The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-08-2020, 07:35 PM   #221
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

So I guess I should start by saying I dont really post in this section of the forum. I come here every once in a while for news but that's about it. Right now though I just need a place to vent where people might understand my frustration.
I actually work at Walmart and I've been tracking this casey jones set since it was first announced as a Walmart exclusive because I know first hand how much the company struggles when it comes to keeping products in stock. I put everyone I know in the electronics dept.on notice as early as April if they start seeing this stuff come in and I continuously checked the website hoping it would show up for pre order but nothing.
It was maybe 2 weeks ago I finally got the upc number only because someone posted it on reddit and I started to check daily in the scanner to see if my store had any coming in. There was nothing on it until the middle of last week when all of the sudden it showed it was already out of stock in the warehouses but we should be getting 2 in that upcoming Wednesday that being today.
I continued to check daily after that only seeing in transit with an estimated arrival of the 8th. That is until yesterday when after the daily delivery truck was checked in it popped up we suddenly had 2 in stock meaning it should be on that truck. So before I leave for the day I go to the unloading area and check the section for the electronics deliveries to see if I can find the box. Nothing there yet so I speak to one of the unloaders that I know pretty well ask if if they've taken anything to the floor yet. Nothing yet. He also tell me they've still got quite a bit to unload so its probably still on the trunk and its going to take them a while to complete it. I should add that when I check in the system now it says we're still scheduled to get 2 the next day and now another 2 the day after that. So with that knowledge I head home feeling pretty confident that at least one might be on the shelf in the morning since the stores about to close soon and even if theres not I apparently have 2 more chances.
I get there this morning check on the scanner again and of course both the ones we recieved sold somehow about an hour before closing. Still no big deal theres two more coming today and another 2 tomorrow right. The scanner says as much at least. I'm talking to my friend in electronics telling him what happened and he doesn't believe that they came in and sold that fast so I scan the label I've been carrying around in my pocket for a week now to some him and my face hits the floor. Now it says it's out in the warehouse again. Not only that but the 2 that it actually showed as in transit not 10 minutes ago have completely disappeared along with the estimated delivery for the 9th. Now that's been changed to the 22nd.I'm sure it's got to be a glitch. I mean how can something that apparently been in transit to a place suddenly disappear on the day its scheduled to arrive. I recheck on and off throughout the day but it never changes. So screw it. I decide to check the next closest store when I get off.
I get over there find the nearest guy with a scanner and ask him to scan my label for me. Theres apparently 2 in stock so I get to the spot where it should be and theres nothing there. So I ask the guy at the counter if he can check in the back since they might be on the truck I'm sure is being unloaded back there and he say hes sure they aren't because hes been checking all day.
So at this point I'm just like forget it. I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy from some dude on ebay. This entire experience is incredibly frustrating and increasingly aggravating when I think about how way it was to deal with gamestop
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 12:28 AM   #222
Don Leo Raphangelo
Mouser

15 mins after showing in stock on Brickseek at a near Walmart, I rushed over yesterday. You can tell the Neca section was just stocked, but no 2 packs. They wouldn't check the back and said that they must have been somehow stolen. I call for a manager and she also refused to look.

I called back 2 hours later and a different person said that ONE was stolen off the truck and that 2(isn't 2 per box? How the odd number?) will be on shelves in the morning. I show up at opening and nothing.

Shady. When a walmart employee can't even find one, Im done looking.

Last edited by Don Leo Raphangelo; 07-09-2020 at 12:33 AM.
Don Leo Raphangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 04:17 AM   #223
Juicexct
Mouser

We are still in the middle of a pandemic. Walmart employees who have had to work throughout all of this, do not care about your requests for action figures that might be in the back. Step back and look at the bigger picture.
Juicexct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 06:42 AM   #224
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicexct View Post
We are still in the middle of a pandemic. Walmart employees who have had to work throughout all of this, do not care about your requests for action figures that might be in the back. Step back and look at the bigger picture.
Dude I am a walmart employee who's had to work through this. I know first hand how stressful these days are but believe me when I say that the pandemic is the least of the reasons why this set is so hard to find unless its actively effecting how many Neca can produce.
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 10:56 AM   #225
Turnstone
Hench Mutant

As someone who unloads truck (not Walmart), they cannot be stolen off the truck. There are people that hide stuff like this behind other items in the store that just sit there until they get paid. Yes, that REALLY happens. Employees do get to cherry pick though. That is also a fact. I never buy more than one of anything though. It is the only perk of working a 3 am shift sometimes.

