The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 02-07-2019, 01:26 PM   #81
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
Eh, I'm optimistic. This franchise has done so many different things that at this point I feel it could do anything and it would work out fine. Personally, I've enjoyed every version for different reasons. Sure, I have my favorites, but there's no one I really hate. Even the current series is starting to grow on me. So if they want to make a movie, bring it on. I'll watch it, I'll probably like it
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:12 PM   #82
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Be skeptical all you want. It's very hard for this franchise to do something I actually disagree with.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:20 PM   #83
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
Eh, I'm optimistic. This franchise has done so many different things that at this point I feel it could do anything and it would work out fine. Personally, I've enjoyed every version for different reasons. Sure, I have my favorites, but there's no one I really hate. Even the current series is starting to grow on me. So if they want to make a movie, bring it on. I'll watch it, I'll probably like it, and even if I don't, there will be new ones in the future when the franchise inevitably reboots itself again.
Hey, I hear ya. It's a wonderfully flexible premise that works in alot of different tones. Rise is certainly not to my tastes, but I don't hate it by any stretch. And I'll definitely watch it when it comes out, cuz why not? Maybe they do something interesting, who knows? It's not like I'm gonna get my hopes up.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:47 PM   #84
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Be skeptical all you want. It's very hard for this franchise to do something I actually disagree with.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 02:33 AM   #85
neatoman
Emperor

What's the actual apporach with this movie? Is it going to be like a DBZ movie where it's an out of continuity side story (that might even be impossible to fit in anywahere in the show) or is it just it completely unrelated to Rise?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 03:13 AM   #86
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
What's the actual apporach with this movie? Is it going to be like a DBZ movie where it's an out of continuity side story (that might even be impossible to fit in anywahere in the show) or is it just it completely unrelated to Rise?
I think it could be set in the Rise Universe, but in an alternate re-telling of the Origin Story on a much grander scale.

Kind of like the film "Pokemon: I Choose You", and its relationship to the anime.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:02 AM   #87
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Of all shows they choose to make a film based on this series? What?? I hope since it's not supposed to be connected to the series that Leo is the leader at least, give us a sneak peak as to how Leo of this series would lead the gang. Hopefully add in Shredder and Karai since we don't have them in this series yet.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 01:40 PM   #88
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
So you don't possess critical faculties and just eat up whatever s*it you're fed? Yeah, it's little wonder the franchise never improves with fans like you.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 01:56 PM   #89
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
So you don't possess critical faculties and just eat up whatever s*it you're fed? Yeah, it's little wonder the franchise never improves with fans like you.
sounds just like Tigerclaw too
Old 02-08-2019, 04:14 PM   #90
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

Simple, I will pretend that this "movie" does not exist either, just as I have done for the entirety of the useless slop currently airing on Nickelodeon.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:04 PM   #91
Kenwatanabesclone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Or maybe he just has different taste? Why is everybody so negative here?
Kenwatanabesclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:18 AM   #92
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

After seeing today's newest episode and how it made Donnie look... If the premier of this should land right between the end of the first season and the start of the second, imo this stand alone movie (movie-length ep?) would be an EXCELLENT vehicle in which to make these Turtles mature and grow into something much closer to who we know the TMNT to normally be, and then take that new maturity/growth into the second season.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:21 AM   #93
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
After seeing today's newest episode and how it made Donnie look... If the premier of this should land right between the end of the first season and the start of the second, imo this stand alone movie (movie-length ep?) would be an EXCELLENT vehicle in which to make these Turtles mature and grow into something much closer to who we know the TMNT to normally be, and then take that new maturity/growth into the second season.
It was mentioned that the movie isn't connected to series.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:22 AM   #94
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Let's see, let's see... how's that old saying go? I know it's "Wish in one hand"... something about "Which hand gets filled first"... but the middle part escapes me...

Either way, wash your hands.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:30 AM   #95
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

lol What. Pipe dream, I know, but if these people had any good sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
It was mentioned that the movie isn't connected to series.
It doesn't have to be connected in order to still be events that cause them to grow up, which was my point.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:52 AM   #96
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
Of all shows they choose to make a film based on this series?
All of the others already have:

Fred Wolf and 4 Kids = Turtles Forever

Nickelodeon = Half-Shell Heroes (loosely)

Next Mutation = Original film trilogy (even if the films came first)
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:59 AM   #97
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
All of the others already have:

Fred Wolf and 4 Kids = Turtles Forever

Nickelodeon = Half-Shell Heroes (loosely)

Next Mutation = Original film trilogy (even if the films came first)
Half Shell Hero's just doesn't count as a 2012 movie, not to me.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:14 PM   #98
Kit31
Foot Soldier

Uggggh... How do I feel about this?

Mixed feelings, really. I was a lot more excited until I heard that Rise may be involved - even if it's just loosely. This series is okay with a few higher points at times, but overall, it can't hold a candle to the last series or even the one before that for me. Not even close.

On the other hand, a Rise movie could be good and open the door to more stuff in the future. I REALLY want to see the 2012 series revisited at some point. As others have said in here, a Rise movie could lead into something great for the series in the future and hopefully for the franchise as a whole. I wouldn't mind something based on the IDW comics or even the original comics as long as it's not too gory. More mature is fine, though, and also welcomed.

Anyway, whatever they decide to do with the movie, I'll watch it with an open mind like I have with every other iteration so far. There have been far more hits than misses for me in this franchise, after all.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:52 AM   #99
Powder
So tired of this place

While I would much prefer a Netflix-funded feature to be something different, like say an IDW comics adaption, or a continuation of past works (such the Henson universe returning via animation, similarly to how the 1960's Batman was), I'm excited for this. I absolutely love Rise, happy to have more in any format. The fight choreography in its TV series is balls to the walls as it is, though the other sequences are a bit lacking as a result of budgetary assets favoring the former. I wonder if this film will seek to correct that. Imagine if this looked entirely like the intro does, wow! Though it would be a bit niche, my early prediction is that this will be a crossover event, between turtleverses. Perhaps OT X 2012 X Rise.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:00 PM   #100
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
While I would much prefer a Netflix-funded feature to be something different, like say an IDW comics adaption, or a continuation of past works (such the Henson universe returning via animation, similarly to how the 1960's Batman was), I'm excited for this. I absolutely love Rise, happy to have more in any format. The fight choreography in its TV series is balls to the walls as it is, though the other sequences are a bit lacking as a result of budgetary assets favoring the former. I wonder if this film will seek to correct that. Imagine if this looked entirely like the intro does, wow! Though it would be a bit niche, my early prediction is that this will be a crossover event, between turtleverses. Perhaps OT X 2012 X Rise.
while I agree with your take on the great and not so great parts of this new show and am also really looking forward to this movie for some reason, I hope we don't get YET ANOTHER crossover event with turtleverses.. I feel turtles forever did that and then it was original or at least to me it FELT like an original and honest idea for the project.then came REPEATED rippoffs in form of the 2k12 series' crossover episode 'SPECIALS' with the OT turtles... I am REALLY looking forward to a time that we don't get more of this same old crossover idea...they never really do something exciting with this.it is just the meeting of various incarnations and boom, time for several lame jokes about this that and the other, a joined operation and TADAAAAA the finale....

as for the movie itself...just imagining a running time of lets say 60 full minutes of rise turtles would feel like an eternity in this iteration with their short episodes...thats a good thing and creates space for much developing