The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-13-2021, 07:07 PM   #21
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

If someone ever did something more with her, I'd still like to see her more notably different and not just a girl vision of the TMNT.

Make her older and a little bigger, a notably different species of turtle, and go in the opposite direction of girl stereotypes media often likes to go for by instead making her a tad bit more bestial and less "human" than the TMNT are, more along a similar level of how Leatherhead and Slash tend to be mentally, and a bit in looks. Give the boys an interesting ally to keep them on their toes because she's still got a bit of the wild nature in her, which gives them a mirror on their own inner humanity that makes them different from her and the wild parts of her they can't really relate to. Likewise, she might not quite relate to some of the more "human" aspects of their lives or not see the point in it.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:44 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

They need to focus on making a good TMNT incarnation post-Mirage. They haven't been able to do that yet. Then after doing so they can worry about a new Venus (or not), way later.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:52 PM   #23
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Just like in the Ninja Turtle The Next Mutation episode Who Needs Her we find out WHY we as a fandom NEED Venus de Milo back to tmnt. This is a toxic fan base that won't accept a strong independent character and they're right adding a new person to the cast never works. But you know how it works? Legacy characters who replace others, just how Tommy replaced Jason in Power Rangers or Wally West replaced The Flash. Leonardo needs to die heroically fighting either Shredder or dragonlord or whoever with Venus being able to take him down right after, that way she gains the respect not only from the other turtles but the fandom and now she is allowed to replace Leo as the new leader of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It's the only way to bring her back and people to accept her. #parishilton #readyforthenewnew #shinobi
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:05 PM   #24
Leo656
The Franchise

Saxon = Joke Account

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:32 PM   #25
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Don't you hurt my Leo... Replace him and I'm out. Rise just turning him into...whatever happened there... was bad enough.
Old 01-14-2021, 12:41 PM   #26
puirnaut
Random Punk

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
I remember a few years back I wrote something similar. Basically, revamping Venus entirely not just ability-wise, but animal-based too. Needless to say, it would just result in an original character.

I think Venus gets a bad wrap, as does most of Next Mutation, for being a product of its time. The effects and setup definitely don't hold up, but a lot of the concepts do. (I'd love to see Bonesteel again.) For her to succeed, I feel you need to address the following:
  • Her origin, and as a result, her relation to the Turtles. (sibling, friend, love-interest?)
  • If utilizing a different style of martial arts, address it. Make her unique (not stupidly calling her a "shinobi").
  • Make her stand out from the other Turtles.
  • Arguably the biggest thing, if Saban owns the show rights instead of Viacom, you need to buy it to use her or the other characters. Then again, you can always loosely use them. (I don't know the copyright battle off my head; feel free to correct me.)

I don't know if her being a main character will work without criticism, but a recurring character definitely. Venus should be used at some point, or any Next Mutation character deserves a revamp.
I agree with you in general terms. Regarding your questions, I think that the rights to the series belong to Allspark, and the rights to the characters still belong to Viacom. You can find information about this in the information property section of the acquired Allspark. In the Next Mutation column, it is indicated that the characters belong to Viacom, but there is no clarification that only the original characters. Therefore, I draw these conclusions.
Now the series can be viewed on netflix, I think maybe now it will be perceived differently, among those viewers who did not know about this series and did not see it before.
About the uniqueness of the fighting style of Venus . Aside from her magical abilities, I would like to see her unique distinctive style. But here we start from the fact that her teacher in the series took her to China. But in the new origin story (if it does happen), it may be different, and we would perceive it differently. Therefore, there is no specific way to say.
About her relationship. It's probably natural to assume that she should be a love interest, but there are some problems here. First, the turtles really fought a battle both physically and psychologically and mentally, but they did not have a love drama. (Not to mention Raphael. For me, this is a separate sore point, since this is my favorite character, and my favorite female character is Mona from the cartoon of the 90s, maybe later I will raise this question too. There will be a lot of arguments and swearing in this topic, so not now.)
Secondly, the problem is that Venus, unlike Jennika, was a female turtle initially. And it is clear that the characters grow up and I think it will be somehow wrong to ignore the questions of love.
Therefore, it seems to me that probably when Venus returns, so as not to create conflicts between the brothers, she will still be like a sister or a friend to the turtles.
As I wrote above, it will not take a leading position most likely. Although only if Kevin and the team are interested in a certain women's team in some arc. In this case, it can already be. Although it is unlikely.
If in general I think it will become a pleasant part of the family with its own values and characteristics and also fall in love with the public and would be an interesting character.
puirnaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:55 PM   #27
puirnaut
Random Punk

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
If someone ever did something more with her, I'd still like to see her more notably different and not just a girl vision of the TMNT.