Last edited by Turnstone; 07-09-2020 at 04:39 PM.
Turnstone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 11:16 AM   #226
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

I tried using Brickseek yesterday as well. Checked off and on all day long and it showed Out of Stock everywhere in Oregon to Washington. About 6:45 PM our closest Walmart showed as having low stock. Drove out there and by the time I got there they didn't have any and all the Neca stuff was a mess. Brickseek still showed it as in stock so I am guessing someone hid them, was carrying them around or an employee put them behind the counter. We went as far as checking up and down other isles to see if someone had changed there mind and set them down somewhere else but no luck.
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 02:08 PM   #227
tmntfan4ever
Foot Soldier

Have any of u guys tried refreshing @ the store? I'm sure Randy said to keep refreshing and more should pop up...
Old 07-09-2020, 02:30 PM   #228
inaheap
Stone Warrior

Man it is really bad if even Walmart employees have to watch every box come off the truck to get one.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 05:04 PM   #229
Night Monkey
Random Punk

I really wanted to get these two packs. I never got a normal Raph head. This is worse than it was trying to get the animated series figures at Target. At least those were online and had the in stock notification (well, until the latest wave they did anyway). It wasn?t great, but this seems worse. Not offering them online especially during a pandemic is particularly confusing.
Night Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:52 PM   #230
Bluelightsaber
Thug

If everyone gave up collecting these.. well, nothing, they'd still sell out since they only made 3
Bluelightsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:43 PM   #231
tmntfan4ever
Foot Soldier

Walmart Casey Jones & Raphael in Disguise link

https://www.walmart.com/ip/7-Action-...ress/424098952 Looks like it's been removed
Old 07-10-2020, 09:14 PM   #232
TMNTFanatic4Life
Foot Soldier

I went to a Walmart that said limited stock and they had none...lol
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 11:42 PM   #233
King Kahn
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
I went to a Walmart that said limited stock and they had none...lol
Same here. I?m done looking. It?s too dangerous with COVID to be around all the mouth breathers at Walmart.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 06:19 AM   #234
Chris
Mad Scientist

Just picked up the 4 Turtles at a collector store here in the UK. Successfully convinced myself I didn't need them when the first hit but started to crack after Toy Fair. Finally broke this week. Can't wait to get home and open them up.

Edit - got them home and these guys are amazing! One of Leo's legs is stiff so I'll see if a little heat from a hairdryer loosens it up a little later, and there's a small factory defect on the top of Don's head, but other than that they are perfect. Can't believe I held off them before. So glad I changed my mind! Now to pre-order the Splinter and Shredder wave!

Last edited by Chris; 07-11-2020 at 07:55 AM.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 08:30 AM   #235
teemu
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
Same here. I?m done looking. It?s too dangerous with COVID to be around all the mouth breathers at Walmart.
Ridiculous
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 09:03 AM   #236
statik
Foot Soldier

Yeah all my local Walmarts suck and ghetto. That's Compton for you.

Tired of wasting my time especially with the covid factor and essential dead exhausted worker life. Put in a offer for $100 shipped on eBay, they accepted. It was $125.

I'll just have a International friend pick up the Tour turtles for me since I imagine it's gonna be the same trainwreck dealing with Target.
statik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 10:23 AM   #237
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

My Walmart is trashed and hasn't been restocked since XMas. There is a comic/collectibles store across the street so no chance lol.
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 01:47 PM   #238
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfan4ever View Post
The Link still works albet out of stock and it has 50 1 star reviews calling out Neca's ********

https://www.walmart.com/ip/7-Action-...ress/424098952

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 07-11-2020 at 01:58 PM.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 02:05 PM   #239
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

I guess they are on stores now!! Better start waiting at the loading dock!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154003833270

No barcodes shown
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 02:30 PM   #240
tmntfan4ever
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
I guess they are on stores now!! Better start waiting at the loading dock!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154003833270

No barcodes shown
Here we go again, bravo NECA, bravo🤦*♂️👏