The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-13-2018, 02:05 AM   #361
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Slash has been so boring and one dimensional since he's been mind controlled (obviously, he has no personality anymore), that I wouldn't care if he goes.
I mean, as you said, he has no personality because he's mind controlled. What matters now is what he's going to do once he snaps out of it and I don't think they should waste that potential by killing him off.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:25 AM   #362
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
I mean, as you said, he has no personality because he's mind controlled. What matters now is what he's going to do once he snaps out of it and I don't think they should waste that potential by killing him off.
Yeah I wouldn't even expect any kind of character from him in the last 20 issues or so. At this point Slash is basically just a shell (pun intended) that Bishop is using as a tool. As far as I recall there has been no inkling that he is aware of his actions or anything.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:45 AM   #363
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Slash has been so boring and one dimensional since he's been mind controlled (obviously, he has no personality anymore), that I wouldn't care if he goes.
He is one dimensuonal and no personality because as hou say he is being controlled by Agent Bishop. Slash on his own is a highlight of IDW and why by #88's end he not obly needs to be alive, but free of Agent Bishop. We already had Slash hold off Malinga sacrificing himself. We dont need another cool iteration of the character holding off a villain with his dying breath.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:42 AM   #364
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I have these thoughts to consider:

Would it be better for the story, the Mutanimals, and even Slash himself to either have to deal with these situations in breaking free:

Dealing with grief after Slash sacrifices himself to stop Bishop (for whatever period of time before he comes crawling back)

Or...

Having to help him through the trauma of his experience - after his pre-existing traumas as a lab animal have already weighed him down enough? And after he had already left the Mutanimals because he disagreed with Hob? (I'm standing by him being something of an anti-Leatherhead, given their similar histories but different reactions to them based on if they had a community to rely on, so I don't think they're going to pass up the chance of having the two meet)
Old 10-13-2018, 09:46 AM   #365
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Having to help him through the trauma of his experience - after his pre-existing traumas as a lab animal have already weighed him down enough?
This may sound cold, but after the crapfest that was Mondo's motivation for keeping Seymour alive against his wishes, I'd rather the story stay far away from any such business with the Mutanimals.

If Slash breaks free and lives, I'd like to see him overcome his personal issues with the help of someone other than the Mutanimals. Haven't given this any further thought than that, but just having angst for angst's sake... Meh.

Last edited by ChosenOne; 10-13-2018 at 10:16 AM.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:53 AM   #366
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, that's a pretty good point.

I'd guess that even then, Slash might have some trouble finding a group to help him. All things considered...Leatherhead might be the only one who "gets" him, even moreso than Seymour or Hob. It probably won't last as long, since he and Leatherhead have steep disagreements in moral grounds that might make Slash decide to go back to the Mutanimals.

Or be able to shift Leatherhead's attitudes a little bit, as Mike had done for him oh so long ago.

It's just a matter of alleviating the Krang Haunting.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:58 AM   #367
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Or be able to shift Leatherhead's attitudes a little bit, as Mike had done for him oh so long ago.

It's just a matter of alleviating the Krang Haunting.
Trying to hold onto hope that this theory, or something like it, is the case...
80gmrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 11:28 AM   #368
CyberCubed
Overlord

I feel like since issue #51, IDW has mostly been circling around the same plots:

- The Pantheon, particularly Rat King and Kitsune coming up with schemes leading up to Shredder's revival

- Bishop becoming the new main antagonist against all mutants, aliens, etc.

- The Utroms waking up and trying to figure out what to do next, along with Leatherhead's introduction, then the Triceraton invasion and them trying to broker a truce.

- Splinter leading the Foot Clan, which at first seemed like he was going evil/crazy, but when you look at it now he's just assuming his duty even if becoming cold to his sons.

Besides that you had stuff lingering in the background from Universe, like Karai getting ready to come back to NYC, Null's subplot, and what Bebop/Rocksteady were doing.

But overall since #51....it's all mostly these arcs.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 09:36 AM   #369
ChosenOne
Banned

I just finished re-reading Karai's Path in anticipation of City at War. Did anyone else get the feeling that Karai and her posse, what with the sword and the mysterious hooded figure in the tale and those freaky eyes that appeared at crucial moments in the story and all, are quite clearly being set up as Kitsune's pawns to (unwittingly?) help bring about the Shredder's resurrection as the Dragon Warrior?
Old 10-18-2018, 07:04 AM   #370
CyberCubed
Overlord

So a lot of new info has come out since the last few days. It's obvious Ch'rell will more or less take control of Burnow Island now. He'll probably force control over the Utroms. I wonder what he'll do with the Triceratons as they obviously won't be happy becoming slaves or working under Utrom control again, and Ch'rell doesn't like them all. Bar some mass genocide I think the Triceratons will be taking leave of Earth soon. Maybe Don can find them some new planet in Dimension X to call home.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:56 AM   #371
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

Hi all!

IDW Collection volume 9 is up on Amazon for July 2019!

https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutan...+ninja+turtles

Presenting the complete TMNT stories in recommended reading order, including one-shots, crossovers, and event series. Everything a beginner could need, everything a diehard could want.

Agent Bishop's long-gestating hunt for mutants begins in earnest and no one is safe! The Mutanimals are the first targets, but the Turtles' turn will come soon enough, and they'll be hounded like never before. Alopex and Nobody are looking for a little rest and relaxation but get more than they ask for when they become the unwilling guests of a never-ending party thrown by the hedonistic Toad Baron! Plus, Karai has always embodied the Foot Clan. With the Clan under the control of Splinter, what path will she take during her travels in Japan? Danger and intrigue await her, Koya, and Bludgeon!