Make her older and a little bigger, a notably different species of turtle, and go in the opposite direction of girl stereotypes media often likes to go for by instead making her a tad bit more bestial and less "human" than the TMNT are, more along a similar level of how Leatherhead and Slash tend to be mentally, and a bit in looks. Give the boys an interesting ally to keep them on their toes because she's still got a bit of the wild nature in her, which gives them a mirror on their own inner humanity that makes them different from her and the wild parts of her they can't really relate to. Likewise, she might not quite relate to some of the more "human" aspects of their lives or not see the point in it.
I know what you mean. But I don't think it's going to work. To turn Venus into a female version of Slash, I think it can alienate even old fans. Still, when the character returns, we want to get to know her and see parallels with her previous incarnation. You can say that these are sterotypes. I don't know. I don't want to offend you, but I wouldn't like it. If we start from your version, what prevented the creators of Jennika from doing exactly as you described? I think they understood that this would scare off readers, especially since the question of the turtle woman was always very difficult. And readers want to associate themselves with their favorite heroines and I think the appearance here plays an important role.
Although I may be wrong, but this is only my opinion.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:01 PM   #28
puirnaut
Random Punk

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
I've never had any problem with the design of the costume of Venus and I think it was a good thing she had female features: she's an anthropomorphic animal after all. The ponytail-like bandana is also a great design idea. Venus looks way more interesting than Jennika to me.
I admit I agree with you. Having reviewed this series recently, I still didn't see anything repulsive about Venus. I also like the design idea in the form of a ponytail from the bandana. I would like this element to be present when it returns.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:46 PM   #29
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by puirnaut View Post
what prevented the creators of Jennika from doing exactly as you described?
Because Jennika started out human and didn't lose that part of her. The TMNT were mutated enough to pretty much gain it on a similar/equal level. A more feral Venus, however, could experiment more with a character that started out as an animal but was mutated a little less than the TMNT, keeping a little of the wild side intact and creating an internal struggle of the inner beast vs civility similar to some versions of Leatherhead.
Old 01-14-2021, 02:27 PM   #30
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Give her bigger boobies. Which is half joke. I get giving her breasts to know she's female but at the same time I've never seen tits on a turtle sooo lol.
I'm not too keen on her being "animalistic", she should keep her shell where it belongs, washing the guy's bandanas and cleaning up that filthy sewer lair..... lol.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:56 PM   #31
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
But you know how it works? Legacy characters who replace others, just how Tommy replaced Jason in Power Rangers or Wally West replaced The Flash. Leonardo needs to die heroically fighting either Shredder or dragonlord or whoever with Venus being able to take him down right after, that way she gains the respect not only from the other turtles but the fandom and now she is allowed to replace Leo as the new leader of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
So your plan would be to kill off a character everyone loves and replace him with a character everyone hates so that people will magically start to love the new one.
Do you work for Disney?
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:35 PM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Just like in the Ninja Turtle The Next Mutation episode Who Needs Her we find out WHY we as a fandom NEED Venus de Milo back to tmnt. This is a toxic fan base that won't accept a strong independent character and they're right adding a new person to the cast never works. But you know how it works? Legacy characters who replace others, just how Tommy replaced Jason in Power Rangers or Wally West replaced The Flash. Leonardo needs to die heroically fighting either Shredder or dragonlord or whoever with Venus being able to take him down right after, that way she gains the respect not only from the other turtles but the fandom and now she is allowed to replace Leo as the new leader of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It's the only way to bring her back and people to accept her. #parishilton #readyforthenewnew #shinobi
Old 01-15-2021, 09:22 AM   #33
superstaff
Mad Scientist

I guess I'll just say...

I don't care much for Venus. Or Jennika. Or Kirby. Or having more turtles aside from the main 4.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 09:42 AM   #34
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Same. I think we just need to accept that Venus is not coming back.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 03:55 PM   #35
miru
Mad Scientist

They tried this with Vernon Fenwick, and blew it. So i guess those up top don’t see a reason. Even Carter was only given a swat at.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 04:18 PM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Same. I think we just need to accept that Venus is not coming back.
No one of sound mind hasn't wholly accepted that for a couple of decades now.
Old 02-15-2021, 08:09 PM   #37
Prowler
Emperor

No.

There are a lot of problems with the TMNT property and a lot of things that could be done creatively in future versions. But adding a token female Ninja Turtle isn't one of those. The Turtles have been 4 since 1984. No point adding another one. Otherwise Venus would have worked back in 1997 and would have stuck around, don't you think?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:13 PM   #38
Leo656
The Franchise

I think the shell-boobs weren't big enough, or it might've worked.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 08:31 PM   #39
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I think the shell-boobs weren't big enough, or it might've worked.
That was never anyone's problem with Venus. Only people like plastron focused too much on the fact she wasn't anatomically correct. Well neither are the boys. Otherwise they'd be sporting those tails/dicks around all the time.

She was a lame character that was shoehorned into the group for no logical reason. And The Next Mutation sucked too. That didn't help either.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
venus, venus de milo