concept art its all over the internet, they rang from bigger more tank looking designs to the more "traditional" skin armor.
Except the Mecha-Rhino we got in ASM2 wasn't grounded at all in real world design. If it was grounded in anything, it was stupidity. The idea that outfitting a mecha suit with all the firepower that Mecha-Rhino had in the film just so he can charge at his opponent like a battering ram is insulting to the viewer's intelligence, IMO. I think this is especially true when you consider everything else Oscorp was building that will lead to the Sinister Six film. That's another thing that bothers me about the ASM films.

Anyways, I'll tie this discussion back into my feelings about the stupidity of Mecha-Shredder in this film. The Shredder design completely undermines your belief that the Turtle designs are the way they are for the film because it's "realistic" and "grounded". It's not in the least. Why spend all that time and money on a Mecha-Shredder with retractable blades that look like the slim pit from SOTO and not something that would be far more streamlined and efficient. Even if Sachs is an Utrom, that's a sad excuse for an exo-suit given how far and away more advanced Utrom technology is.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:17 AM   #145
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Height is relative. To me, all you assholes are unnaturally tall. I'm 4' 11".
true true lol, IDk i guess when i was little I always picture the turtles as being statuesque tall imposing beings, Personally mind you, SO when i see turtle my height i think its fits IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboss74 View Post
Except the Mecha-Rhino we got in ASM2 wasn't grounded at all in real world design. If it was grounded in anything, it was stupidity. The idea that outfitting a mecha suit with all the firepower that Mecha-Rhino had in the film just so he can charge at his opponent like a battering ram is insulting to the viewer's intelligence, IMO. I think this is especially true when you consider everything else Oscorp was building that will lead to the Sinister Six film. That's another thing that bothers me about the ASM films.

Anyways, I'll tie this discussion back into my feelings about the stupidity of Mecha-Shredder in this film. The Shredder design completely undermines your belief that the Turtle designs are the way they are for the film because it's "realistic" and "grounded". It's not in the least. Why spend all that time and money on a Mecha-Shredder with retractable blades that look like the slim pit from SOTO and not something that would be far more streamlined and efficient. Even if Sachs is an Utrom, that's a sad excuse for an exo-suit given how far and away more advanced Utrom technology is.
Do you Ignore me or actually Read My posts?? They work with Tech and Engineers And military to Ground the Suit IN reality Using the Comic version for reference.

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay

Last edited by Jester; 06-05-2014 at 01:38 AM. Reason: 2x posts
Old 06-05-2014, 12:23 AM   #146
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
true true lol, IDk i guess when i was little I always picture the turtles as being statuesque tall imposing beings, Personally mind you, SO when i see turtle my height i think its fits IMO
And from my perspective, I feel the turtles should be closer to my height because short stature feels more natural to me and I feel it works better for a ninja. Also, they're large sliders, and sliders are not very big animals to begin with, so having really large ones doesn't feel right to me.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:26 AM   #147
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
And from my perspective, I feel the turtles should be closer to my height because short stature feels more natural to me and I feel it works better for a ninja. Also, they're large sliders, and sliders are not very big animals to begin with, so having really large ones doesn't feel right to me.
true is all perspective It why i always say you can make everyone happy, some expect one thing but get another Happens all the time with novel Adaptations IVe learned to just go with it. Some time i like the movie versions(character not story) better then what i have pictured in my head, some times its vise versa

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 06-05-2014, 12:28 AM   #148
Warboss74
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Do you Ignore me or actually Read My posts?? They work with Tech and Engineers And military to Ground the Suit IN reality Using the Comic version for reference.
I read your post, but nothing about the design in the movie screams grounded in reality, and I think I stated pretty clearly why. The fact that they worked with engineers and military personnel to try and create a design grounded in reality doesn't mean they were successful because of it.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:28 AM   #149
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Agree completely.

Quote:
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:42 AM   #150
voltron80
Banned

Quote:
You went from bashing people for not "backing their hate up" to saying "just let positive people be positive" to "if the movie makes money don't you think Paramount will green light a sequel?"

You're kind of all over the board on this one.

Speaking of the first Fantastic Four movie:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...tasticfour.htm

$100 million dollar budget with a $330,579,719 WW box office. The overseas market BARELY saved this piece of **** movie. Then they gave it a sequel and...

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=fantasticfour2.htm

$130 million budget with a $289,047,763 WW box office. A very significant drop.

Now they're rebooting it 7-8 years later in a desperate attempt to keep the rights with them. Throwing **** up on the wall and hoping something decent sticks.

So you giving an example of even an AWFUL movie getting an even more AWFUL sequel in comparison to this movie hopefully AT LEAST being only mediocre and then it getting a sequel is...questionable.
LOL I see you're still on the convince others mission.. Again you offer no proof to back up your opinion of THIS movie. I ask you how many times now? And how many times you and your friends just offer zip, nada bupkis. You asked about how do I or whomever know this movie is going to get a sequel.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:46 AM   #151
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron80 View Post
LOL I see you're still on the convince others mission.. Again you offer no proof to back up your opinion of THIS movie. I ask you how many times now? And how many times you and your friends just offer zip, nada bupkis. You asked about how do I or whomever know this movie is going to get a sequel.