Collects issues #67-72 of the ongoing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universe issues #9-15, and the TMNT/Usagi Yojimbo crossover.

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:53 AM   #372
Igglet

I just found a picture that was posted on Twitter by Ben Bishop who's working on the Raphael Macro #4 waaaay back in August and I thought it was pretty interesting. I'm gonna assume most people haven't seen it yet, and, if that's the case, here it is:

(there was a pic here but it was so damn large for some reason that I figured I'd just edit it out but you can look for it on his Twitter)

And here's something that was posted 5 days ago:

Looks like this won't end well for Raph.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:40 AM   #373
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
I just found a picture that was posted on Twitter by Ben Bishop who's working on the Raphael Macro #4 waaaay back in August and I thought it was pretty interesting. I'm gonna assume most people haven't seen it yet, and, if that's the case, here it is:

(there was a pic here but it was so damn large for some reason that I figured I'd just edit it out but you can look for it on his Twitter)

And here's something that was posted 5 days ago:

https://i.imgur.com/ZyKuc5L.jpg

Looks like this won't end well for Raph.
Looks great!
Old 12-08-2018, 07:14 AM   #374
hypered1
Mad Scientist

IDW collection volume 8

Got my copy today and I can confirm the back-up stories from Universe are included and have their own cover pages (RI covers from the same issues as the main stories) and the reading order is exactly the same as listed on 'Nines thread.
Also the Arc titles have been included on the contents page and the cover page for each issue, due to the back-ups also stating which Universe issues they are from.
Tiny details but they show just how much care goes into making these the best that they can be.

Last edited by hypered1; 12-08-2018 at 07:39 AM.
hypered1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:38 PM   #375
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Got my copy today and I can confirm the back-up stories from Universe are included and have their own cover pages (RI covers from the same issues as the main stories) and the reading order is exactly the same as listed on 'Nines thread.
Also the Arc titles have been included on the contents page and the cover page for each issue, due to the back-ups also stating which Universe issues they are from.
Tiny details but they show just how much care goes into making these the best that they can be.

They went back and removed a whole issue from #7 (and put it on it's proper place on this issue) so it doesn't screw up continuity, there's no doubt on my mind anymore about their care on these HC.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:43 AM   #376
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
They went back and removed a whole issue from #7 (and put it on it's proper place on this issue) so it doesn't screw up continuity, there's no doubt on my mind anymore about their care on these HC.
Issue 65, yeah I remember Bobby mentioning it after it was pointed out on one of the threads here. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they did use ToTheNines timeline for reference - if only to double-check their own notes - when putting the collections together.
hypered1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:29 PM   #377
CyberCubed
Overlord

So as a more general discussion, how do you feel that almost all the villains are becoming allies?

- Baxter (or at least it appears so)
- Hun
- Karai
- Koya/Bludgeon (based on the Leo Macro)
- Old Hob and Slash (from the beginning of the series)
- Alopex, again from the beginning of the series
- Toad Baron (based on #89 or so, or at least he's neutral)
- Leatherhead could possibly become a neutral ally

Then you have the Utroms/Triceratons not counting Ch'rell and Kleve, and I guess Bebop/Rocksteady could go either way.

Seems the only permanent villains were Shredder, Krang, Rat King and Kitsune, and probably Bishop. I don't ever see this version of Bishop becoming an ally with the Turtles like the 4kids or Nick version, so he'll probably stay evil the whole series.

Last edited by CyberCubed; 12-11-2018 at 11:59 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:36 PM   #378
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Seems the only permanent villains were Shredder, Krang, Rat King and Kitsune, and probably Bishop. I don't ever see this version of Bishop becoming an ally with the Turtles like the 4kids or Nick version, so he'll probably stay evil the whole series.
There's a big chance Saki will become an uneasy ally at the very least. Only after the upcoming Shredder in Hell mini will we know for sure, but I have my suspicions on that front... As for Bishop, right now, given what we've just seen him do, it doesn't seem likely, does it? And yet there are bigger fish to fry out there. At some point he will probably have to decide just how dedicated he really is to protecting Earth from alien threats...
Old 12-12-2018, 07:49 AM   #379
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Quote:
So as a more general discussion, how do you feel that almost all the villains are becoming allies?

- Baxter (or at least it appears so)
- Hun
- Karai
- Koya/Bludgeon (based on the Leo Macro)
- Old Hob and Slash (from the beginning of the series)
- Alopex, again from the beginning of the series
- Toad Baron (based on #89 or so, or at least he's neutral)
- Leatherhead could possibly become a neutral ally

Then you have the Utroms/Triceratons not counting Ch'rell and Kleve, and I guess Bebop/Rocksteady could go either way.

While you do raise a good point about many villains seeming to be portrayed differently later on in the series, personally, I'm hoping for it with LH. His mini-story in Universe #22 aside, the fact of the matter is that #85 involves him being written as more of a PTSD victim than someone who enjoys doing bad things, especially once he starts hallucinating Krang. Whether the turtles figure out what's going on in his mind soon or not, what is clear is that Leatherhead does need help, and I hope he gets it.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:52 AM   #380
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Toad Baron never really struck me as a true enemy, especially since he hasn't had that many encounters with the Turtles, and seems less interested in messing with their affairs. He's probably helped them more than he's hurt them.

The Utroms and Triceratons haven't really been enemies as a population. The Triceratons got comfortable with the turtles right now. The only enemies of them have been Krang to the biggest extent. Ch'rell's not quite kicked in as an actual enemy. He had at least some respect enough to stand quietly when Slash died (we're probably going to get his perspective on that eventually).

Tags
idw's tmnt