The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 02-01-2022, 12:57 PM   #21
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsavage View Post
I mean, you could prevent people from calling oneself a Nazi by simply not using Nazi comics to make a point. And Stonetoss is a Nazi comic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/antifastone...oss_is_a_nazi/
Democrats are nazis.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 04:43 PM   #22
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsavage View Post
I mean, you could prevent people from calling oneself a Nazi by simply not using Nazi comics to make a point. And Stonetoss is a Nazi comic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/antifastone...oss_is_a_nazi/
All my beliefs are defined solely, because, I posted comic from some guy with bad beliefs.
Sure, mate.

I guess, if I post some relevant quote from Nazi or Commie leaders you immediately write me down as a member of KKK, Gestapo and Red Khmers (depending on your education or lack of thereof).

Of course, there is another idea: maybe you should grow up and stop being brainwashed NPC and stop judge people by every single think they do? Especially on Internet? I mean, of course, it breaks your infantile picture of the world divided into black and white, but, well, if you won't grow up, you might get stomped and used by others.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 05:21 PM   #23
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It's the black and white thinking that always gets me.

If you're vaccinated you're automatically a leftie..... even though there are a lot of vaccinated Republicans out there

If you're unvaccinated, naturally you're on the right, even though there are a lot of unvaccinated Democrats out there

If you like Biden you must surely be on the left, even though a lot of Democrats hate him too.

If you hate Biden surely you must be Republican even though again, a lot of Democrats hate him too.

It's like the color grey doesn't exist for these people.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 05:32 PM   #24
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Godwin's Law at it's finest. I've always felt cries, "You're a Nazi!" was a sign of a lost argument.
This. Quoted for truth. But the problem is that on an intellectual level you are right, but on a practical level it doesn't matter because of the left's onboarding and group think.

See, it used to be that the better part of the population lived and let lived and you'd let someone to their opinions. Everyone would turn out and vote and even if someone ran their mouth (i.e. "Nazi!") most people knew it was ridiculous. You could just remain silent on the nutjobs and get on with your life.

But it's different now. Someone screams "Nazi" and the like-minded, life-angry come crawling out of the woodwork and manage to ruin your job, life, etc through social pressure of all things.

So basically, I agree with you, but it doesn't matter because knowing this intellectually doesn't stop the actual action these people are now taking. At this point some amount of active conflict is fully warranted or you could be overrun by a literal hoard of leftist-zombies.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 07:35 PM   #25
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
This. Quoted for truth. But the problem is that on an intellectual level you are right, but on a practical level it doesn't matter because of the left's onboarding and group think.

See, it used to be that the better part of the population lived and let lived and you'd let someone to their opinions. Everyone would turn out and vote and even if someone ran their mouth (i.e. "Nazi!") most people knew it was ridiculous. You could just remain silent on the nutjobs and get on with your life.

But it's different now. Someone screams "Nazi" and the like-minded, life-angry come crawling out of the woodwork and manage to ruin your job, life, etc through social pressure of all things.

So basically, I agree with you, but it doesn't matter because knowing this intellectually doesn't stop the actual action these people are now taking. At this point some amount of active conflict is fully warranted or you could be overrun by a literal hoard of leftist-zombies.
That's true. Call people whatever you want, that's fine, but then having a hate mob actively try to ruin your actual life, as in offline, your actual job, death threats to your family, doxxing, etc. That's just going too far and something must be done about this.

If I ever had the power to do so, I'd shut down Twitter, no matter how many would cry that its unconstitutional and whatever else. It's gone.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 02-01-2022, 07:44 PM   #26
Leo656
The Franchise

The fact that someone in a board room decided to throw themselves a parade and tout that "We made the Green M&M about 7% less-slutty!" is, in a small way, indicative of Every Single Thing Wrong with the times we live in.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 04:31 PM   #27
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Came across this image and it reminded me of the M&Ms design upset.

Wonder if people freaked out in the periods he lost muscle definition and/or became less sexy (or not at all) or when they dared to cover more skin with shoes and pulled his leaves up higher over his right pec.

(Also, what is 1948 even doing?)

Companies commonly update their mascot designs though...

Imagine what we'd be stuck with if they didn't -- the Ronald McDonald of our nightmares.

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 02:04 AM   #28
Sumac
Banned

Its not about redesign themselves, but narrative about them.

Why candy mascot need to be "inclusive"? What the **** does it mean when it comes to animated candy characters? What does it change? What does it achieve?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 02:36 AM   #29
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm still pissed I can't get the Land O'Lakes squaw on the butter package to whip her tits out anymore.

Old 03-12-2022, 03:05 AM   #30
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Leave it to Leo to find the things that most of us miss in plain sight.

Also, our societies are wierd and the internet does confuse and / or corrupt.

Give it another few years. People will find something even more nonsensical to whine about.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 03:26 AM   #31
Leo656
The Franchise

You never knew about the Land O'Lakes butter lady?

Jesus, who raised you people?

So okay, TECHNICALLY they're her knees. You cut out the stick of butter she's holding up, fold the box a certain way so her knees are in the little hole, about where her chest would be, and it looks like she's happily presenting her bare tits for you. It was wonderful.

Then too many people started talking about it on the internet and the f*cking company changed the F*CKING packaging so you can't do it anymore.

Still... took a few decades before they got wise and ruined everyone's fun. Before that it was like a middle school rite of passage. "You hear how to make the butter lady show you her tits...?"

I swear everyone knew this stuff. There is no way it was just a NJ thing.

