The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 08-17-2022, 06:58 PM   #1
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

What plushies do you have?

whether it's a big collection of teddy bears and pokemon or a stuffed animal you've had for years

here's a thread to talk about your plushies and stuffed toys
NeonTurtledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 07:34 PM   #2
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

I’ve got tons of stuffed animals, including TMNT ones. I don’t know why, but I’m obsessed with teddy bears especially.

I still have a rag doll that my parents gave me shortly after I was born.
Old 08-17-2022, 07:39 PM   #3
Leo656
The Franchise

When I was a kid I had tons. I live close to the Boardwalk (Keansburg, specifically) so we used to go there multiple times every Summer, and the crane games had an easily-exploitable flaw that made it almost impossible to lose. Years later they "fixed" it so they don't grab anything anymore, but back in the late-80s/early-90s you could clean up. I once came home with a whole ton of stuffed animals, mostly Loony Toons stuff.

Now I only have a few. A small Rainbow Dash, a larger Twilight Sparkle, a small Leonardo that my wife got me for a gift, and a stuffed fox that's identical to the one I had as a kid (which was probably my Very First Toy but I can't verify it). The original (which I think/hope I still have somewhere but can't find) was named Foxy, whereas the newer one I have dubbed "Rikki Foxx". He's usually right next to me at any given time when I'm posting, at least if I'm on the laptop.

As a kid, though, dozens and dozens. I never even wanted to get rid of any, but you know how it is. You get older, your parents give stuff away or throw it out without asking, sh*t happens.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 07:41 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

Not much. A couple Nintendo characters, Doraemon, & some TMNT. I really only like the little ones on beaded chains, or vintage Japanese UFO catcher plushes.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 07:51 PM   #5
Leo656
The Franchise

That reminds me, I *think* I have a stuffed Yoshi somewheres.

And I still have a stuffed Simba I got from Toys R Us like 20 years ago.

Old 08-17-2022, 07:58 PM   #6
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Not much. A couple Nintendo characters, Doraemon, & some TMNT. I really only like the little ones on beaded chains, or vintage Japanese UFO catcher plushes.
I have a plush Mario somewhere, what tmnt plushies do you have?
Old 08-17-2022, 08:00 PM   #7
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
When I was a kid I had tons. I live close to the Boardwalk (Keansburg, specifically) so we used to go there multiple times every Summer, and the crane games had an easily-exploitable flaw that made it almost impossible to lose. Years later they "fixed" it so they don't grab anything anymore, but back in the late-80s/early-90s you could clean up. I once came home with a whole ton of stuffed animals, mostly Loony Toons stuff.

Now I only have a few. A small Rainbow Dash, a larger Twilight Sparkle, a small Leonardo that my wife got me for a gift, and a stuffed fox that's identical to the one I had as a kid (which was probably my Very First Toy but I can't verify it). The original (which I think/hope I still have somewhere but can't find) was named Foxy, whereas the newer one I have dubbed "Rikki Foxx". He's usually right next to me at any given time when I'm posting, at least if I'm on the laptop.

As a kid, though, dozens and dozens. I never even wanted to get rid of any, but you know how it is. You get older, your parents give stuff away or throw it out without asking, sh*t happens.

I have some Looney Tunes plushies that I've had since I was a kid (Bugs,Daffy,Slyvester and Tweety Bird) but they weren't from crane games and I have my build a bear Pinkie Pie
Old 10-01-2022, 03:16 PM   #8
oldmanwinters
Overlord

So apparently there is a new toy called What the Fluff? Yeah, can’t see that causing problems when kids and parents try to communicate…

Just heard a commercial today and figured I’d listened wrong, but nope.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3g-_EWMUtk

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 03:43 PM   #9
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I don't actually purposely buy plushies, but I do have some box-shaped Ninja Turtles plushies and some Deadpool plushies that I've gotten with blind boxes over the years. Then there's the weird syphilis plushie I got in a Nerd Block that one time, still the weirdest item to get in a blind box ever.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2022, 04:42 PM   #10
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
So apparently there is a new toy called What the Fluff? Yeah, can’t see that causing problems when kids and parents try to communicate…

Just heard a commercial today and figured I’d listened wrong, but nope.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3g-_EWMUtk
That must be the one I saw an ad for a couple days ago... a nauseating-looking ball of fur with a face that's doomed to become an ignored, matted mess, and with a mental sigh thought, "this is the stuff that's marketed to girls..." It's like not even a whole creature, just the head of one. And then they take bad language and do a play on words to be...cute?

