The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 05-05-2021, 01:36 AM   #141
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Signed by the men themselves.
Not that is very, very cool! I have the original issue also, to have it signed by BOTH would be amazing!

I've been thinking about purchasing a piece of work by Eastman (and Laird) for a while. Let's be honest, they're not going to be around for ever and at that point that price of these items will likely skyrocket.

Thanks for sharing.

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 05:43 AM   #142
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
Not that is very, very cool! I have the original issue also, to have it signed by BOTH would be amazing!

I've been thinking about purchasing a piece of work by Eastman (and Laird) for a while. Let's be honest, they're not going to be around for ever and at that point that price of these items will likely skyrocket.

Thanks for sharing.
I kind of disagree. You either buy the comics for the signatures or you buy it for the condition but not both. I have books that are rare but the ink has bled into the pages below them from the cover. That tarnishes the condition of the book. Eastman and Laird have signed a ridiculous amount of items over the years where their signatures are not rare nor would I consider them rare even after their passing. However, finding a rare book in pristine condition unsigned that is older and hard to fine, that’s something more sought after by collectors like myself. Basically, my CGC 9.8 with white pages book could be worth more than your CGC 9.6 white pages book that’s a signature series only because the signed book will not be as pristine due to it having markings on it even if they are signatures. Just my two cents.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:14 PM   #143
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
I kind of disagree. You either buy the comics for the signatures or you buy it for the condition but not both. I have books that are rare but the ink has bled into the pages below them from the cover. That tarnishes the condition of the book. Eastman and Laird have signed a ridiculous amount of items over the years where their signatures are not rare nor would I consider them rare even after their passing. However, finding a rare book in pristine condition unsigned that is older and hard to fine, that’s something more sought after by collectors like myself. Basically, my CGC 9.8 with white pages book could be worth more than your CGC 9.6 white pages book that’s a signature series only because the signed book will not be as pristine due to it having markings on it even if they are signatures. Just my two cents.
I would disagree.

Two exact copies of books of equal grade, one signed, one not signed, will nearly always have the signed version go for more.

Stan lee signed literally everything but I can guarantee a copy of amazing fantasy with his signature will be worth more.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 11:09 PM   #144
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for getting a kick out of it. My wife doesn't get it.

I had Peter Laird sign it all the way back when I was living in New York in 2002. Kevin Eastman signed it at a con here in Australia he was out for last year, just as COVID was hitting. He said I was lucky to have Peter's signature since he hasn't been on a plane since the 90s. We had driven up to a shop in New Hampshire (if memory serves) where a bunch of the Mirage crew were doing a signing (not Eastman though).

The Usagi books I had signed by Stan Sakai the same year, in Canada. He was also impressed that Peter had also signed #10.

Pretty cool to have as an Australian fan. They are among my most prized posessions. As I'm sure you can tell, being framed and hung.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 01:38 AM   #145
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist

Didn't see anyone talking about this but
Danny Pennington lootcrate has been delayed.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 07:05 AM   #146
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
Didn't see anyone talking about this but
Danny Pennington lootcrate has been delayed.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...=62738&page=15
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote