The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-02-2017, 07:28 PM   #81
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
That was awesome. Loved all the callbacks to the show.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:33 PM   #82
ssjup81
Foot Elite

So, there's a chance of us getting an actual sixth season which I never did give my opinion on. I think bringing the show back and having it take place after TJM would be very awkward since the dynamic between Arnold and Helga would have to definitely be changed since by that point, their romantically liking of one another would be mutual. For the first movie, Arnold gave Helga an out so she could take everything back regarding her confession...that wouldn't be the case this time around.

Maybe episodes taking place before it would be better and I'd be all in for that. They could even maybe subtly hint at Arnold falling for Helga on a conscious level as opposed to its being subconscious like the original series seemed to be doing.

If we do get another season and it takes place after TJM, I would look forward to seeing Arnold interacting with his parents. Maybe have an ep where Arnold feels cramped (and guilty for feeling this way) since his parents would want to make up for lost time and probably spend a lot of time with him.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:47 PM   #83
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
So, there's a chance of us getting an actual sixth season which I never did give my opinion on. I think bringing the show back and having it take place after TJM would be very awkward since the dynamic between Arnold and Helga would have to definitely be changed since by that point, their romantically liking of one another would be mutual. For the first movie, Arnold gave Helga an out so she could take everything back regarding her confession...that wouldn't be the case this time around.

Maybe episodes taking place before it would be better and I'd be all in for that. They could even maybe subtly hint at Arnold falling for Helga on a conscious level as opposed to its being subconscious like the original series seemed to be doing.

If we do get another season and it takes place after TJM, I would look forward to seeing Arnold interacting with his parents. Maybe have an ep where Arnold feels cramped (and guilty for feeling this way) since his parents would want to make up for lost time and probably spend a lot of time with him.
6th season possibility? First I have heard. Not sure about it. For example for years I wanted a Full House project feeling it really needed a reunion tv film not a full blown successor series. I do believe the narrative and product would have served it better. I ferl this is the same case for Hey Arnold! It really needs a TV film while not a reunion, but a wrap up which reunion films often serve as.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:04 PM   #84
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
6th season possibility? First I have heard. Not sure about it. For example for years I wanted a Full House project feeling it really needed a reunion tv film not a full blown successor series. I do believe the narrative and product would have served it better. I ferl this is the same case for Hey Arnold! It really needs a TV film while not a reunion, but a wrap up which reunion films often serve as.
Well, it's just a rumor that's been going on since it was announced they were bringing this back and with all these reboots coming about, it's not surprising that people feel that we may finally get one for this series. Personally, I consider April Fool's Day and The Journal as season 6 since they were produced so far after the first movie and season 5. lol

But anyway, I agree that the movie should be enough to tie up loose ends, but it would also be nice to see how Arnold adjusts to finally having parents around. Will he stay in San Lorenzo with them, or would they all return to Hillwood?

I was speculating hypothetically. You know, a "what if" thing if they actually do decide to do another season of the series.

Hm, if they do do another season, what would you all want to see or expect to see?
Old 09-30-2017, 05:22 AM   #85
ssjup81
Foot Elite

So, on October 6, there will be a trailer shown at NYCC. Looking forward to it!
Old 10-02-2017, 09:24 AM   #86
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
So, on October 6, there will be a trailer shown at NYCC. Looking forward to it!
Oooh, so close

Hopefully it will be an actual one. Last time it was flashbacks, it was cute but still. Been dying for this film for years
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:31 PM   #87
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
Oooh, so close

Hopefully it will be an actual one. Last time it was flashbacks, it was cute but still. Been dying for this film for years
Is it wrong that I'm more excited about NYCC Hey Arnold news than my actual birthday?
Old 10-03-2017, 06:01 PM   #88
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Is it wrong that I'm more excited about NYCC Hey Arnold news than my actual birthday?
I am looking forward to Thanksgiving so I can see the proper Hey Arnold! finale! Not for family or time off, or shopping, or football, or turkey, or anything else. So no.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:35 PM   #89
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
I am looking forward to Thanksgiving so I can see the proper Hey Arnold! finale! Not for family or time off, or shopping, or football, or turkey, or anything else. So no.
I'm excited for that too...just hope it gets leaked online so I can actually watch it and buy it on DVD, somehow, later on.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:00 PM   #90
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I'm excited for that too...just hope it gets leaked online so I can actually watch it and buy it on DVD, somehow, later on.
I do not know how (region 3 is it?) in Japan would do. I have been saving Digimon Adventure Tri that way. A nostalgia fest that completes a want from childhood. Wait until the proper DVD release instead of waiting a subtitle translation. Small spoilers though? Bring them on! Anyway, please post the video of the Hey Arnold! sneak preview as soon as its out there on the net!
Old 10-05-2017, 03:06 AM   #91
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
I do not know how (region 3 is it?) in Japan would do. I have been saving Digimon Adventure Tri that way. A nostalgia fest that completes a want from childhood. Wait until the proper DVD release instead of waiting a subtitle translation. Small spoilers though? Bring them on! Anyway, please post the video of the Hey Arnold! sneak preview as soon as its out there on the net!
I have a region free player, but I just figured I'd use Amazon for something like that.

I hope they mention some Arnold x Helga stuff. What is going to make Arnold consciously fall for her and openly acknowledge it? ><

As for his parents, I like the mystery behind it. I don't mind not getting a spoiler for that yet since that's a major plot point.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:55 AM   #92
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Arun Mehta did his yearly Hey Arnold anniversary podcast with Craig Bartlett and of course they talked about TJM.

Craig also mentioned that they're going to make their own 108 facts list for Nick Splat since they apparently didn't like the 107 Facts Channel Frederator did. He also mentioned there will be three TJM trailers.
Old 10-06-2017, 12:09 PM   #93
ZariusTwo
Overlord

And here's' the first trailer

Spoiler:
Presumbly, the bit where Helga confesses to Arnold, the howl of anguish, and then throwing the locket into the sea all happen chronologically after the other. Arnold probably rejects Helga here, but there is hope later on with the trailer when we hear Arnold say "I didn't want to hurt you", maybe indicating he didn't want to tell Helga how he truly felt.

Though Gerald's really surprised Helga's helping Arnold? When she helped them in the last movie?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:27 PM   #94
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Another trailer...everyone's pissed off at Arnold!

Old 10-06-2017, 10:45 PM   #95
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Before I comment, I must say this....Arnold and his classmates are so brave! I'm not a superstitious person, but I would make an exception for Eugene. I would NEVER step foot on a plane if Eugene was one of the passengers.
lol
Quote:
And here's' the first trailer

Spoiler:
Presumbly, the bit where Helga confesses to Arnold, the howl of anguish, and then throwing the locket into the sea all happen chronologically after the other. Arnold probably rejects Helga here, but there is hope later on with the trailer when we hear Arnold say "I didn't want to hurt you", maybe indicating he didn't want to tell Helga how he truly felt.

Though Gerald's really surprised Helga's helping Arnold? When she helped them in the last movie?
I don't think we really need a spoiler for this trailer, but anyway,
Spoiler:
it wouldn't surprise me if it was a temporary rejection or either a misunderstood one. He probably doesn't have time to worry or think about something like that when his parents are the focus. There has to be some kind of conflict between them two for this film. Maybe Helga was going to confess again in the "heat of the moment" since everything regarding FTi at that point still hasn't been discussed? Maybe they were all about to be attacked or something and it just came out.

As for the thing you said about Gerald...there's that strong possibility that Arnold never brought up that Helga was Deep Voice from the other film and that she did help them. Maybe Gerald never fully questioned it. That aside, it is still surprising why or how anyone could think that Helga hates Arnold at this point. If Helga was as bad as she acts like she is, no one would be friends with her nor would she get invited to things, like Rhonda's parties and I would expect her to be shunned by her entire class for group events, like their baseball games. It also makes me wonder if she's actually ever hit or beat up any of them aside from Harold or Brainy. I'm just thinking of episodes like Helga vs Patty. Arnold went to bat for her. He even suggested to Helga to avoid being beaten up she should try to be a friend to Patty. Helga reminded Arnold that Patty hated her and Arnold was like, "She just doesn't know you". Jeez, sounds like some kind of friendship to me for him to even say something like that, or either he views her as one on some level. As Arnold's best friend, seems Gerald would notice something like that. If the one being bullied doesn't fully believe (or act like) that the bully hates him, seems the best friend should get a clue too.

There were eps where she's helped out Arnold before, like the float episode. She got the money so that their class could build Arnold's design, which he was grateful for. Even at the end, she pretty much got her father to credit Arnold. This was all openly done. So yeah, that's why at this point, I don't see how anyone could believe that Helga legit hates Arnold or has trouble helping him if needed. Arnold knows she puts up a mean front, which is what he told Patty and why she probably did so that she wouldn't beat up Helga and Phoebe knows this too as she's her best friend. If Helga truly hated him (or any of them for that matter), why would she voluntarily hang around them or why would they voluntarily hang around her?

Okay, that aside, I liked this trailer okay. It does have me curious...like Helga ripping up her picture and tossing the locket, the part with Miles and Stella's painting on the wall and stuff. I also can't help but wonder why Eduardo's picture was ripped. I hope he doesn't turn out to be La Sombra and that he was always plotting against them. Oh, I am also dying to know what conflict there will be between Arnold and Gerald. Gerald seemed upset during that one part over something Arnold didn't share with him.

Personally, I like the second trailer more and I guess it's because it's more character driven. Loved Phil giving Arnold that jungle advice. lol I can't help but wonder what in the world bit Eugene for him to swell up so much and poor Rhonda. That humidity did a number on her hair. I can relate. I feel her pain. lol

I wonder when the third trailer will be coming out.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:55 AM   #96
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Yeah, sorry for the spoiler talk, it was just in case anyone was going into this movie blind and not wanting to see anything before it.

The Bartlett interview you posted was really fun...I sometimes felt sorry for Craig being subjected to questions like "what do you think of adult fan art", which led to some really inappropriate jokes from the host. Bartlett is very open to this stuff, and I'm glad he finds amusement in fan theories. Too bad he's not been swayed on Rhonda and Curly though
Old 10-07-2017, 12:00 PM   #97
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

HAHA I must have watched these trailers a millions of times by now, the first ones my favorite. Man looks awesome, you have no idea how much I'm looking forward to this

Wonder why Helga throws her locket into the river? That can't be good, I hope he doesn't reject her in that scene and it just gets interrupted

That's right, I've been a Helga / Arnold shipper forever

You have no idea how disappointed I was when I heard this film was supposed to air but got cancelled but eeeeeee

Animation looks beautiful FYI.

Edit;

There's supposed to be a third trailer tonight but I'm afraid to check it out, I was to be surprised some what when it airsXD
Old 10-07-2017, 12:37 PM   #98
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Yeah, sorry for the spoiler talk, it was just in case anyone was going into this movie blind and not wanting to see anything before it.

The Bartlett interview you posted was really fun...I sometimes felt sorry for Craig being subjected to questions like "what do you think of adult fan art", which led to some really inappropriate jokes from the host. Bartlett is very open to this stuff, and I'm glad he finds amusement in fan theories. Too bad he's not been swayed on Rhonda and Curly though
Yeah. It's nice that he's cool with that stuff but yeah, once you see some of that stuff, you can't unsee it he said.

Oh and yeah, poor Curly...he'll never get with Rhonda unless it's through blackmail again.

Quote:
HAHA I must have watched these trailers a millions of times by now, the first ones my favorite. Man looks awesome, you have no idea how much I'm looking forward to this

Wonder why Helga throws her locket into the river? That can't be good, I hope he doesn't reject her in that scene and it just gets interrupted

That's right, I've been a Helga / Arnold shipper forever

You have no idea how disappointed I was when I heard this film was supposed to air but got cancelled but eeeeeee
I ship Arnold x Helga way more now than I ever did back then. If that isn't dealt with or resolved in this film, then Craig is a huge troll. He's said for years in TJM that Arnold would reciprocate her feelings. I couldn't see him changing that. I think there's going to be a misunderstanding in some way. He knows the girl doesn't hate him and realized she's all talk even before her confession in the first movie. He can't be that dense at this point..distracted yeah...probably...

Going back to this show, I still say that Arnold has had a thing for Helga subconsciously as far back as season 1...Valentine's Day ep. Cecile (Helga) asked Arnold if there was any girl he especially liked in his class that was smart, funny, and beautiful. Arnold thought for a moment, laughed and smiled and said Helga. Then he said she bugged him sometimes. It's odd to mention her based on that question. lol

Last edited by ssjup81; 10-07-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:46 PM   #99
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

I remember reading those interviews, yah you know how many fans will be hurt if the pairing doesn't become canon in the film. He also said in another interview about the April Fools episode how Arnold was actually flirting with Helga and knew about her feelings from the first film, I think if I remember right he said the April Fools episode takes place after the first film.
Old 10-07-2017, 12:52 PM   #100
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
I remember reading those interviews, yah you know how many fans will be hurt if the pairing doesn't become canon in the film. He also said in another interview about the April Fools episode how Arnold was actually flirting with Helga and knew about her feelings from the first film, I think if I remember right he said the April Fools episode takes place after the first film.
Yeah, he was flirting...disturbingly well. Dark Arnold was unleashed. lol That episode and the Journal take place after the first film.

Tags
hey cuck!