Quote:
Old 06-05-2014, 01:11 AM   #152
voltron80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Hey Volt - look, to be fair, I get that a lot of people find Fox, well, foxy. I don't expect every actress in a movie to be on my would-bang list; my issue is just that I don't think she's a very strong actress. I actually thought she was great in Jennifer's Body, as it was a role that seemed to play to her strengths.

Not necessarily - I don't like 99% of Bay's catalogue of work, and I actively go out of my way to avoid his films. I don't wish the man ill, I'm just not his target audience.

Well... I would, because the faces were a big shock to me. Time will tell whether it's a shock I can get over.

I always thought he was?

Seriously, not trying to start something - just for my part, I wanted to explain the reasons behind some of my beefs. No disrespect intended.

Derp... I just realised you were talking about Ch'rell, not the robot body's ethnic appearance - sorry, I misunderstood what you said!

And to be fair, one of the writers has said that Bay has influenced the project... just playing Devil's Advocate, not trying to make you angry.
1. It seems you blew past the point.. Again those who want to use Megan Fox as strike against the flick lose here considering the fact that fan art has over sexualize April. As for Megan Fox excuse me what top-tier actress did the past four movies had in the role of April O'Neil?
2. Michael Bay..To me is just another crutch that the anti movie folks have. Like I told Trick there Steven Spielberg produce the Transformers movies so are you turn off by Spielberg movies by applying your logic?

3. Again those screaming about white shredder.. Again the Shredder most fans get hyped over wasn't Asian he was an alien warlord don't give me well his reboot body was Japanese and he sounded Japanese the creature who took on the role as the shredder wasn't Japanese. Again if you haven't notice in comic books and comic book movies races of characters have changed Perry White, Nick Fury and even Harvey Dent in Batman and Batman Returns.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:14 AM   #153
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
1. It seems you blew past the point.. Again those who want to use Megan Fox as strike against the flick lose here considering the fact that fan art has over sexualize April.
God this makes no sense at all.

Quote:
are you turn off by Spielberg movies by applying your logic?
No. Because Steven Spielberg is a good filmmaker.

Quote:
Again if you haven't notice in comic books and comic book movies races of characters have changed Perry White, Nick Fury and even Harvey Dent in Batman and Batman Returns.
Changing white characters to characters of a different race is considerably less bad than changing a traditionally non-white character to a white character.

Even a cactus could understand this.

Quote:
Old 06-05-2014, 01:18 AM   #154
voltron80
Banned

Is that your best? Figures..
Old 06-05-2014, 01:19 AM   #155
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
This is like arguing WITH a cactus.

Quote:
Old 06-05-2014, 01:32 AM   #156
voltron80
Banned

Quote:
God this makes no sense at all.

No. Because Steven Spielberg is a good filmmaker.

Changing white characters to characters of a different race is considerably less bad than changing a traditionally non-white character to a white character.

Even a cactus could understand this.
LOL I gotta give you credit..You're working so hard to convince others. Again let's play pick Treat apart

1. Whine about Michael Bay producing.. You hate Transformers but guess who produce those movies you hate. Steven Spielberg.

2. Perry White has been white since 1940 Two face has been white since 1942 and Billy Dee Williams would had played the role in Batman Forever, Nick Fury has been white since 1963 and Johnny Storm been white since 1961. The turtles universe have already set precedent when Shredder went from Japanese to alien and to a hybrid alien computer virus. Now you're grasping at straws here.

I'll give you credit the other anti-movie folks usually give up this nonsense after a few go arounds but you keep pushing ahead with your opinions as facts meme. Good night.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:35 AM   #157
voltron80
Banned

Quote:
This is like arguing WITH a cactus.
Remember that. Good night.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:37 AM   #158
Puddinpop
Banned

Quote:
Apparently it upsets people when you mention that this film will most likely get a sequel bc some cant imagine going through this aaaaall over again
I think there is a really good chance that there will be. They are definitely planning on it and this movie will probably make enough money to warrant one. It's an exciting time to be a TMNT fan esp with this new Live action film coming out, Lets enjoy it to the fullest and not let anybody put a damper on the excitement

Old 06-05-2014, 01:47 AM   #159
TrickOrTreater
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddinpop View Post
Apparently it upsets people when you mention that this film will most likely get a sequel bc some cant imagine going through this aaaaall over again
I think there is a really good chance that there will be. They are definitely planning on it and this movie will probably make enough money to warrant one. It's an exciting time to be a TMNT fan esp with this new Live action film coming out, Lets enjoy it to the fullest and not let anybody put a damper on the excitement
You guys are so insecure about some other people not liking what you like.

Having to convince yourselves over and over again that our opinions don't matter and that you WILL love the movie no matter what we say or no matter how it turns out.

It's really, really sad that you can't just ignore us. Some kind of pathological need to make sure everybody thinks exactly as you do when I and many others have said countless times we really don't give a crap if you want to love it no matter what.

Remember that, if you can. We don't care.

Quote:
Old 06-05-2014, 02:12 AM   #160
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
You guys are so insecure about some other people not liking what you like.

Having to convince yourselves over and over again that our opinions don't matter and that you WILL love the movie no matter what we say or no matter how it turns out.

It's really, really sad that you can't just ignore us. Some kind of pathological need to make sure everybody thinks exactly as you do when I and many others have said countless times we really don't give a crap if you want to love it no matter what.

Remember that, if you can. We don't care.
^this^

Not an exciting time to be a fan, as this isn't a TMNT film.
It will be retconned, mark my words.
Closed Thread

Tags
box office, live action films