The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-05-2017, 11:40 AM   #41
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I think one of two ways. There's supposedly a lot of reality altering stuff, multiversal kind of things going on in one or both of the next Avengers movies with Thanos... it is possible at some point things could get fractured and POOF, guess who's been around since forever? Mutants.

Or maybe they include a scene of the X-Men coming in for a big save at the end of Avengers 4, and that being their big "we are mutants, we are among you!" unveiling. And suddenly the world realizes what's been going on at Xavier's mansion/school for all of these decades. Hell, maybe SHIELD or Hydra-SHIELD even knew about them, kept them on watch lists.
Far too late for them to get shoehorned into Avengers 4 though. But they could still do either a reality-reboot caused by some character messing around with powerful artifacts or magic or something, or just begin the mutant storyline in present day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
The Marvel Studios tone/style would actually work really well for the FF.
Yeah I think so too. The chances of a good FF story are way higher with Marvel than they were with Fox
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 11:55 AM   #42
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Far too late for them to get shoehorned into Avengers 4 though.
I don't think so at all. Spider-Man wasn't even a sure thing to be included in Civil War until they were practically shooting... and that was for a larger involvement than what would be needed from the X-Men in A4.

If nothing else, surely some epic mid or after credits sequences.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:20 PM   #43
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Doesn't Constantin Films still own the film rights to the Fantastic Four? I think they just have a deal with Fox to produce any F4 films but Fox has zero rights outside of distribution. I assume Disney would work something out with Constantin if the sale goes through.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:26 PM   #44
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Doesn't Constantin Films still own the film rights to the Fantastic Four?
Eh, looks like you're right. I see an article from last November talking about they were looking to liquidate them, though, but nothing new on that end.

Also, remember when Stan Lee called this back in September?

https://www.cbr.com/stan-lee-believe...-movie-rights/
Old 12-05-2017, 02:36 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord

If Disney buys all of Fox's properities does that mean they get The Simpsons, Futurama, etc. too or is this not included?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:37 PM   #46
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If Disney buys all of Fox's properities does that mean they get The Simpsons, Futurama, etc. too or is this not included?
That's not news or sports so yeah.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:40 PM   #47
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Old 12-05-2017, 02:40 PM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord

Simpsons owned by Disney? Weird, if Simpsons hadn't already been airing for nearly 30 years I would have said they would reboot it.

Odd because Simpsons is probably on it's last legs. if Season 30 is the final season.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:11 PM   #49
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Eh, looks like you're right. I see an article from last November talking about they were looking to liquidate them, though, but nothing new on that end.

Also, remember when Stan Lee called this back in September?

https://www.cbr.com/stan-lee-believe...-movie-rights/
It's very confusing. For instance why did Fox have to give the ok for Marvel to use Ego in GOTG 2 if Constantin holds the film rights to the F4 characters?
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:24 PM   #50
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Oh man, if Disney acquires Fox's Marvel properties they'll be able to do an adaptation of the classic Secret Wars, one of Marvel's premier stories and one of my favorites
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:43 AM   #51
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

They're likely going to reboot both X-Men and FF if this happens. I can't see them integrating the current continuity of both series into the MCU (FF, obviously). Imho, it would be best for both properties. Based on what I'm seeing for future X-Men films, they don't seem like they know what they're doing. I am curious to know if they'll continue Deadpool after the upcoming sequel.

If this acquisition happens, will New Mutants, Dark Phoenix, etc. still continue? I can't see Gambit happening if this does.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:01 AM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
They're likely going to reboot both X-Men and FF if this happens.
There is no way in hell that them not doing so could even be a remote possibility.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:16 AM   #53
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/sorry-deadp...on-deal-752102

The deal is closed.

Does this mean that Marvel has EVERYONE back now? (Except for Sony screwing things up by keeping one hand on Spiderman's rogues and supporting cast?)
Old 12-08-2017, 11:20 AM   #54
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/sorry-deadp...on-deal-752102

The deal is closed.

Does this mean that Marvel has EVERYONE back now? (Except for Sony screwing things up by keeping one hand on Spiderman's rogues and supporting cast?)
Yeah, everybody is back. Only quirks are... they can't ever make a solo Hulk movie on their own without a deal with Universal (who has shown no signs of budging on that, and Marvel doesn't seem to care enough about it to make a big push to change that), and they need to lean on Sony each and every time they want to use Spider-Man or Spider-Man characters.

Not a bad place to be at, really.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:30 AM   #55
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Yeah, everybody is back. Only quirks are... they can't ever make a solo Hulk movie on their own without a deal with Universal (who has shown no signs of budging on that, and Marvel doesn't seem to care enough about it to make a big push to change that), and they need to lean on Sony each and every time they want to use Spider-Man or Spider-Man characters.

Not a bad place to be at, really.

http://www.sharegif.com/wp-content/u...1ra0zzyo1_.gif
It's a GREAT place to be. Not 100%, but close enough that it doesn't even matter.

If Marvel wants to use any particular character for their Spiderman movies, then they can use them and pretend Sony's shite version doesn't exist. And for Hulk, if they do She-Hulk they can carry forward and have Hulk without a solo Hulk movie...
Old 12-08-2017, 11:46 AM   #56
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I feel like I'm in shock about all of this, honestly. I know the Fox-Disney talks have been happening for many weeks now... but did anyone in their wildest dreams imagine this would actually happen, and so quickly?

I fully imagined Fox would cling to at least the X-Men until their dying day and even then, hold onto them to prevent other studios from using them.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:54 AM   #57
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I feel like I'm in shock about all of this, honestly. I know the Fox-Disney talks have been happening for many weeks now... but did anyone in their wildest dreams imagine this would actually happen, and so quickly?

I fully imagined Fox would cling to at least the X-Men until their dying day and even then, hold onto them to prevent other studios from using them.
Same. The way they made a terrible F4ntastic film, that seemed a dead giveaway that Fox would never, ever, play ball. And then the new X shows... THAT seemed to further reinforce that Fox was clinging resolutely to the X rights, but would maybe give away some Fantastic (cough Galactus cough) stuff for that.

Wow.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:00 PM   #58
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I wonder what will happen to the non-MCU X-Men shows like "Legion" or "The Gifted"? Will they pull the plug on them between seasons, or will they leave TV aside? I'd imagine Marvel would have interest in doing some "real" mutant stuff on TV and they probably wouldn't want those other non-"real" mutant shows muddying up things.

Also, Marvel comics fans should be happy. This means the moratorium by Marvel to basically bury the X-Men and Fantastic Four in the comics because of the Fox situation will be lifted. No more pushing Inhumans over mutants or anything. Quicksilver will probably even go back to being Magneto's son.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:03 PM   #59
CyberCubed
Overlord

Disney isn't going to ignore Spiderman's characters/villains since the new Spidey is part of the Marvel movie universe. If Sony screws up with future movies they can't go around saying their Venom or future characters aren't canon.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:08 PM   #60
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Disney isn't going to ignore Spiderman's characters/villains since the new Spidey is part of the Marvel movie universe. If Sony screws up with future movies they can't go around saying their Venom or future characters aren't canon.
It's a unique situation there. If Venom fails, Marvel can just ignore and that's that. If Venom succeeds, Marvel can roll Venom into the MCU, no problem. Or even if Venom succeeds but isn't quite what they had in mind, Marvel can just make their own Venom.

Win, win, beyond the possibility of simultaneous "dueling Venoms" between companies making the character sort of murky to audiences.