The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-13-2020, 05:23 PM   #1741
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
I know a lot of you 'hope' and 'would like' particular characters to be in the next waves, but I honestly can't see there being a wave without one of the 4 Turtles being involved.

So I think hoping for a wave with 4 random mutants is not gonna happen.

My prediction is waves 6-8 will have the Disguised Turtles variants in each of the waves: Leo the sewer samurai, Don the undercover turtle, Raph the space cadet, Mike the sewer surfer.

They were an early wave release in the original line and are incredibly popular!
What about wave 5? What variant will be in it?
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 05:38 PM   #1742
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
What about wave 5? What variant will be in it?
I don't see any variants in wave 5
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 05:57 PM   #1743
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
I don't see any variants in wave 5
Isn’t S7 going by the ReAction line? I would love a wave full of mutant allies and villains, but I can’t see it happening. Usagi, Krang, and Rat King, but Genghis Frog also? I think it is going to be Raph, the Space Cadet or Don, the Undercover Turtle. I could be wrong. I thought I heard that S7 is using turtle variants in place of the basic turtles for each wave after 4.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:03 PM   #1744
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Isn’t S7 going by the ReAction line? I would love a wave full of mutant allies and villains, but I can’t see it happening. Usagi, Krang, and Rat King, but Genghis Frog also? I think it is going to be Raph, the Space Cadet or Don, the Undercover Turtle. I could be wrong. I thought I heard that S7 is using turtle variants in place of the basic turtles for each wave after 4.
they said a turtle in each wave - could be slash!
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:10 PM   #1745
j3h
Hench Mutant

I wonder if in wave 5 they will simply use slash as the turtle or will they throw a curveball and start making characters not made by playmates like Jennika (since she didn’t exist until recently).

I would be very happy if Super7 did secondary or sub waves of ultimates every now and then of characters unique to IDW and unique to Archie.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:26 PM   #1746
SleepDrifter
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianice388 View Post
Oh dang, did I miss an interview? Did Brian say that for sure there will be a turtle in each wave? A bit disappointing considering those were always so uninspired pretty much from the jump. Again, I’m with you on these brother. Some might call the figures ‘91+ “random mutants”, but they were anything but random to me. I had a much deeper interest in the toy line than the cartoon. I think S7 has an engaged audience (quite a few that visit this forum) that are interested in seeing some pretty deep cuts with this line. Judging by the excitement Muckman has drummed up, I would expect to see a bunch more “random mutants” in the future. Well, here’s to hoping anyway.
SleepDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:31 PM   #1747
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
A turtle as in Mike, Raph, Leo, or Don. I wish it were Slash though.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:02 PM   #1748
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Isn’t S7 going by the ReAction line?.
No.

I bet "turtle variants" don't show up till a little bit later
Old 10-13-2020, 08:18 PM   #1749
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
he's confirmed for S7! they got the license.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Brian has already confirmed that Super7 has Usagi. Signed earlier this year. He'll be up for pre-order next year.

If wave 5 is the last I'd like:

Usagi
Man Ray
Triceraton
Don't care
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Beat me to the punch.

Also, I don't think Usagi is a "nightmare license". He appeared in multiple Playmates lines, the Nick cartoon, IDW's game... I think it's only a matter of time until he shows up in NECA's line.

Stan is cool like that. He wants fans to be able to access Usagi.

Holy ****! I hadnt seen that! Guess I will be short 1 nut in the coming months...

Cant wait though

Last edited by Coro; 10-13-2020 at 08:24 PM.
Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 11:34 PM   #1750
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
A turtle as in Mike, Raph, Leo, or Don. I wish it were Slash though.
Was that explicitly specified? All I remember him saying is something along the lines of "getting one turtle in per wave", which would allow for a cheeky interpretation of throwing Slash in as the turtle. Who knows! They've pretty much subverted every expectation I've had up until this point, so I guess we'll find out when the next line is unveiled. Speaking of which, when is that? Jan?
Old 10-14-2020, 08:27 AM   #1751
Chris
Mad Scientist

Yeah Brian did say a turtle in every wave but (if it's the Fwoosh interview we're referring to) then he actually said a turtle and a main villain in each wave so there's no hard rule here as wave 4 had no villains.

That said I do think we'll see a variant per wave starting with wave 5. I think under the original planned 5 waves there wouldn't have been, but once the sales came in and they knew the line was continuing they tweaked some of the line ups starting with wave 4 (spread the major villains out a bit, added in variants, etc)

I know some people are worried about all the crazy variants but really we're getting 3 waves a year from next year. It will take them over a year to do a full set of variants.

The first set is almost certainly the first vintage variants as they have the most nostalgia and most people remember them (plus Brian said look at the ReAction line and they're doing them there). After that, what else can be called "meaningful variants"? Movie Star is the one the comes to mind (as long as it doesn't affect the gentleman's agreement with NECA), Toon just seems unlikely to me, maybe TNM as that was a new series look for them (to me that's more "meaningful" than say military or Olympic Turtles but milage will vary on that). Whichever Super 7 decide to do, it would take 4 years to do 3 sets of variants so we'll be getting plenty of other characters along with them.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:09 AM   #1752
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Yeah Brian did say a turtle in every wave but (if it's the Fwoosh interview we're referring to) then he actually said a turtle and a main villain in each wave so there's no hard rule here as wave 4 had no villains.

That said I do think we'll see a variant per wave starting with wave 5. I think under the original planned 5 waves there wouldn't have been, but once the sales came in and they knew the line was continuing they tweaked some of the line ups starting with wave 4 (spread the major villains out a bit, added in variants, etc)

I know some people are worried about all the crazy variants but really we're getting 3 waves a year from next year. It will take them over a year to do a full set of variants.

The first set is almost certainly the first vintage variants as they have the most nostalgia and most people remember them (plus Brian said look at the ReAction line and they're doing them there). After that, what else can be called "meaningful variants"? Movie Star is the one the comes to mind (as long as it doesn't affect the gentleman's agreement with NECA), Toon just seems unlikely to me, maybe TNM as that was a new series look for them (to me that's more "meaningful" than say military or Olympic Turtles but milage will vary on that). Whichever Super 7 decide to do, it would take 4 years to do 3 sets of variants so we'll be getting plenty of other characters along with them.
I thought Brian said look what they’re doing with the ReAction waves in an interview. I don’t see S7 doing the Turtle Games, Bodacious Birthday, or Sewer Spittin’ Turtles, only the most meaningful ones, like you mentioned. What are the variants everyone wants to see? For me, it’s Shogun Turtles, Jim Lee Turtles, Movie Star Turtles, Storage Shell Turtles, Head Droppin’ Turtles, unmutated versions of the human Mutations characters (minus April, of course), and Wacky Action Turtles.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:45 AM   #1753
j3h
Hench Mutant

It’s super7...I can’t imagine they don’t have the universal monsters Turtles in mind at some point.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:46 AM   #1754
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Was that explicitly specified? All I remember him saying is something along the lines of "getting one turtle in per wave", which would allow for a cheeky interpretation of throwing Slash in as the turtle. Who knows! They've pretty much subverted every expectation I've had up until this point, so I guess we'll find out when the next line is unveiled. Speaking of which, when is that? Jan?
He said a "turtle" in every wave up till Wave 5 (which 5 waves were planned). Then, in his latest interview, the line is now planned up to wave 7 (of course it will go further than that). Variant turtles were asked about,but that doesn't mean variant turtles are now already coming in the next wave or waves. Still alot more important characters to do before, IMO stupid turtle variants.

I bet Slash is in Wave 5
Old 10-14-2020, 11:03 AM   #1755
mikey see
Mad Scientist

I'd guess they'll follow the same turtle sequence for the variants. So wave 5 will have Space Cadet Raph, wave 6 will be Samurai Leo, etc etc. But I'd be thrilled if Slash was the turtle in wave 5.

Quote:
What are the variants everyone wants to see?
I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, I'd be perfectly happy to not have any variants in this line, or at least until we're into wave 10 or so. At $45 apiece I doubt I would get any except for maybe the Movie Stars. At $30 I'd grab a few sets but I know that price point isn't realistic for this line.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 03:49 PM   #1756
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
He said a "turtle" in every wave up till Wave 5 (which 5 waves were planned). Then, in his latest interview, the line is now planned up to wave 7 (of course it will go further than that). Variant turtles were asked about,but that doesn't mean variant turtles are now already coming in the next wave or waves. Still alot more important characters to do before, IMO stupid turtle variants.

I bet Slash is in Wave 5
With the way S7 has been including 1990 characters in with the ‘88 and ‘89 figures, I could definitely see Slash as part of wave 5.

I think wave 5 will be
- Raph, the Space Cadet
- Krang with Mobile Life Support System
-Usagi Yojimbo
-Slash
Old 10-14-2020, 04:08 PM   #1757
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

I really wish there were more incentive for buying all four figures per wave as a set. Like, even $5-10 off the price if you bought them all individually. Seems odd that there's no sort of carrot like that. Who knows, maybe their sales are already better than expected.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 04:42 PM   #1758
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
With the way S7 has been including 1990 characters in with the ‘88 and ‘89 figures, I could definitely see Slash as part of wave 5.

I think wave 5 will be
- Raph, the Space Cadet
- Krang with Mobile Life Support System
-Usagi Yojimbo
-Slash
Kick out the turtle variant and add Leatherhead
Old 10-14-2020, 04:45 PM   #1759
italianice388
Stone Warrior

holy ****! you're a really trustworthy source - so if that's true...what a god damn wave!!! so excited.

any other info you can share with us, teemu? when to expect to see it? is leatherhead going to be redesigned to stand upright, or squat like the figure?
Old 10-14-2020, 05:31 PM   #1760
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Kick out the turtle variant and add Leatherhead
Wait! We’re getting Krang in the Mobile Life Support System and Leatherhead?! Awesome.