The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-23-2003, 08:40 PM   #1
Aztec General
Mad Scientist

New Hallmark Movie News

Check out the Blast from the Past #67 under Woo Hoo #3. Laird says that they have made sculpts of the TMNT and Splinter for the live action movie on the Hallmark Channel!!

I wasn't even aware that this was confirmed. This is great news indeed.

Most of you probably know where to go to get to the "Blasts" but here:

www.ninjaturtles.com/

or
www.planetracers.com/blast/blast67.html
Old 01-23-2003, 09:35 PM   #2
Eye of Sarnath
Mad Scientist

Sweet! I didn't even know any work was being done on that.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:07 PM   #3
beaker
Hench Mutant

Eeesh....anyone else become less than excited when they hear the words TMNT and Hallmark together?

Why oh why did that cgi film have to be canned...and will Jim Henson Creature shop even be involved with this 'made for cable special'? Hopefully a theatrical film proper will be in production before too long...though I CANNOT see a TMNT film done without the Jim Henson Creature Shop.
Old 01-24-2003, 01:13 AM   #4
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant

Actually... I'm quite excited about this Hallmark mini-series. I think they can pull it off. No, I'm not too thrilled that Hallmark is producing TMNT, but I'm not gonna criticize it until I start seeing sneak peeks (like the toon).

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 04:26 AM   #5
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator

Why is it bad that Hallmark is doing the miniseries? I don't know anything about the company.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 07:06 AM   #6
Cherubae
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Why is it bad that Hallmark is doing the miniseries?
Hallmark is mainly a politically-correct-family-oriented channel. Lots of warm-fuzzy-feeling tv shows and movies. I don't see how the Turtles can even fit into there, although Hallmark does air Hawaii Five-O. That sort of surprises me.

I'm going to assume that if the Turtles air on Hallmark, it won't be "ninja kick butt action". More like "Leonardo, struggling with mixed feelings about his very existance, takes a enlightening journey as advised by his spiritual teacher, Splinter, and discovers the strength within himself to accept his physical beauty even though he may be viewed as grotesque by the rest of the human race."

- Cher
Old 01-24-2003, 07:23 AM   #7
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator

Oh.... Now I see... This is starting to worrie me...
Old 01-24-2003, 07:26 AM   #8
MzTheInsomniac
Stone Warrior

probably wont be much fighting either
Old 01-24-2003, 09:18 AM   #9
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior

Hallmark also did the recent Dinotopia Mega series. No comment on it though since none of the stories were based on the book. You do see some people get eaten by Dinos though. Anyway back to the topic. Why is this some made for TV movie? I thought John Woo signed up to do a CG movie? I know the CG TV SHOW was canned for a regular hand drawn show, but did the movie get cancelled as well? THAT WOULD SUCK!!!! I WANT THE 4th MOVIE!!

First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 09:29 AM   #10
Psycrow
Hench Mutant

The only thing we can do now is sit back and wait...
Old 01-24-2003, 09:59 AM   #11
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator

Actually, John wo was never goint to do it. It was misunderstood, they had a contract with Digital Rim(John wo is one of the main partners of the compnay) So some people tough that He was going to direct it, that's how the rumors got started. But unafortunately, the contract didn't work out in the end, and the CGI movie was scrapped. So did the CGI tv series.

At first it was said that the CGI on hallmark would combine CGI and Live action, and that Steve Barron would direct[ ] it, But im not sure if that is true anymore.

Is the hall mark really a channel that won't allow violent shows?
Old 01-24-2003, 10:13 AM   #12
Donatello
Stone Warrior

i have no real knowledge or opinion about hallmark, but due to peter laird's involvement in this next turtle era everything is looking for the better, the new toon already seems better than the old one, and i don't think laird would do a non-action tmnt mini-series
Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 10:48 AM   #13
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator

Well I think he is ready to make compromises to get TMNT in to air. But Im sure he wont let anything like Next mutation happen ever again.
Old 01-24-2003, 12:42 PM   #14
Dontebell
Stone Warrior

will the new mini series be a family show?
Dontebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 12:48 PM   #15
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator

Hopefully not...
Old 01-24-2003, 03:35 PM   #16
beaker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherubae
Quote:
Why is it bad that Hallmark is doing the miniseries?
Hallmark is mainly a politically-correct-family-oriented channel. Lots of warm-fuzzy-feeling tv shows and movies. I don't see how the Turtles can even fit into there, although Hallmark does air Hawaii Five-O. That sort of surprises me.

I'm going to assume that if the Turtles air on Hallmark, it won't be "ninja kick butt action". More like "Leonardo, struggling with mixed feelings about his very existance, takes a enlightening journey as advised by his spiritual teacher, Splinter, and discovers the strength within himself to accept his physical beauty even though he may be viewed as grotesque by the rest of the human race."
exactly. Im not interested at all in this...Hallmark? Sheesh...why not Fox? They are already on Fox?
Old 01-24-2003, 03:38 PM   #17
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator

Well they might Have Steve Barron directing it, That was said over a year ago, But then it was official. If he will do it, Im sure It can't be really bad. Is that hallmark channel really that bad? isn't there any action shows on the network?
Old 01-24-2003, 05:54 PM   #18
lhb412
Foot Soldier

I think they show the original He-Man and the Master of the Universe, and as TerranigmaFreak said earlier they did the Dinotopia series which was not that great story wise but had alot of action and great special effects.
lhb412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 05:58 PM   #19
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator

So It is possible that the New TMNT miniseries will be good. Especially if Steve Barron is directing.
Old 01-24-2003, 06:10 PM   #20
lhb412
Foot Soldier

Now we go on to discuss the possibilities of the film! If Steve Barron is directing, do you think he'll start from the begining with the origin (that would be cool), continue from the forth film (hope not), or (this is my favorite of the three posibilities) continue from HIS Turtle movie, forgetting 2&3.

Please, please let it be him directing! The first Ninja Turtle film is one of the best movies ever!
lhb412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cancelled media