The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #61
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Don wasn't stalking her. He was making sure she was okay, and he wanted to talk to her to see if she'd forgiven them for their mistake. I think he was truly sorry for what had happened and really wanted to talk to her about it. I realize that Raph and Splinter told him April would come around in her own time, but I think the main reason Don was shadowing her was to make sure she was safe.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:08 PM   #62
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Don wasn't stalking her. He was making sure she was okay, and he wanted to talk to her to see if she'd forgiven them for their mistake. I think he was truly sorry for what had happened and really wanted to talk to her about it. I realize that Raph and Splinter told him April would come around in her own time, but I think the main reason Don was shadowing her was to make sure she was safe.
Checking in on her is one thing.....but knowing where she's gonna go at a certain time is kinda stalkerish.

even Mikey thought it was creeptastic.

Don's heart is in the right place....he just needs to take a step back.

Last edited by BabyTurtles; 03-18-2014 at 03:21 PM.
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:34 PM   #63
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
Checking in on her is one thing.....but knowing where she's gonna go at a certain time is kinda stalkerish.

even Mikey thought it was creeptastic.

Don's heart is in the right place....he just needs to take a step back.
Well it is possible that Donnie only knew she was probably in the park at that time because he had probably hung out with her there some times before she started hating them.

He was also contemplating the possibility of at least appearing to her, even if it was just to say hi.

Remember he is suffering from heartache at that point so his judgment isn't what it should be. And his brothers weren't exactly helping him in that situation either. Instead they seem to be treating it as a "We don't know what to do, so we're going to ignore it and hope it goes away on it's own." kind of issue.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:51 PM   #64
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Well it is possible that Donnie only knew she was probably in the park at that time because he had probably hung out with her there some times before she started hating them.

He was also contemplating the possibility of at least appearing to her, even if it was just to say hi.

Remember he is suffering from heartache at that point so his judgment isn't what it should be. And his brothers weren't exactly helping him in that situation either. Instead they seem to be treating it as a "We don't know what to do, so we're going to ignore it and hope it goes away on it's own." kind of issue.
of course Raph, Mikey, and Leo were treating the situation like that. The writers only seem to want Donnie involved with April, which is exactly the problem I have with Apriltello. It pushes everyone away from April. (except Casey who just happens to have a crush on her)

so if you want to be involved with April's character you must have a crush on her. (or a gap of some kind)

(maybe I should just accept this April will never have a relationship with the other turtles like past Aprils.....it's just so weird not to see it...)

Last edited by BabyTurtles; 03-18-2014 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:59 PM   #65
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

BT, the season isn't over yet. She could still have a relationship with the other Turtles. We just haven't seen it yet.

And I agree with VA about Don's motives. He did have a picture of her on a swing while he was pushing her so maybe they hung out in the park a few times before they had the falling out.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #66
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
BT, the season isn't over yet. She could still have a relationship with the other Turtles. We just haven't seen it yet.

And I agree with VA about Don's motives. He did have a picture of her on a swing while he was pushing her so maybe they hung out in the park a few times before they had the falling out.
to tell you the truth....If April had more of a relationship with the other turtles' i'd be totally cool with Apriltello.

but we are already knee deep into season 2.....you'd think the writers would have considered showing this already.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #67
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:

And April did save Raph's life in Wormquake.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #68
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
to tell you the truth....If April had more of a relationship with the other turtles' i'd be totally cool with Apriltello.

but we are already knee deep into season 2.....you'd think the writers would have considered showing this already.
To tell the truth, the very few occasions that April has spent with the other turtles has already described what she feels about the others, and none of them were truthfully positive.

Mikey: The lint, dead bug pizza in Target: April basically told that April is kinda freaked out by Mikey and views him as a clown, and a rather disgusting one at that. Basically Mikey is Mikey, and I better learn to live with it.

Leo: Obviously his feelings for Karai took their friendship to a strange medium. And the fact that he was cornered into revealing his true feelings to them about didn't help matters. Also Leo seems to be the one that restrained her from doing anything with them, which again clearly wouldn't help matters for it seems that Leo doesn't really view April as one of them.

Raph: They had their little moment in Kraang Conspiracy, but all in all, she's pretty off put by Raph, much like she was off put about Casey early. Though I'm sure this will be progressed more much like it's been with Casey. I'm sure that Raph/Kraang mind flip episode will develop something between the two of them there.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #69
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
And April did save Raph's life in Wormquake.
wow.....that's alot.........outta the 40 something episodes.....Raph finally had the chance to save April's life......once.

which she sorta complained about beforehand.....

Donnie's saved her a billion times, would it be a crime for the other guys to make some of those saves? I mean- it makes it look like only Donnie cares.....
(I'm sure that's not the case...but still)
Old 03-19-2014, 04:35 PM   #70
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
To tell the truth, the very few occasions that April has spent with the other turtles has already described what she feels about the others, and none of them were truthfully positive.

Mikey: The lint, dead bug pizza in Target: April basically told that April is kinda freaked out by Mikey and views him as a clown, and a rather disgusting one at that. Basically Mikey is Mikey, and I better learn to live with it.

Leo: Obviously his feelings for Karai took their friendship to a strange medium. And the fact that he was cornered into revealing his true feelings to them about didn't help matters. Also Leo seems to be the one that restrained her from doing anything with them, which again clearly wouldn't help matters for it seems that Leo doesn't really view April as one of them.

Raph: They had their little moment in Kraang Conspiracy, but all in all, she's pretty off put by Raph, much like she was off put about Casey early. Though I'm sure this will be progressed more much like it's been with Casey. I'm sure that Raph/Kraang mind flip episode will develop something between the two of them there.
so what you are saying is.... 2012 April is just "okay" with the other turtles....??

even though in every incarnation she's been in.. she Loves all the boys for who they are like close family.

if that's what the writers are going for...they are changing a very important character trait of April.....the sister side to her...

.....and now I know why I have a problem with her.

Last edited by BabyTurtles; 03-19-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:48 PM   #71
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
so what you are saying is....April is just "okay" with the other turtles....??

even though in every incarnation she's been in.. she Loves all the boys for who they are like close family.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/1e4928c83...9ibxo1_400.jpg

https://31.media.tumblr.com/fd4f33cf...it9go2_400.gif

if that's what the writers are going for...they are changing a very important character trait of April. the caring side of her....the sister side to her...

.....and now I know why I have a problem with her.
In a way, yeah I do because frankly so far the turtles, with the exception of Donatello, seem to be just "okay" with April. I don't believe the others view her as "one of the family" so it's both ways you that's what you have the problem with April's trait. It's a mutual feeling.

And it doesn't really bother me personally because it's not really mandatorily needed for this show, especially now that April's a teenager. Before April being an adult made April look like a mother figure to the turtles, which clearly isn't needed in this series. So the "One with the family" trait can be shared by Splinter and Donnie to a lesser extent, but it is not a must for the show, nor is truly needed. They can use other methods to give the same impact, however it may be in a way that a majority of people on here don't like, but so what quite frankly. As I've stated before, we on here are the VAST minority of the show's fanbase.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:00 PM   #72
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
In a way, yeah I do because frankly so far the turtles, with the exception of Donatello, seem to be just "okay" with April. I don't believe the others view her as "one of the family" so it's both ways you that's what you have the problem with April's trait. It's a mutual feeling.

And it doesn't really bother me personally because it's not really mandatorily needed for this show, especially now that April's a teenager. Before April being an adult made April look like a mother figure to the turtles, which clearly isn't needed in this series. So the "One with the family" trait can be shared by Splinter and Donnie to a lesser extent, but it is not a must for the show, nor is truly needed.
like I said before.....the writers are purposefully pushing the other boys away to make Donnie look good in April's eyes. They only allow Donnie to save April.....they only allow April to call Donnie (except on very rare occasions)

when the writers are doing it on purpose of course both April and the other 3 turtles look like they don't care.

April's sisterly bond is practically being sacrificed for Apriltello and that is not only annoying....but I personally think it's a horrible mistake.

April being their first human friend is essential.....she is the only person they know at first, I find it completely hard to believe that none of them were trying to get to know her better. Only Donnie cares? That doesn't make any sense.

April might be a teen now, but that's no excuse for the lack of interaction. There were tons of moments that were given to Donnie in season 1 and 2 that could have been given to another turtle.

April was always my favorite human...if not my second favorite character, but they've taken out the best thing about her, in order for Donnie to have a love interest....which....probably won't get anywhere......and when you think about it....that's just wasted time......time that could have been given to April and her bond with the other turtles.

April only caring about 1 turtle....is like Splinter only caring about 1 son.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:17 PM   #73
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
like I said before.....the writers are purposefully pushing the other boys away to make Donnie look good in April's eyes. They only allow Donnie to save April.....they only allow April to call Donnie (except on very rare occasions)

when the writers are doing it on purpose of course both April and the other 3 turtles look like they don't care.

April's sisterly bond is practically being sacrificed for Apriltello and that is not only annoying....but I personally think it's a horrible mistake.

April being their first human friend is essential.....she is the only person they know at first, I find it completely hard to believe that none of them were trying to get to know her better. Only Donnie cares? That doesn't make any sense.

April might be a teen now, but that's no excuse for the lack of interaction. There were tons of moments that were given to Donnie in season 1 and 2 that could have been given to another turtle.

April was always my favorite human...if not my second favorite character, but they've taken out the best thing about her, in order for Donnie to have a love interest....which....probably won't get anywhere......and when you think about it....that's just wasted time......time that could have been given to April and her bond with the other turtles.

April only caring about 1 turtle....is like Splinter only caring about 1 son.
Did you honestly think about that before you typed it?

Because actually no, that's not even close. And honestly is a pretty asinine statement, because April is not their mother, is not their sister, is not family to them, and does not to be treated as such, because as I stated it is not needed.

They never had a "Family" element in the original comics, they viewed April as a friend to them, and really not much more than that. So no, it does not hurt the relationship between the turtles and April to not have "family" bond. It just doesn't.

And besides, what exactly is a "Sisterly" bond, because a sisterly bond to me is a bond where your sibling annoys the hell out of you, you find to be a nuisance, and sometimes wishing you had much better than what you have; but being there for them when it really matters, and judging by your reaction of what's being done, that looks pretty close to what's being done in my book. That's a "sisterly bond" to me, at least that's a sisterly bond anywhere I know.

Sorry, but that statement about comparing non-related beings to an actual family is pretty insulting honestly.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:38 PM   #74
Lone Ranger Ninjutsu
Random Punk

I feel like this formula between him and April is making Donny a one note character without much else to do. I'd love to see more plots involving him that didn't also involve April. I'm not saying to eradicate the tension between them full stop, I'm just saying that Donnie needs more of his own moments without April attached at his hip. You know, sorta like the Metalhead episode.

The same goes for more episodes involving April doing things separate from Donny.

Artwork not done by me.
The artwork used in this signature was done by XAcerbusX on deviantART.com
Check him out on YouTube as well.
Lone Ranger Ninjutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:40 PM   #75
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Did you honestly think about that before you typed it?

Because actually no, that's not even close. And honestly is a pretty asinine statement, because April is not their mother, is not their sister, is not family to them, and does not to be treated as such, because as I stated it is not needed.

They never had a "Family" element in the original comics, they viewed April as a friend to them, and really not much more than that. So no, it does not hurt the relationship between the turtles and April to not have "family" bond. It just doesn't.

And besides, what exactly is a "Sisterly" bond, because a sisterly bond to me is a bond where your sibling annoys the hell out of you, you find to be a nuisance, and sometimes wishing you had much better than what you have; but being there for them when it really matters, and judging by your reaction of what's being done, that looks pretty close to what's being done in my book. That's a "sisterly bond" to me, at least that's a sisterly bond anywhere I know.

Sorry, but that statement about comparing non-related beings to an actual family is pretty insulting honestly.
oh it's not insulting at all! I have close friends that I consider almost family.

when I say sisterly bond I mean, yea she's gonna get annoyed with them but she would still do anything for them and they would so anything for her.
basically they care for each other deeply. They talk...they have moments..all that good stuff.

and I say IT IS important to her character...if anything she should AT LEAST be a very good friend to them all.

April is not just some chick that rolled in to be a love interest to Donnie. (at least she wasn't)

......but you know what...if you can't see the importance of April having a solid friendship with all the turtles.....than I can't convince you.

enjoy your Apriltello.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:45 PM   #76
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Ranger Ninjutsu View Post
I feel like this formula between him and April is making Donny a one note character without much else to do. I'd love to see more plots involving him that didn't also involve April. I'm not saying to eradicate the tension between them full stop, I'm just saying that Donnie needs more of his own moments without April attached at his hip. You know, sorta like the Metalhead episode.

The same goes for more episodes involving April doing things separate from Donny.
I guess I should chalk another person that thinks the Pulverizer episodes are so bad, that they don't exist.

Your latter statement is understandable, but as for what's in bold...please, more than enough is being done on Donnie's side of the story, it's just a matter if people choose to care or not about that part of the story.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:56 PM   #77
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
oh it's not insulting at all! I have close friends that I consider almost family.

when I say sisterly bond I mean, yea she's gonna get annoyed with them but she would still do anything for them and they would so anything for her.
basically they care for each other deeply. They talk...they have moments..all that good stuff.

and I say IT IS important to her character...if anything she should AT LEAST be a very good friend to them all.

April is not just some chick that rolled in to be a love interest to Donnie. (at least she wasn't)

......but you know what...if you can't see the importance of April having a solid friendship with all the turtles.....than I can't convince you.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...ill-shrugs.gif

enjoy your Apriltello.
I'm not saying it's not important, I'm saying I don't need to see it on screen to know it's there.

I don't need to be convinced of April's friendship with the turtles, because I know it's there already.

You seem to be the one that needs convincing of it...

You want to see actual interaction between them all. And that's fine, but I don't need to see interaction with every character for me to know she's their friend, that's what's a waste of time, because I, and I'm pretty sure you already know that.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:57 PM   #78
snake
Disgusting

I think he needs to move on, or better yet, just drop the love plot altogether.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:59 PM   #79
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
I'm not saying it's not important, I'm saying I don't need to see it on screen to know it's there.

I don't need to be convinced of April's friendship with the turtles, because I know it's there already.

You seem to be the one that needs convincing of it...

You want to see actual interaction between them all. Fine, but I don't need to see interaction with every character for me to know she's their friend, that's what's a waste of time, because I already know that.
but didn't you just say you don't see the friendship between her and the other turtles? because Mikey's a clown, Leo doesn't accept her, and she's put off by Raph????

anyway yea I do need convincing cause I don't feel it's there.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:02 PM   #80
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
but didn't you just say you don't see the friendship between her and the other turtles? because Mikey's a clown, Leo doesn't accept her, and she's put off by Raph????

anyway yea I do need convincing cause I don't feel it's there.
I agree, I'm sure it happens offscreen, but it would be nice to see April interact with the other Turtles.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
april o'neil, donatello