The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 04-14-2021, 11:22 AM   #181
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Also Roadkill Rodneys confirmed via the extended gameplay in the Indie Showcase.

It was basically a no-brainer, but really happy to have this confirmed for the Switch. Already have it wishlisted and am eagerly awaiting more.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:31 AM   #182
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

For anyone that wants to watch JUST the new trailer, but in better quality than Twitter.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:10 PM   #183
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Kind of like all of the other TMNT Final Fight clones.
Not really - none of TMNT beat'em ups are really that long and boring, like Final Fight and more complex / realistic beat'em ups.

Bebop being boss of Channel 6 is amusing.
Channel Hog?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:45 PM   #184
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

I finally had the chance to play through Streets of Rage 4 over the past week and a half and I've fallen in love with it. I was getting pumped on this game and it really sent me over the moon knowing the team behind that is also behind Shredder's Revenge.

Also, it looks like Tee Lopes will be doing the OST for the game and his score for Sonic Mania was awesome. Hopefully that means a vinyl release of the eventual score at some point too.

If I had to guess, I'm thinking it'll be later in the year (I was totally wrong assuming it'd be a 2022 release) ... but I'm REALLY hoping this bad boy comes out during the summer.

Can't wait! It's a good time for retro gamers and TMNT fans for sure.
Old 04-14-2021, 12:53 PM   #185
CyberCubed
Overlord

Unless Breath of the Wild 2 makes it out this year, this is probably going to be GOTY. I mean there's not much competition this year besides Resident Evil 8.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 01:14 PM   #186
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Unless Breath of the Wild 2 makes it out this year, this is probably going to be GOTY. I mean there's not much competition this year besides Resident Evil 8.
What, no consideration for Cyberpunk 2077?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 01:33 PM   #187
CyberCubed
Overlord

Even if that game was actually good, it still came out last year.

I'm not counting Mario 3D World since it's a port of a Wii-U game from 2013 (though Bowser's Fury is nice its only 5 hours long).

Nintendo doesn't have much this year unless Breath of the Wild 2 makes it this holiday. Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remakes look incredibly disappointing and barring any surprise announcements at E3 there's not much else they could have besides maybe a 2D Metroid. (Splatoon 3, Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon Arceus are all 2022 games).

For Sony I'm certain Horizon Zero Dawn 2 and God of War aren't making it this year. So they basically just have Ratchet and Clank and some mid-tier games. Resident Evil 8 is the only big release coming soon (again I'm not counting ports/remakes of older games like the Mass Effect trilogy). 2021 feels like an off-year for games, all Microsoft has is Halo Infinite this Fall really.
Old 04-14-2021, 02:44 PM   #188
sdp
Megan Fox = April

E3 is in June I'm sure lot will be revealed there that comes out this holiday and this game even if it gets good reviews won't be GOTY because it's a beat em up and not a bad movie that you play between cinematics.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 05:51 PM   #189
Roseangelo
Emperor

Definitely need this. Right now.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:39 PM   #190
CyberCubed
Overlord

Is anyone else going to call this, "TMNT 6: Shredder's Revenge?" It's pretty obvious this is intended to be canon with the classic Konami games.

TMNT NES
TMNT II: The Arcade Game
Turtles III: The Manhattan Project
TMNT IV: Turtles in Time
TMNT V: Hyperstone Heist

There's also the Gameboy Fall of the Foot Clan, TMNT II, and TMNT III Radical Rescue but back in the day all Gameboy games got separate numbering from console games.

Finally...after nearly 30 years...the classic Konami universe of TMNT games is back. This game is canon in my mind with all the old NES, SNES, Genesis and Gameboy TMNT games. The classic games were also a nice mix of the original cartoon, Archie comics, and Playmates toyline all combined into one and that's why I loved it.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:25 PM   #191
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Is anyone else going to call this, "TMNT 6: Shredder's Revenge?"
No.

Quote:
Hyperstone Heist wasn't TMNT V.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 01:48 AM   #192
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Updated first post with confirmed Switch availability and the new gameplay trailer. Exciting!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:08 AM   #193
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Moroboshi View Post
For anyone that wants to watch JUST the new trailer, but in better quality than Twitter.
IT LOOKS AMAZING. I will uplaod a video from my last fight(iwill be the last boss in the game) and post it here. So evryone can see what happens to those who are against me! The turtles will not escape me this time!!! MUHAHAHAH It will be the best action game of the year!
Old 04-15-2021, 07:15 AM   #194
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Quote:
iT WILL be the best action game of the year like all TMNT games are. But i play all action games anyway. So for rest of the year i will also play nIER remake(releases next week already preodered for pc), biomutant, re8(both also preodered on pc) days gone(pc) next sonic game, sniper ghost warrior contracts 2, Ghostwire tokyo, next call of duty shadow warrior 3, evil west, alex kid, necromunda et.c. But all these arenothing comapred to my own new game TMNT SHREDDER REVENGE where iw ill take my REVENGE as the title says. They must start making TMNT games each year!
Old 04-15-2021, 09:35 AM   #195
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I can't believe that TMNT 6 is coming out this year, we had to wait since 1992 for a sequel to TMNT 5.
Old 04-15-2021, 07:05 PM   #196
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Is anyone else going to call this, "TMNT 6: Shredder's Revenge?" It's pretty obvious this is intended to be canon with the classic Konami games.

TMNT NES
TMNT II: The Arcade Game
Turtles III: The Manhattan Project
TMNT IV: Turtles in Time

There's also the Gameboy Fall of the Foot Clan, TMNT II, and TMNT III Radical Rescue but back in the day all Gameboy games got separate numbering from console games.

Finally...after nearly 30 years...the classic Konami universe of TMNT games is back. This game is canon in my mind with all the old NES, SNES, Genesis and Gameboy TMNT games. The classic games were also a nice mix of the original cartoon, Archie comics, and Playmates toyline all combined into one and that's why I loved it.
Not really no. Those old games were based on the show but also a mix of stuff like the live action movies, action figures and whatnot. This one is strictly gonna be based on the cartoon show.

Unless we start seeing weird stuff like Karai and Hun as bosses, which I doubt.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 07:55 AM   #197
sdp
Megan Fox = April

There are official blue/red/purple/orange joycons so technically people could play their fav turtle with the same color controller

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Not really no. Those old games were based on the show but also a mix of stuff like the live action movies, action figures and whatnot. This one is strictly gonna be based on the cartoon show.

that would be boring and I'm afraid they'll go this route

Last edited by sdp; 04-16-2021 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-16-2021, 08:27 AM   #198
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It may go the same route Mutant Madness did and give non-1987 cartoon characters a 1987 cartoon aesthetic like with Ace Duck( ignoring the blink and you miss it cameo on their television set),Renet and Savanti Romero among others.
Old 04-16-2021, 01:46 PM   #199
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:

Maybe they will, we don't know yet.
Old 04-16-2021, 02:02 PM   #200
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier

Quote:

There's definitely a strong connection to the Konami games with this one. Plenty of direct callbacks with different colors of foot soldiers, flying weapon foot soldiers, and the throw into the screen move. The game even features the Turtle Tenderizer 4X4, an unreleased vehicle that was featured in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project.

I don't expect to see too much stuff far removed from the OT but I wouldn't discount characters like Karai, who did appear in a couple of classic Konami games.
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote