The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-23-2014, 12:28 PM   #81
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
I hated her she was trying to be the fifth Turtle, why introduce Venus when there are so many other great characters? hell i'd rather Alopex, get on the team as long as she's not a Turtle, what happened with Karai in the Nick series, had a nice build up imo, alliance i love your idea!
ive been wanting to say this for a long time

Posts like this make me wonder how many of you will be sticking around after the movie airs

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:48 PM   #82
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
blaming a character to be doomed forever because of bad writing isnt fair to what someone with talent can do..ive seen and read fan art and fics that make venus an amazing character removing all those points people dont like
Precisely.

Quote:
Posts like this make me wonder how many of you will be sticking around after the movie airs
Not much really, I guess.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #83
Glados
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post

What does Venus have to do with how many people who will stick around after the new movie premiers...? I know what you are actually saying tho, but it's the same debate we've already been through several times (hurr, durr, not a true turtle fan), don't start it again, please!
Glados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #84
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Are you implying i'm not a true fan? because i will admit, part of the reason i joined was because at the time there was so much negativity, surrounding this movie, and Sam was the only one positive, so i joined partly because i wanted to weigh the negativity, but that doesn't mean i'm not a true fan! i bet i know just as much if not more about the Turtles than you, i grew up watching the 2k3 TMNT cartoon, TMNT and Spider-Man were my favorites, i have lots of merchandise from the 2K3 show, i have lots of merchandise from the Nick show as well, i even have some of the older MIrage comics, i don't really care for the IDW though, so yeah i guarantee i'll be sticking around after this movie comes out, so yeah no need to play the 'You're not a true fan" card on me.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #85
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior

I feel like every Venus thread is doomed to spiral out of control into one of these mindless finger pointing threads about true fans and all that crap. They're all the same, and all doomed to suffer from passionate "I know more than you" posts by someone who apparently knows it all but is incapable of writing a post that isn't plagued by terrible grammar and even worse spelling.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:24 PM   #86
Sumac
Banned

There is no such thing as "True Fan". We all the same fans of the franchise.

"True Fan" is distinction invented by snobby wannabe elitists, who don't have any other way to claim their superiority over the others, by wagging amount of merchandise they had bought or claiming that "you must LUV everythig about franchise, if you want to be a cool person like them".
In short - its ******** thing, which I strongly advise not to use in the future.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:55 PM   #87
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
Are you implying i'm not a true fan? because i will admit, part of the reason i joined was because at the time there was so much negativity, surrounding this movie, and Sam was the only one positive, so i joined partly because i wanted to weigh the negativity, but that doesn't mean i'm not a true fan! i bet i know just as much if not more about the Turtles than you, i grew up watching the 2k3 TMNT cartoon, TMNT and Spider-Man were my favorites, i have lots of merchandise from the 2K3 show, i have lots of merchandise from the Nick show as well, i even have some of the older MIrage comics, i don't really care for the IDW though, so yeah i guarantee i'll be sticking around after this movie comes out, so yeah no need to play the 'You're not a true fan" card on me.
never said the words "true fan"....people are putting it my mouth....but there is a greener word i am looking for...

i find it no coincidence that almost 90% of the people joined this board as recent as April 2014..call me a skeptic

but if we are playing the "How long youve been watching TMNT card" i have you beat by 1986 sonny... when did this become a measuring contest of how long our Bo's are?and i mean really are you calling out a dude named "The Boston Ninja Turtle"?

funny i get told iam not a true fan daily..someone even once Emailed me from this board and said because i didnt like the new movie i didnt deserve to wear the costumes..or in their own words "You don't deserve to wear the shell", yet i question a few posters longevity here and im labeled as telling people they arnt true fans

ANYWAYS ON TOPIC

i actually just had a convo with my GF about Venus in her own words she "Wishes the Fandom was more accepting of her, especially with the new show having so many younger female fans, it would be nice to have someone they could look up to or play as besides April and Karai, when all the boys are playing TMNT" and that "Aside from her Turtle boobs, she is one of the better designs that comes out of Next Mutation"

Last edited by The Boston Ninja Turtle; 07-23-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:18 PM   #88
Warhorse
Emperor

So, is Kevin Eastman now the go to guy when it comes to the movies and Nick's property as a whole? I was just wondering, wasn't he the one that created Venus to begin with? Wonder if maybe he might sweet talk the producers to include her into the next movie, or maybe even in the Nick toon.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:06 PM   #89
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior

Quote:
ANYWAYS ON TOPIC

i actually just had a convo with my GF about Venus in her own words she "Wishes the Fandom was more accepting of her, especially with the new show having so many younger female fans, it would be nice to have someone they could look up to or play as besides April and Karai, when all the boys are playing TMNT" and that "Aside from her Turtle boobs, she is one of the better designs that comes out of Next Mutation"
You guys sure take Your "Venus" Seriously. But wouldn't and female mutant do? Must it be Venus? I mean Someone before talked about rewriting her and changing the stuff most fans don't like about her. Which would pretty much make her a blank slate.
I think Mona Lisa herself was going to be a turtle, but one of the creators hated the Idea... Thus she's a lizard. And while I wouldn't call her a really well loved mutant, I do think she is more popular than Venus.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:14 PM   #90
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona_Lisa View Post
You guys sure take Your "Venus" Seriously. But wouldn't and female mutant do? Must it be Venus? I mean Someone before talked about rewriting her and changing the stuff most fans don't like about her. Which would pretty much make her a blank slate.
I think Mona Lisa herself was going to be a turtle, but one of the creators hated the Idea... Thus she's a lizard. And while I wouldn't call her a really well loved mutant, I do think she is more popular than Venus.
It is funny, how Mona Lisa, who was a one shot episode character I believe, was created more or less as a quick love interest for Raphael, and nearly everyone seems to love her. Venus though, gets the short end of the stick. I would say what turns me off about Venus is that she was mutated along with the boys, if I'm recalling the story correct, and I just don't think it jived for me to accept another Turtle during the same time the boys were growing. I liked the approach with Slash and Mona Lisa better.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:18 PM   #91
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
It is funny, how Mona Lisa, who was a one shot episode character I believe, was created more or less as a quick love interest for Raphael, and nearly everyone seems to love her. Venus though, gets the short end of the stick. I would say what turns me off about Venus is that she was mutated along with the boys, if I'm recalling the story correct
They never went into detail but i think it goes, Venus was in the bowl with the brothers and splinter missed her and she was wept away to china town

but again poor writing..imagine was could be done with better writing

Old 07-23-2014, 08:25 PM   #92
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior

Quote:
It is funny, how Mona Lisa, who was a one shot episode character I believe, was created more or less as a quick love interest for Raphael, and nearly everyone seems to love her. Venus though, gets the short end of the stick. I would say what turns me off about Venus is that she was mutated along with the boys, if I'm recalling the story correct, and I just don't think it jived for me to accept another Turtle during the same time the boys were growing. I liked the approach with Slash and Mona Lisa better.
Yeah, I agree... and even though common since would tell a person no, The 4 original turtles could not be blood siblings.... I still like to live in that fantasy world. And then all at once there is this chick (turtle) who is there sister... And everyone is crushing on her because there not blood related anyway so who cares!!! It was just wrong. Although it is starting to sound familiar...

Maybe mutant snake Kari will be called Venus, Lol!!! Jk! No one kill me!
Old 07-23-2014, 08:30 PM   #93
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Yeah, I agree... and even though common since would tell a person no, The 4 original turtles could not be blood siblings.... I still like to live in that fantasy world. And then all at once there is this chick (turtle) who is there sister... And everyone is crushing on her because there not blood related anyway so who cares!!! It was just wrong. Although it is starting to sound familiar...

Maybe mutant snake Kari will be called Venus, Lol!!! Jk! No one kill me!
Well, wasn't Venus's weapon the fan, and wasn't that the weapon Splinter was going to originally give to Karai?
Old 07-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #94
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Well, wasn't Venus's weapon the fan, and wasn't that the weapon Splinter was going to originally give to Karai?
sadly in show venus had no weapon..just magic balls

Old 07-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #95
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Wow you are right.... Since this post is all kinda hypothetical anyway I wonder how fans would react to that???? The ones that like her(Venus), and the ones that hate her???

Quote:
sadly in show venus had no weapon..just magic balls
We stand corrected... I only watched 1 ep. of the next Mutation....
Old 07-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #96
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
Wow you are right.... Since this post is all kinda hypothetical anyway I wonder how fans would react to that???? The ones that like her(Venus), and the ones that hate her???

We stand corrected... I only watched 1 ep. of the next Mutation....
That's weird. I see lots of fan pics with her and a Tesson. Maybe she was in some sort of comic where she had that weapon?
Old 07-23-2014, 09:13 PM   #97
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That's weird. I see lots of fan pics with her and a Tesson. Maybe she was in some sort of comic where she had that weapon?
her toy brought a fan and a few other weapons..i think that's why most associate her with it...i mean even i do when i draw her...but yea in show she just has the magic balls (teehee)

Old 07-23-2014, 09:18 PM   #98
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
her toy brought a fan and a few other weapons..i think that's why most associate her with it...i mean even i do when i draw her...but yea in show she just has the magic balls (teehee)
Yeah, considering this is the phase in the Turtles time where their Ninja culture was slowly getting wiped out due to censorship abroad, I can see why they didn't show her using a razor sharp fan.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:23 PM   #99
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

its true..i think raph was the only one with his regular sais

don had a tech bo, leo had a broadsword, and mike had tonfas

Old 07-23-2014, 09:40 PM   #100
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliance View Post
I think venus is AWESOME!!!!!

heres my idea:

venus comes out of no where and says to the turtles I'm Venus!!

Leonardo then pulls out his sword and Decapitates Venus immediately

Venus' head Drops to the ground like a brick..

Theres your return......

Im ashamed of some of the responses ive read on this thread..its like some of you WANT turtles to fail, this thread PROVES that some of u secretly want the turtles to be aliens, StarWars fans wouldn't put up with this sh*t but turtle fans will accept anything it seems, to me anyone who wants Venus in ANY form of existence is not a real turtle fan..

theres ENOUGH characters as it is so for someone to be up for this I find Disgusting, theres no more hard fans and protectors anymore youre all just gamers and ipod users and any form of anything you'd just gladly accept. I think a lot of you who'd want this probably would not make great parents..

Seriously dude - seek help.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
venus