The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-01-2020, 07:27 PM   #3801
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

One of my students got into their first choice school! They worked very hard for it, and I'm absolutely thrilled for them.

It's good to know that the world is still moving forward, despite the crappy times we're all in now.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:46 PM   #3802
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
One of my students got into their first choice school! They worked very hard for it, and I'm absolutely thrilled for them.

It's good to know that the world is still moving forward, despite the crappy times we're all in now.
Good for them. It can be difficult to remember sometimes that the world is still moving forward, given how dramatic things have gotten.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:43 AM   #3803
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower1985 View Post
You make some implicit points here... Hard times and really leaning on each other for absolute survival, taking care of each other through serious, dire situations, can create a bond stronger than cement. I think a lot of folks who get hitched in their twenties and are divorced soon after or even divorced into their thirties either see a marriage as something different than the ultimate commitment OR they just have never had the opportunity to really have those moments, those difficult times, where a bonding forges something unbreakable. Marriage is hard work and takes real effort sometimes... at times it can even be Hell, but, IF you're able to weather serious storms together, even in their worst times, my experience is that a bond is forged in stone that, even tho it may get put through an earthquake, it won't really ever break. But, it takes work. IF you see your marriage as the ultimate commitment, the one thing you cannot abandon, you have good chances at success.

The funny thing is, we met in high school as friends ( but not especiallyclose ones), got together about a year after graduation, and then had our (unofficial) handfasting (aka pagan wedding) about six months later. Meanwhile, we've seen many of our friends from back then marry, have kids, divorce, rinse and repeat. But we're still going strong after 20+ years.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 10:48 AM   #3804
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
The funny thing is, we met in high school as friends ( but not especiallyclose ones), got together about a year after graduation, and then had our (unofficial) handfasting (aka pagan wedding) about six months later. Meanwhile, we've seen many of our friends from back then marry, have kids, divorce, rinse and repeat. But we're still going strong after 20+ years.
Longevity might have something to do with it too, tho many people do divorce after decades. I am proud of you and anyone who can put in the effort and make it last. I love the idea of a Pagan wedding too. That's neat!
Old 12-02-2020, 11:10 AM   #3805
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Pagan wedding?

Pagans exist? Thought they were 16th century folklore. Well, you learn something new everyday am I rigit?

Must have been nice for a Pagan wedding.

*I just had to include that, my bad, my bad. Lol*
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:30 PM   #3806
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Ronin View Post
Extremely naked? Is she taking off her skin? There's just neked.

Quote:
Pagan wedding?

Pagans exist? Thought they were 16th century folklore. Well, you learn something new everyday am I rigit?

I know a few girls that are hardcore into the wiccan thing. Interesting people to know and hang out with. Let's just leave it at that.
But the point is that there are a lot of people out in society doing their own thing. Paganism is alive and well in the some circles.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 08:40 PM   #3807
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

As an addendum about longevity in relationships, I found this...

Anyway... happy maker: WE MADE Brownies tonight! WHOO!
Old 12-02-2020, 08:53 PM   #3808
Leo656
The Franchise

Workouts are coming along nicely. Seem to be putting some size back on. Hopefully the gut will shrink accordingly.

I started taking Nugenix a couple weeks back to help with that, then switched to Nugenix Ultimate when the first bottle ran out. It does seem to be helping a little bit; I generally do feel like I have more energy and I'm getting through my workouts easier, recovering faster, pushing more weight, all that. It's only been about three weeks and apparently it takes at least that long to start having any noticeable effect, but I do feel better than I did before. So that's good. Sh*t's expensive, though.

Gotta do somethin'. At my age a guy needs all the help he can get. And I really don't wanna have to start getting testosterone scripts from the doctor, but if I wanna wrestle a few more years that might be inevitable anyways.

I'unno, doing alright at the moment. Some "side effects" though; the other night I woke up with a semi that could'a tore a hole in the mattress. A few people warned me that might happen. Boy, does that take me back.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:25 PM   #3809
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Workouts are coming along nicely. Seem to be putting some size back on. Hopefully the gut will shrink accordingly.

I started taking Nugenix a couple weeks back to help with that, then switched to Nugenix Ultimate when the first bottle ran out. It does seem to be helping a little bit; I generally do feel like I have more energy and I'm getting through my workouts easier, recovering faster, pushing more weight, all that. It's only been about three weeks and apparently it takes at least that long to start having any noticeable effect, but I do feel better than I did before. So that's good. Sh*t's expensive, though.

Gotta do somethin'. At my age a guy needs all the help he can get. And I really don't wanna have to start getting testosterone scripts from the doctor, but if I wanna wrestle a few more years that might be inevitable anyways.

I'unno, doing alright at the moment. Some "side effects" though; the other night I woke up with a semi that could'a tore a hole in the mattress. A few people warned me that might happen. Boy, does that take me back.
Sounds like you're coming back to what you used to be. Hopefully you used what you had that night. In the words of Jack Nicholson, "Never waste a hard-on."
Old 12-02-2020, 09:48 PM   #3810
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Turkish getups, man. They pull everything in and the stabilizer strength sets you up to pick up any amount of weight in a variety of positions. Turkish getups with a kettlebell.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:52 PM   #3811
Leo656
The Franchise

Hah. My back and the 9 months of physical therapy last year say kindly get f*cked with that, sir.

Old 12-02-2020, 10:11 PM   #3812
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Hah. My back and the 9 months of physical therapy last year say kindly get f*cked with that, sir.
HAHAHAHAHAHAA

Okay, no prob.
Old 12-02-2020, 10:21 PM   #3813
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah turns out wrestling is bad for you. Nobody told me! They said it was fake but I'm still waiting for that to actually start.

Oh, no, wait... the guy who broke me in literally said "You've gotta be f*cking brain dead to do this sh*t." Nevermind!

Old 12-03-2020, 07:11 AM   #3814
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Pagan wedding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post

I know a few girls that are hardcore into the wiccan thing. Interesting people to know and hang out with. Let's just leave it at that.
But the point is that there are a lot of people out in society doing their own thing. Paganism is alive and well in the some circles.

Ah, yup! We Wiccans are alive and well ere in the 21st century, and we are everywhere. I myself am Wiccan/Celtic Shaman, which means I basically follow the Celtic deities and shamanic practices of that culture, though I also mix in the Greco-Roman pantheon and occasionally a few others as need arises. Particularly fond of Bastet, she's easy to call on and quite responsive. Plus, it doesn't hurt that I'm a cat person anyway, lol.

Oddly enough, another one I seem to have an affinity for is Anansi. I get along well with spiders, enough so that even the venomous ones will leave me alone even if they are on me. It's happened a few times, look down and spot a recluse on my arm or hand, and it just ignores me completely. Not saying I let them do it, but I live in a region where they are very common, so.... But apparently Anansi has declared me spider-friend, so they don't bite.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:10 AM   #3815
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

HAPPY MAKER: NOTHING!

Nothing is making me happy today. F*CK TODAY!
Old 12-03-2020, 11:29 AM   #3816
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sounds like fun. I myself had intended to go out for a little grocery and gift shopping, but the stomach decided to have other plans to stay home. (At least it's not a work day...) And now that sees to have finally settled I know the store I wanted to hit is probably already too crowded to bother with. Grr.

Happy maker... uh... putting Christmas lights on the front window and Dollar Tree actually had the suction cup hangers -- I haven't been able to find those anywhere else! -- so hopefully they'll hold and not come off.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:44 PM   #3817
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Ah, yup! We Wiccans are alive and well ere in the 21st century, and we are everywhere. I myself am Wiccan/Celtic Shaman, which means I basically follow the Celtic deities and shamanic practices of that culture, though I also mix in the Greco-Roman pantheon and occasionally a few others as need arises. Particularly fond of Bastet, she's easy to call on and quite responsive. Plus, it doesn't hurt that I'm a cat person anyway, lol.

Oddly enough, another one I seem to have an affinity for is Anansi. I get along well with spiders, enough so that even the venomous ones will leave me alone even if they are on me. It's happened a few times, look down and spot a recluse on my arm or hand, and it just ignores me completely. Not saying I let them do it, but I live in a region where they are very common, so.... But apparently Anansi has declared me spider-friend, so they don't bite.
LOL that's cool. I mean... that's not my thing but I don't frown on your thing at all. Although I will say that historically I seem to get along with Wiccan women more readily than their male analogs.... for.... reasons. And leave it at that.

On another note, man I've got stories about Brown Recluse. The things I've seen first hand with those.... don't mess with them, it's not worth it.

Quote:
HAPPY MAKER: NOTHING!

Nothing is making me happy today. F*CK TODAY!
Dude. Brother. I got you.
Just go watch Indiana Jones, man! BOOM! Problem solved.
Old 12-04-2020, 04:15 PM   #3818
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

I made $900 cash today! HAPPY MAKER... built one of those kit laptops for a guy and man, did he have a tall order. 2 TB SSD, Intel 10.5 processor, AMD Graphic Analyzer Sub Card... the works. He paid me cash and walked out of the place like he was god's gift to the planet (we met @ a restaurant).

Anyway, I got my $$$$ and he got his custom laptop.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:36 PM   #3819
Leo656
The Franchise

A few games I ordered from China and Japan showed up today, completely unexpected. I hadn't even gotten any notification that they'd been sent out. Neat!

Also had a good day at the gym but that's like a "good job doin' what you're supposed to do" thing.

Old 12-04-2020, 08:08 PM   #3820
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Quote:

Anyway, I got my $$$$ and he got his custom laptop.
Jesus, you giving out custom lapdances?

Edit: Yeah I read that wrong my bad, that's on me and my perverted mind.

Carry on.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote