The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 10-20-2014, 10:02 AM   #1041
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Makes sense there among humans of course, though if there's anything mutual... just get it out already and stop needing to hide it from those it doesn't need to be kept secret from.

So she's got her secret mutant boyfriend, Murakami's is a common date night spot, otherwise Donnie gives a nod to the old days and disguises himself a bit, and in some years, if it lasted, you permanently move to Northampton where you'll be left alone.

Casey would just have to get over it, April's father - assuming he can be found and saved again - already knows Donnie and maybe could come to accept it if it's what his daughter wants, Splinter likewise in reverse, Donnie's brothers will eventually give it a rest, if a real Irma shows back up she may eventually know the Turtles and, while I imagine there would be some disagreeing and debating it she's probably eventually give up and accept an April-Donnie thing... All the important people could deal with it. For the rest of humanity, none of their business if April just doesn't want to discuss her love life.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:31 AM   #1042
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

^Oh but you have forgotten about the non existent auntie. April would be so distraught without her approval.

Seriously though, I get the impression April doesn't seem to have a life outside the turtles.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 10-20-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:39 AM   #1043
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

lol She did cross my mind after posting it. WHERE is that woman anyhow? I'd so love for her to unexpectedly show up at the house just one random afternoon. That's gonna be awkward for a minute.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:41 AM   #1044
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
lol She did cross my mind after posting it. WHERE is that woman anyhow? I'd so love for her to unexpectedly show up at the house just one random afternoon. That's gonna be awkward for a minute.
She's a women...and women and this show don't mix.
unless they are mutants....which she probably is right now....
Old 10-20-2014, 10:53 AM   #1045
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
unless they are mutants....which she probably is right now....
I know some don't want more mutants, but I really want this to happen now.

Say it turns out she'd gotten hit by one of the scattered canisters and has been locked up in her home ever since, hence the extended absence. City in alien chaos, she finally makes her escape and shows up where April and everyone is...

One big happy abnormally mutated family...
Old 10-20-2014, 10:54 AM   #1046
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

I'm going with my head canon that she is really just the landlady of April's apartment and thus justified why we shouldn't care and why April is able to disappear into the sewers without any parental concern.

I mean think about it. When have we ever see the turtles using the front door?
We’re not unicorns!
Old 10-20-2014, 11:07 AM   #1047
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I know some don't want more mutants, but I really want this to happen now.

Say it turns out she'd gotten hit by one of the scattered canisters and has been locked up in her home ever since, hence the extended absence. City in alien chaos, she finally makes her escape and shows up where April and everyone is...

http://cutecaptions.com/img/i-need-dis716210.jpeg

One big happy abnormally mutated family...
well....if the writers haven't bothered to show her yet even though they had TONS of opportunities...then they aren't gonna show her now....sadly...

I wonder if that place is even her house?? Kirby was staying there too....
Old 10-20-2014, 11:08 AM   #1048
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
I'm going with my head canon that she is really just the landlady of April's apartment and thus justified why we shouldn't care and why April is able to disappear into the sewers without any parental concern.

I mean think about it. When have we ever see the turtles using the front door?

That works too.

Doors are boring though, ninja style is funner? lol

Quote:
well....if the writers haven't bothered to show her yet even though they had TONS of opportunities...then they aren't gonna show her now....sadly...
Yeah, prob right it's unlikely. Though if Nick - who is not ever lucking here at all, nope, nada, why would that happen - ever wants to throw in anymore unexpected surprises. *hint hint*
Old 10-20-2014, 11:25 AM   #1049
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:

I wonder if that place is even her house?? Kirby was staying there too....
I think both Kirby and April live there. The only reason why April was able to keep living there because her father had always been good to pay his rent on time or something.

There probably cast of misfits that live there and are too busy to be nosy about the welfare of a teenage girl.

We’re not unicorns!
Old 10-20-2014, 07:19 PM   #1050
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
But I don't think I can buy the "it won't work out because they are different species/the parts won't fit" Same sex couples face that same dilemma, from society as a whole not always willing to accept, to them having to get creative when in the bedroom because the parts aren't fitting, to adopting children or finding a surrogate when that biological clock starts ticking. It's just, right now, I feel that the whole reason why the de-aged April was for the crush Donatello was going to have, and that April is going to be returning it in some time, because age never stopped the Turtles from just crushing on April in the past (like the 1990 and 2014 movie) They probably de-aged Casey that way he didn't seem like a creep hanging out with all of these teenagers. But, what with all of the build up and what not from the very beginning, I am pretty sure many people are going to be royally pissed off if they don't see things through to the end. This is what I think could help Nick TMNT stand out, it dared to do something none of the other cartoons dared to do.
I agree with this, but the scenario I brought up was the only way I could see them going if they decided not to go there, if it gets that deep. You know, delving into that subject. Who knows, maybe Donnie tells her that it wouldn't work out. He'd always have to live underground or in hiding because of what he is, and maybe he wouldn't want to subject April to that.

Despite everything, April still grew up as a human. There'll probably be things that she would love to do if she had a bf, like going out to the movies or going out to a restaurant or the mall or whatever, places Donnie can't go or do.

I could see this pairing not happening if one of them ends up thinking in this way.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:28 AM   #1051
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Kas, you nailed it on the head here. Donnie's a mutant and because of that he would have to hide forever, which is something April would have to do if she chooses him. I can see him not wanting to subject her to that because she's still a human/mutant hybrid and would still want to live a normal life, so it's a very complicated thing to deal with.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:16 PM   #1052
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Kas, you nailed it on the head here. Donnie's a mutant and because of that he would have to hide forever, which is something April would have to do if she chooses him. I can see him not wanting to subject her to that because she's still a human/mutant hybrid and would still want to live a normal life, so it's a very complicated thing to deal with.
Ahhh, but that depends on what direction the creators want to go. If I'm not mistaken, one of the comics book series (either Mirage or Image, I can't remember) something happens when aliens come to the planet, and after some time, they are finally welcomed to Earth and are living among humans, interracting with them, having jobs and what not, and humans for the most part learned to accept them. The Turtles were finally able to walk outside, around everyone, enjoying hobbies along with humans and didn't have to worry about the scrutiny anymore. Now, with the invasion, the mention of other demensions and possible other planets, and all of the mutants running around, I can see this series maybe going in that direction, where the Turtles won't have to hide in the end.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:16 AM   #1053
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Well, if they go that way about it, then that's awesome, but until then, it's still a hard thing for Don to deal with knowing that he can't give her the life she needs right now.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:52 AM   #1054
Sumac
Banned

Marathoned first part of the Season1.
So far "Apriltello" looks exremely cute.

Maybe it has something to do with Don being a lot like OT Raphael with tech skills.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
april o'neil, donatello