Granted we know a certain show that went with "What the shell," but a replacement for the word "hell" isn't nearly as bad as what "fluff" is replacing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonTurtledude View Post
whether it's a big collection of teddy bears and pokemon or a stuffed animal you've had for years

here's a thread to talk about your plushies and stuffed toys
So, so many. Clearly I will never be out growing them, I can't resist adding to the bunch if I come across one I can't leave behind, esp if it's cute and kind of unusual.

Newest editions to the group are a little plush chicken and capybara from a zoo gift shop. I've got everything from a "giant" squid (body of it prob between 12" to 14" so it's only giant in spirit) from a Smithsonian museum, to a large 2-headed snake from now deceased Toys R Us. Quite a few fish, some spiders, sting rays, snakes, a couple ghosts -- one I bought myself last year from Etsy and a smaller first attempt at one I was making for my nephew -- a couple pumpkins, an octopus and plenty others, including plenty of Ty. Of course some TMNT are in there.

Have a few of the oldies still hanging around. This little one now lives on a shelf, but used to occasionally accompany me to first grade. A tiny stegosaurus...still wearing a Barbie jacket for the last 37+ years. Kid me in a nutshell. lol (Though a little dish soap might benefit that jacket.)

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 01:23 AM   #11
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
capybara
My wife watches a ton of nature shows, and every time this animal is ever mentioned my stock joke is always, "More like a CRAPPY-bara!" and we both laugh way more than is necessary.

- I forgot that my wife has a couple of stuffed Gizmo dolls, one small and a larger one that "sings". She also has a "talking" Porg that she got right after The Last Jedi came out.

Zoe. HATES. The Porg. Sometimes we bring it out to mess with her and she's terrified of it! If she's on the bed with us, she will jump off and head straight for the door, looking back like "What the f*ck IS that?!" Especially if it's turned on and doing its stupid "chirp" or whatever, like she will leave a room immediately if she even sees the Porg but if it's making noise she gets scared and leaves even faster.

She seems to not like stuffed animals much in general. She definitely hates the Porg the most but the other ones we have also seem to vex and confuse her. I think it's because they resemble living creatures but have no living scent and are dead behind the eyes, it probably confuses the sh*t out of her. Poor thing.

- I forgot to mentioned that I was once "gifted" a stuffed Tinker Belle doll at a wrestling show I performed on. My wife let slip to the locker room that I have a SEVERE Tink fetish - it's bad, you guys! - and I was a bad guy that night so as part of an angle where I was given my comeuppance for being a douchebag, I was pummeled by one of the good guys with a stuffed Tinker Belle doll to the delight of the crowd. After the show nobody claimed the doll so I just kept it.

And no, I haven't f*cked it. That was my wife's first question when we got to the car that night, "How long before I catch you f*cking it?" She's a card.

Old 10-02-2022, 06:54 PM   #12
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
That must be the one I saw an ad for a couple days ago... a nauseating-looking ball of fur with a face that's doomed to become an ignored, matted mess, and with a mental sigh thought, "this is the stuff that's marketed to girls..." It's like not even a whole creature, just the head of one. And then they take bad language and do a play on words to be...cute?

Granted we know a certain show that went with "What the shell," but a replacement for the word "hell" isn't nearly as bad as what "fluff" is replacing.

So, so many. Clearly I will never be out growing them, I can't resist adding to the bunch if I come across one I can't leave behind, esp if it's cute and kind of unusual.

Newest editions to the group are a little plush chicken and capybara from a zoo gift shop. I've got everything from a "giant" squid (body of it prob between 12" to 14" so it's only giant in spirit) from a Smithsonian museum, to a large 2-headed snake from now deceased Toys R Us. Quite a few fish, some spiders, sting rays, snakes, a couple ghosts -- one I bought myself last year from Etsy and a smaller first attempt at one I was making for my nephew -- a couple pumpkins, an octopus and plenty others, including plenty of Ty. Of course some TMNT are in there.

Have a few of the oldies still hanging around. This little one now lives on a shelf, but used to occasionally accompany me to first grade. A tiny stegosaurus...still wearing a Barbie jacket for the last 37+ years. Kid me in a nutshell. lol (Though a little dish soap might benefit that jacket.)

https://i.imgur.com/kNgMALJ.jpg
Awwww, the stegosaurus is adorable, I have a few non-brand plushies, like I think I have a clownfish one somewhere and a rabbit, I used to put doll clothes on my toys too, like giving a bratz doll an airel fin, hasn't changed as for my course summer project I got my sonic plush to wear my shoes (he was a build a bear and I didn't have his sized shoes, but surprisingly he was able to fit mine, they were red trainers so they made for some suitable photos.
Old 12-31-2022, 09:25 PM   #13
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The newest member of the collection received as a Christmas gift, this chunky luna moth.

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 02:34 AM   #14
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I had:

Michelangelo
Pink Panther
Tom from Tom and Jerry
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote