The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 11-20-2018, 03:45 PM   #261
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Glad they are doing a removable mask. Now we really need a Splinter for this set.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:07 AM   #262
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Too skinny arms and hips , NECA should at least visit some forums and read opinions or compare with movie screengrabs.
This sculptjob resemblance is way below turtles sculpts but at least its being done, i didnt suspect it to look wrong with so many years of experience by NECA sculptors, i dont get it, just stick some supersculpey to bulkup these parts a bit before sending to china if you cant make another resin copy, i doubt they're gonna sculpt him once more so why not put maximum effort into this.I guess its one mould for shredder and foot soldiers to make it cheaper and reuse parts so he will probably be black plastic painted red.
They should sculpt over exising human figures with good proportions, not starting from scratch and its too late to change basic mistakes.
If i would buy him i would probably make him custom ouftit to cover this skinny body.
Anyway i think its too late for changes now, oh well...

Last edited by bwwd; 11-21-2018 at 08:16 AM.
bwwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:23 AM   #263
AquaParade
Banned

The legs/waist area still looks terrible. Wish they had given Shredder his own sculpt. I may still purchase but I'm definitely on the fence now. Too bad.

Edit: I want to be reasonable when it comes to the realities of manufacturing and selling high-end niche figures, but I find myself pretty annoyed with the cut corners here. Re-using sculpts doesn’t bother me when the quality is up to the par of the TMNT, but the foot soldier and Shredder simply aren’t.
Maybe I have a lot to learn about the toy-selling business, but for the prices they are charging, I expect a decent pair of legs on Shredder. A bit miffed here.

I am impressed with the removable mask, as well as the colors and textures, so maybe I shouldn’t complain, but that’s where I’m at right now.

Last edited by AquaParade; 11-23-2018 at 10:37 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:04 PM   #264
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Personally, I can't wait. The proportions aren't quite 100%, but NECA's work with the 1990 license has blown away anything that has come previously. I have an empty space in my office waiting for Chrome Dome.

My tune may change once we start seeing some customs pop up.

Speaking of customs, have any of NECA's 1990 figures hit the Chinese bootleg market?
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:41 PM   #265
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Personally, I can't wait. The proportions aren't quite 100%, but NECA's work with the 1990 license has blown away anything that has come previously. I have an empty space in my office waiting for Chrome Dome.

My tune may change once we start seeing some customs pop up.

Speaking of customs, have any of NECA's 1990 figures hit the Chinese bootleg market?
I’m glad you’re excited. There is plenty of reason to be. I think my expectations got the best of me.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:01 PM   #266
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I’m glad you’re excited. There is plenty of reason to be. I think my expectations got the best of me.
It's definitely a disappointment that the Foot/Shredder sculpts aren't as spot-on as the Turtles have been.

I'm REALLY hoping we get the cape. It would do a great job of hiding the (as we currently know them) trouble areas.

The more I think on it, I might dive down the custom path. I need red suit sparkles and a little more discoloration/weathering on the armor.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:11 PM   #267
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
It's definitely a disappointment that the Foot/Shredder sculpts aren't as spot-on as the Turtles have been.

I'm REALLY hoping we get the cape. It would do a great job of hiding the (as we currently know them) trouble areas.

The more I think on it, I might dive down the custom path. I need red suit sparkles and a little more discoloration/weathering on the armor.
They said they are including the cape on Twitter.
Kenwatanabesclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:27 AM   #268
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

I dont know if I'm doing this correctly since my phone has the forums permanently in mobile mode, but NECA shared a preview of Shredder getting fitted for a Cape last night on Twitter and Instagram

https://mobile.twitter.com/NECA_TOYS...89557272604673
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:52 AM   #269
Undefin3d87
Mouser

That doesn't really look like the cape in the movie...doesn't it?
Undefin3d87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:56 AM   #270
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefin3d87 View Post
WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

The Tweet mentions it's a work in progress, so it's not necessarily what the final piece will look like. They're pointed in the right direction, though. At first glance without comparing, the wire armature looks pretty awesome, too.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:05 PM   #271
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
no i dont remember it looking like that. we will have to see what the final product looks like
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:18 PM   #272
inaheap
Mad Scientist

The only thing that seems off to me is the color. It seems too light. But the movie was literally dark. That may be altering my perception.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:14 PM   #273
Undefin3d87
Mouser

I agree, i can't wait to see the final product. To see him with his helmet on is amazing.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:37 PM   #274
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
The cape in the movie has a design on it which I'm assuming the file product will have on it.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:47 AM   #275
mikezilla2
Foot Soldier

this Looks pretty Damn Cool !

i skipped out on the Foot

hopfully we get Casy as well !
mikezilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:35 AM   #276
rh608
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
The legs/waist area still looks terrible. Wish they had given Shredder his own sculpt. I may still purchase but I'm definitely on the fence now. Too bad.

Edit: I want to be reasonable when it comes to the realities of manufacturing and selling high-end niche figures, but I find myself pretty annoyed with the cut corners here. Re-using sculpts doesn’t bother me when the quality is up to the par of the TMNT, but the foot soldier and Shredder simply aren’t.
Maybe I have a lot to learn about the toy-selling business, but for the prices they are charging, I expect a decent pair of legs on Shredder. A bit miffed here.

I am impressed with the removable mask, as well as the colors and textures, so maybe I shouldn’t complain, but that’s where I’m at right now.
I feel your disappointment but mine is with the recent cape picture. Not because of the cape itself though. NECA clearly stated "a work in progress". My issue is the helmet. That rear view of the helmet in the photo isn't too movie accurate. And I saw error with the helmet in the photo from before with all the separate pieces laid out. I feel that with the amount of time NECA has had to work on this they should have every detail correct and spot on just like they do with the various Jason, Gremlin, Alien, etc. figures. Ehh,. oh well. Guess we'll just have to see when this thing releases in late spring/early summer.
rh608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:21 PM   #277
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh608 View Post
I feel your disappointment but mine is with the recent cape picture. Not because of the cape itself though. NECA clearly stated "a work in progress". My issue is the helmet. That rear view of the helmet in the photo isn't too movie accurate. And I saw error with the helmet in the photo from before with all the separate pieces laid out. I feel that with the amount of time NECA has had to work on this they should have every detail correct and spot on just like they do with the various Jason, Gremlin, Alien, etc. figures. Ehh,. oh well. Guess we'll just have to see when this thing releases in late spring/early summer.
Can you define the error and issues you mention?

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:19 PM   #278
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh608 View Post
Beggars can't be choosers. It might not be 110% spot on, but it's close enough in my book. The spirit is there and it far surpasses anything (fan-made or licensed) that's come before.

I, for one, welcome my tiny new ninja office overlord.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:41 PM   #279
Undefin3d87
Mouser

I nerded out and watched the movie again yesterday. I think for me, if the cape were a dark steel or black colour I wouldn't mind not having so much texture in the cap itself.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:36 AM   #280
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Well I'm hyped as hell for the Shredder figure and the teases have been excellent, in my opinion. I can't wait to finally get this guy and add him to my 1/4th TMNT collection.

I really hope we see a final shot of the figure before 2018's end. They've been teasing it for awhile, but we all know how those things can get moved around.

I've been saving up Amazon money for when Shredder gets released via their Amazon store and originally I was hoping just to knock a few bucks off, but man ... judging by the possible release schedule for this one - I may be able to save up enough to get it completely free at this point!

Oh and apparently NECA says "no plans for Splinter" ... but they also said something similar in early 2017 about Shredder and yet, here we are.