The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-13-2015, 10:43 AM   #41
Amaranthus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenshell View Post
(Netherlands, so Amaranthus would be in the same one as us... what was that... GMT +1?).
Dutch Nick doesn't have the same broadcasting times as Belgian Nick.
Also, watching online uses a lot of bandwidth, and I just prefer television.
I'm glad I'll be able to see season 3. But I just want it to go to a regular timeslot instead of them airing it between repeats of season 2.
They never did that with season 2. Why do it now?
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:44 PM   #42
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

Anyone know of a release date for a DVD box set of Season 2?

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 12:08 AM   #43
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTron View Post
Anyone know of a release date for a DVD box set of Season 2?
Nothing announced for US release yet, but Australia already has it, and UK will be getting it by end of this month:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00QNNZ51C/

Old 03-14-2015, 11:17 AM   #44
Amaranthus
Banned

Well, I watched the first episode of season 3 today.
I didn't like it, to be honest. I hope I'll be able to see the non-filler episodes soon.
Fix that f*cking timeslot. They're not even promoting new episodes like they did with season 2.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:13 AM   #45
Ravenshell
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthus View Post
Dutch Nick doesn't have the same broadcasting times as Belgian Nick.
Also, watching online uses a lot of bandwidth, and I just prefer television.
I'm glad I'll be able to see season 3. But I just want it to go to a regular timeslot instead of them airing it between repeats of season 2.
They never did that with season 2. Why do it now?
Well, my point was more that we were in the same timezone for when the downloads show up, not that the scheduling would be the same.
Ravenshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:32 AM   #46
Amaranthus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenshell View Post
Well, my point was more that we were in the same timezone for when the downloads show up, not that the scheduling would be the same.
I don't do downloads.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:25 PM   #47
senpai
Stone Warrior

I have a weird question. Okay, so considering how the mutations go (that you turn into the last thing you made contact with) well... So since Yoshi bought the turtles, I'm assuming he handled them as well and that's how they became turtle humanoids... So if that's the case then maybe it's appropriate that Splinter calls them his "sons". Perhaps they are an extension of his self.

Okay so my question is: If Splinter and the turtles are a family, and Leo loves Karai who is Splinter's daughter, is that, like, incest? I don't know. I've just been thinking about that whole mess of a situation. I know they aren't REALLY related by blood but it seems pretty close considering the mutagen and how that works. Or! I could just be over-analyzing things as I sometimes do
senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 01:57 AM   #48
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by senpai View Post
I have a weird question. Okay, so considering how the mutations go (that you turn into the last thing you made contact with) well... So since Yoshi bought the turtles, I'm assuming he handled them as well and that's how they became turtle humanoids... So if that's the case then maybe it's appropriate that Splinter calls them his "sons". Perhaps they are an extension of his self.

Okay so my question is: If Splinter and the turtles are a family, and Leo loves Karai who is Splinter's daughter, is that, like, incest? I don't know. I've just been thinking about that whole mess of a situation. I know they aren't REALLY related by blood but it seems pretty close considering the mutagen and how that works. Or! I could just be over-analyzing things as I sometimes do
Yes, it would seem that Karai is now their "sister", even Mikey called her that before. However Leo didn't know that when he had a crush on her. As soon as he found out, he now sees her as their "long lost sister". I don't see any sign of Leo having a crush on her any more. I hope

Kinda think of it, they were still flirting a bit in Vengeance is Mine when Leo rescued Karai from the prison cell

This topic probably belongs to the Naughty things Nick has gotten away with thread if it develops any further

Last edited by evan2000; 03-18-2015 at 02:02 AM.
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 01:59 AM   #49
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior

^^ This part always confuses me.

Why exactly are they so weirded out? Because he used a Kraang droid's arm to block the door? Is that all? That doesn't seem entirely odd to me...at least, not worth being stared down and called "seriously twisted." Is there some other joke going over my head here, or is that all there is to it?
Old 03-18-2015, 02:12 AM   #50
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunpowder View Post
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...psu8rufhuf.gif

^^ This part always confuses me.

Why exactly are they so weirded out? Because he used a Kraang droid's arm to block the door? Is that all? That doesn't seem entirely odd to me...at least, not worth being stared down and called "seriously twisted." Is there some other joke going over my head here, or is that all there is to it?
Imagine someone broke your arm and use it to block the door where you're trapped inside. Yeah that's not weird or anything

Nick only got away with this because the Kranngdroid is a "robot" and not an actual human.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:20 AM   #51
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior

Yeah, I guess. But since it's a robot we're dealing with, it doesn't seem all that weird to me, I dunno. I just feel like their response was a little dramatic, is all. He did what he had to.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:12 AM   #52
Kanon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunpowder View Post
It confuses me that Raph says <<Thanks>>.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:41 PM   #53
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by senpai View Post

It's definitely not a weird question - it's something I've wondered myself and I know there's been a lot of debate about it, both here and on other sites. Yoshi may have handled the turtles before their mutation... or maybe they were handled by pet-store employees who put them into the bowl before they were sold to Yoshi. I don't think there's a definite answer on this - IMO, Splinter regarding them as his sons is based on him raising them and loving them and caring for them like a father would... not necessarily just because they have his genetic material.

I'm thinking maybe Leo and Karai's relationship will play out as more of a Luke/Leia thing - initially there's an attraction and some flirting but eventually it settles more into a brother/sister dynamic.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 04:50 PM   #54
KrN
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
Yes, it would seem that Karai is now their "sister", even Mikey called her that before. However Leo didn't know that when he had a crush on her. As soon as he found out, he now sees her as their "long lost sister". I don't see any sign of Leo having a crush on her any more. I hope

Kinda think of it, they were still flirting a bit in Vengeance is Mine when Leo rescued Karai from the prison cell

This topic probably belongs to the Naughty things Nick has gotten away with thread if it develops any further
Leo clearly doesn't see her as a sister. In Serpent Hunt when Mikey told Karai he's her brother, Leo specifically said "friend".

Besides, at the last comic con when Kelly Hu was there, Ciro mentioned that Leo had a crush on Karai still and that was after Vengeance is Mine aired.
KrN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 08:45 PM   #55
senpai
Stone Warrior

Thanks for your answers, guys! I wasn't sure if Leo was still crushing on Karai or not. I suppose that might be hard for him to do now that she is a mutant losing her humanity bit by bit. But there's no doubt he cares about her. I didn't consider the pet-store employees handling them! That's a good conjecture. Makes sense.
senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:27 PM   #56
yellowmario27
Foot Soldier

Do you guys remember the episode where Mikey is humming the '87 theme song?

or it could have been the actual theme song
i randomly remembered that while i was humming the theme song lol but no idea which episode or even season
yellowmario27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:57 PM   #57
saber16
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowmario27 View Post
Do you guys remember the episode where Mikey is humming the '87 theme song?

or it could have been the actual theme song
i randomly remembered that while i was humming the theme song lol but no idea which episode or even season
Yeah, I think it was the 87 theme he was humming in "I think his name was Baxter Stockman".
Old 03-30-2015, 08:15 AM   #58
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by saber16 View Post
Yeah, I think it was the 87 theme he was humming in "I think his name was Baxter Stockman".
Yes, the part when the turtles met Baxter Stockman for the first time, they were about to attack him and Mikey asked everyone to WAIT because he need to keep his T-pod, he was humming the tune as he was doing it.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:35 AM   #59
yellowmario27
Foot Soldier

thank you! I'll check it out later this week
yellowmario27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:30 PM   #60
neatoman
Emperor

Does Tiger Claw end his sentances with "Nya" in the Japanese dub?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote