The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2020, 07:38 AM   #2441
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 12,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryfields View Post
Cool box I found
I've seen those listed on ebay for a substantial asking price (don't know how much they might have sold for) but yours looks to be in much better condition than most pictures I've seen.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:17 AM   #2442
strawberryfields
Hench Mutant
 
strawberryfields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I've seen those listed on ebay for a substantial asking price (don't know how much they might have sold for) but yours looks to be in much better condition than most pictures I've seen.
Yea I think most of them are lost to time. I've only seen a couple in my life, both times at garage sales, and they were in terrible shape with different artwork.

Here's what the other one, which im guessing is more common, looks like

strawberryfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:50 AM   #2443
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist
 
SS Kakarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,067
Had not seen these before, Bitty Boomers.
Available as the four Turtles, Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady.





https://www.bittyboomers.com/teenage...ninja-turtles/
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 12:44 PM   #2444
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 12,665
So these little guys randomly showed up at a couple local Dollar Tree stores. (2003 Leo included for scale.) Hadn't seen them before so was kind of surprised to see 2012 merchandise. Are they old and maybe just left over stock that my stores never got previously?

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 10:25 PM   #2445
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,349
They've been around.

I think they started as a UK release sold as blind bags. (I know they were sold this way in the UK. I just don't know if it is their first release.)

They were released here in the US as a 4 pack via TRU which were given away when you bought a DVD.

Since then they have been released in dollar stores and Family Dollar stores in 2 packs.

They also did similar ones for the Rise of the TMNT line which ended up becoming one of the Pizza Point prizes and then went to be sold on Amazon.
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 12:23 PM   #2446
BlueKatana
Hench Mutant
 
BlueKatana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
So these little guys randomly showed up at a couple local Dollar Tree stores. (2003 Leo included for scale.) Hadn't seen them before so was kind of surprised to see 2012 merchandise. Are they old and maybe just left over stock that my stores never got previously?

https://i.imgur.com/UvC5bdo.jpg

Actually just saw these at my Dollar Tree as well.
__________________
You know I got your back...just like a Turtle Shell!
BlueKatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 12:49 PM   #2447
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 12,665
Huh, interesting how much they've gotten recycled as merchandise, thanks for the info. Guess they made a lot of them and still trying to sell them off.

But darn, if they were still a buck, guess I missed the better 2-pack deal at Family Dollar...two doors down from one of the Dollar Trees in question. If that one ever had them.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 06:18 PM   #2448
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Huh, interesting how much they've gotten recycled as merchandise, thanks for the info. Guess they made a lot of them and still trying to sell them off.

But darn, if they were still a buck, guess I missed the better 2-pack deal at Family Dollar...two doors down from one of the Dollar Trees in question. If that one ever had them.
Family Dollar isn't a "everything's a Dollar" store. I think the 2 packs sold for about $5 each. So you really didn't miss out.
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 05:29 PM   #2449
EddieNES
Stone Warrior
 
EddieNES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 840
My kids finally convinced me to build them the OOTS Technodrome today.

Man, what a piece of junk.
EddieNES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 05:42 AM   #2450
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist
 
I Crave Pizza No More's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,472
Anyone know where I can get this rug?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Teenage-M...-x78/422495209

Looks like this is a third party seller, and they're asking $75. It was probably a third of that originally. Thanks to anyone who might be able to help.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 02:08 PM   #2451
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist
 
The Turtle Terminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,044
In line with the current hand sanitation regulations, 80's TMNT hand sanitiser exists. Found at the local pharmacy. A normal hand gel, pictured with the TMNT
__________________
The Turtle Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:24 PM   #2452
EddieNES
Stone Warrior
 
EddieNES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 840
Have they ever resold the “Giant Size” TMNT before?

I have an open set in great condition with original everything (box, weapons, ties, etc...) and was trying to price them.

I just wasn’t sure if they ever did something like the classic collection with them.

Thanks in advance!
EddieNES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:26 PM   #2453
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
Have they ever resold the “Giant Size” TMNT before?

I have an open set in great condition with original everything (box, weapons, ties, etc...) and was trying to price them.

I just wasn’t sure if they ever did something like the classic collection with them.

Thanks in advance!
Yes, sort of. The giant Turtles were part of the line that they reissued near the end and sold via KB Toys. So those four were technically reissued, but that was still basically part of the original line's run and well over two decades ago at this point.
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:45 PM   #2454
EddieNES
Stone Warrior
 
EddieNES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
Yes, sort of. The giant Turtles were part of the line that they reissued near the end and sold via KB Toys. So those four were technically reissued, but that was still basically part of the original line's run and well over two decades ago at this point.
Appreciate the knowledge.
EddieNES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:40 AM   #2455
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier
 
SilverNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: NY (formerly from CA)
Posts: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
Anyone know where I can get this rug?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Teenage-M...-x78/422495209

Looks like this is a third party seller, and they're asking $75. It was probably a third of that originally. Thanks to anyone who might be able to help.
Not sure if you are still looking, but Target and Home Depot has these rugs available:

TARGET:
https://www.target.com/p/teenage-mut...E&gclsrc=aw.ds


HOME DEPOT:
https://www.homedepot.com/pep/Nickel...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 07:15 AM   #2456
EddieNES
Stone Warrior
 
EddieNES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 840
Has everyone seen the turtle figures made by Plastic Cell?

I don’t remember seeing those before. Unfortunately sold out.

I would have totally nabbed Donnie.

https://plasticcell.com/collections
EddieNES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 12:08 PM   #2457
frank_one
Mad Scientist
 
frank_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Europe
Posts: 1,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
Has everyone seen the turtle figures made by Plastic Cell?

I don’t remember seeing those before. Unfortunately sold out.

I would have totally nabbed Donnie.

https://plasticcell.com/collections
I remember someone posted about those weeks ago. They look really nice, even if the deformed proportions are not for me.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 05:59 AM   #2458
strawberryfields
Hench Mutant
 
strawberryfields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
Yes, sort of. The giant Turtles were part of the line that they reissued near the end and sold via KB Toys. So those four were technically reissued, but that was still basically part of the original line's run and well over two decades ago at this point.
The Giant TMNT were reissued at KB? Was the packaging any different?
strawberryfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 11:46 AM   #2459
tmntman
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 2,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryfields View Post
The Giant TMNT were reissued at KB? Was the packaging any different?
The definitive sign is the inclusion of the Playmates web site logo on the back of the box. They also changed the name label on the front switching out the word "with" for "+"

Giant Leo for example.
__________________


Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 05:20 PM   #2460
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
The definitive sign is the inclusion of the Playmates web site logo on the back of the box. They also changed the name label on the front switching out the word "with" for "+"

Giant Leo for example.
The eyes are smaller on the reissue than the 1990 original.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.