The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 10-24-2020, 05:02 PM   #61
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
I'm pretty sure there's been at least a couple of instances of cursing in the series, albeit in a censored fashion with symbols replacing the word itself.
There was Raph yelling "Damn!" in the 1990 movie. and Raph in the 2014 movie saying "Were getting our asses kicked out there".
Old 10-24-2020, 06:23 PM   #62
hypered1
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
There was Raph yelling "Damn!" in the 1990 movie. and Raph in the 2014 movie saying "Were getting our asses kicked out there".
Ha, I'd forgotten about that moment in the 90's film, but I was referring to IDW specifically.
hypered1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 06:42 PM   #63
neatoman
Emperor

Seriously? The movie using "damn"? Boy, Tiger Claw, you really need to verse yourself... I mean seriously, here one of them is saying a little four letter word I can't even write here without triggering automatic censorship, and your example is the well known but mild one? Christ, we're on damn comic section and you didn't know about this one?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:52 PM   #64
lonewarrior20
Stone Warrior

i wonder who jennys gonna be taking on? a tmnt villian that she's never fought before, does that mean it'll be a new incarnation or one the turtles fought before her issue. this universe's version of baxter doesn't have a brother named barney does he? what if it's Dr. Cornelius Quease from the next mutation?

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics

lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:36 AM   #65
skylord
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I'm sorry, I just have to go on a tangent here, because things like this just irk me. Sorry in advance, I'm sure you didn't mean anything significant by it.
Ah yeah that was a bit uncool of me. I was in a bit of a rush and didn't have much time to respond. That post was mostly meant to be an apology for coming on a little too strong with counter criticism. Instead my humor came off as sarcastic insulting. I felt bad about striking a nerve and I'll curb my anti-criticism a bit until I've caught up.

I'm just used to more bad faith criticism on the internet as well. At least here people are more likely to actually explain their opinions when confronted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Plus, you're not without bias, as you yourself are a self-confessed furry.
This is true but I'm not blindly in love with every furry character. I really enjoyed Alopex as a foot clan member finding her way into the turtles family but since then she felt aimless (a problem many characters in IDW eventually find themselves in). I'm a sap who loves some romance but it could just use a little more substance.

I also love the term "self-confessed furry". It makes it sound so shameful. I'm gonna have to start using that myself.
skylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 12:07 PM   #66
Leo656
The Franchise

Happens to the best of us. So far I find you pretty even-handed. I just never miss an opportunity to rant.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 12:49 PM   #67
skylord
Random Punk

Hey ranting just provides an intellectual challenge. Navigating how to respond to a lengthy rant is fun. It sure beats responding to empty platitudes.
skylord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 03:25 PM   #68
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The second, even more unique (albino) of two new female turtles, is now taking center stage as a super special savior figure in a series where long-established characters are cast aside or neutered.

You say build-up, I say Deviantart.
To be fair that’s kind of the norm for these types of time traveler story. Either the person that’s a child or isn’t born yet (ie. Trunks) and they come to the past to prevent all the main characters from dying.

You can make the arguement that it should be one of the turtles, but I do feel like that would take away from the Last Ronin.

Last edited by Allio; 10-28-2020 at 07:06 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 08:06 AM   #69
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/if-yo...-by-2s-delays/

Add Last Ronin#2 to this. I want to read it now. The artist switch is the reason?
Old 11-13-2020, 09:24 AM   #70
AquaParade
Big Boss

Personally, I'm glad it won't be rushed. That said, it's a bummer and I feel like they risk losing the momentum they've gained attention-wise.
AquaParade is online now   Reply With Quote