Isn't that awesome? C'mooooon. That's awesome.

The coincidentally-unfortunate shading on the knees, making them vaguely resemble her nipples, just puts it way over the top. But even without that... still pretty awesome.

*mumble grumble* Y'want some butter, huh 'Pocahontas'? Yeah... BET you do... *mumble grumble* Yeah, I know where you want that butter, you little c*ckteaser...

...........I will revisit this conversation at a later date.

Old 03-12-2022, 10:55 AM   #32
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Why candy mascot need to be "inclusive"?
So changing your shoes is "inclusive" now...

Used to be pushing to be "inclusive" would have had them adding yet another character to the lineup. Odd.
Old 03-12-2022, 12:20 PM   #33
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
So changing your shoes is "inclusive" now...

Used to be pushing to be "inclusive" would have had them adding yet another character to the lineup. Odd.
I guess there wasn't that much they could do. They already had a brown M&M, they don't have a white M&M to vilify, they already have 2 female M&M. So I guess... shoes it is?

Old 03-12-2022, 02:40 PM   #34
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Or... stay with me on this... that M&M believes in exercise and also owns a pair of running shoes because women are "complicated" like that.

edit: Come to think of it, I don't think she represents any particular M&M variety of her own. So if the brand made a "healthier" sugar free bag, in competition with Russell Stover's sugar free version (that my mom says are quite good), the Ms Green in running shoes would be a good fit.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-12-2022 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-12-2022, 08:40 PM   #35
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Still... took a few decades before they got wise and ruined everyone's fun. Before that it was like a middle school rite of passage. "You hear how to make the butter lady show you her tits...?"
Considering what the Starbucks mermaid is doing by spreading both fish tails, do you think that anyone would catch on to that too?

Quote:
I swear everyone knew this stuff. There is no way it was just a NJ thing.
I sure as hell didn't. Most of the kids that I knew were about as sharp as a baseball bat. They probably didn't know the Land-O-Lakes trick either.

Quote:
...........I will revisit this conversation at a later date.
Please do so!

~ John Adams
Old 03-12-2022, 09:07 PM   #36
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
Considering what the Starbucks mermaid is doing by spreading both fish tails, do you think that anyone would catch on to that too?
Trivia Fact: Whereas most mermaids smell like fish but taste like chicken, Starbucks Mermaids both smell and taste like six-dollar vanilla lattes. And it gets stronger the farther south you explore.

Isn't that neat? I think it's neat.

Old 03-12-2022, 10:06 PM   #37
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I dunno, that area would probably taste like clam meat more than anything.

I do love me a cup of joe. However, I would rather buy me a 12 oz bag of grounded joe for about $6 than buy a Tall for $6. Coffee beans are bliss too and respect to those that ground their beans.

Also, Starbucks is okay, but it doesn't much outside of okay for me.

~ John Adams
Old 03-13-2022, 12:23 AM   #38
Leo656
The Franchise

If I've ever had a Starbucks coffee, I certainly don't remember it and definitely did not pay for it.

There is a chance someone bought me one once upon a time on a move job but I doubt it. I sincerely think that I've never had a Starbucks coffee.

Furthermore, I kinda think that anyone who'd willingly pay $4 or more for a cup of coffee should probably be shot in the goddamn face.

Old 03-13-2022, 01:12 AM   #39
Prowler
Emperor

Starbucks is overrated as hell. Not to mention overpriced.

They started to open here around 15 years ago and the very few times I went into one, 90% of the customers were foreign tourists. Mostly from Asian countries. That should tell you how Portuguese people feel about Starbucks in general.

We don't like stupid fancy names for coffees. There aren't 50 different types of coffee. Ask for coffee in any regular cafe or restaurant here and they give you an espresso shot. That's coffee for us. We also recognise the existence of decaf, cappuccino and a couple of others whose names in English I don't know. But the fancy mumbo jumbo name coffee Starbucks sells isn't coffee. It's just overpriced juice with sugar and a tiny bit of caffeine in it. Might as well just buy Coca-Cola or Pepsi if you want that. Not to mention it's more affordable.

However, I don't mean to be 100% negative. Starbucks is indeed a clean and quiet place despite being rather crowded. You could very well do your homework or study there. But for that you'd need to drink their overpriced mediocre coffee and drinks or eat one of their overpriced mediocre sandwiches.

Here in the Old World we like small and family owned cafés in general. Big coffee chains like Starbucks that you have in USA, aren't much to our liking. It's a difference in philosophy and outlook in life between us. Not saying it's right or wrong. Just saying both places have different outlooks and preferences.

Perhaps some big coffee chains in USA are much better than Starbucks, but they don't seem to expand to Europe.

McDonald's and Bürger King have been a staple in European countries for a long time now and we've accepted them fine. It's not like we didn't have hamburgers and fries before. But the difference is, they're affordable places. They're not wannabe hipster fancy places for upper middle class snobs and 20 year old intellectual girls. They never tried to be the Apple of hamburgers and fries. They just straight up assume they're fast food. Starbucks thinks it's a lot cooler and better than it is. It's not.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 03:07 AM   #40
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
If I've ever had a Starbucks coffee, I certainly don't remember it and definitely did not pay for it.

There is a chance someone bought me one once upon a time on a move job but I doubt it. I sincerely think that I've never had a Starbucks coffee.

Furthermore, I kinda think that anyone who'd willingly pay $4 or more for a cup of coffee should probably be shot in the goddamn face.
Well I was gonna treat you to a frozen cappuccino, but now I'm not gonna.