The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 08-21-2020, 08:45 PM   #21
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
From Arkham series I liked Asylum the most. Best setting, best story, best fighting system.

City felt bloated and story was crap, Origins had the best gameplay and story, but city looked like crap and Knight was a bloated mess with too much focus on a batmobile and nonsensical storyline.
Same. Even though it?s smaller/contained on an island, it was very interesting. Asylum >>>
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 11:38 AM   #22
AquaParade
Banned

Trailer didnt excite me. No playable Batman is a bold move, but I'd only be interested in that if I can eventually take on the mantle.

Other then that, the game looks less atmospheric than the Arkham games and more arcade-like. This doesn't look great to me. Excitement deflating.

And they even have Batgirl with a Bat-cycle. I'll stay open-minded as my expectations may be getting in the way, but it's safe to say this isn't what I hoped to see.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 11:59 AM   #23
Diorm
Hench Mutant

I'll try to find a video of the gameplay that was showed.
Looks like drop in drop out coop online.

Last edited by Diorm; 08-27-2020 at 07:29 AM.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 01:01 PM   #24
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Gameplay

Last edited by Diorm; 08-27-2020 at 07:33 AM.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 01:54 PM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yeah... eh. Doesn't seem very focused. Also, not sure about a new Batman game where you can't play as Batman.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 03:24 PM   #26
Turo602
The King of Kings

The Batman Arkham games have been some of my most favorite video games in recent times, and as much as I wanted and was looking forward to more of that gameplay and formula, whether it was in the Arkham universe or not, I'm okay with this too. I love the Bat-Family and as long as no one is filling in for Batman like rumors suggested, then I'm cool with it. As someone who has wanted more co-op games this generation, I'm definitely gonna have lots of fun with this.
Old 08-23-2020, 12:48 AM   #27
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
The Batman Arkham games have been some of my most favorite video games in recent times, and as much as I wanted and was looking forward to more of that gameplay and formula, whether it was in the Arkham universe or not, I'm okay with this too. I love the Bat-Family and as long as no one is filling in for Batman like rumors suggested, then I'm cool with it. As someone who has wanted more co-op games this generation, I'm definitely gonna have lots of fun with this.
Aside from wanting more co-op games, pretty much this. It's refreshing to get a game that isn't Batman centered, though I'm not convinced we won't play as him at some point and calling it right now that Bruce fakes his death to investigate the Court of Owls. It looks like it incorporates some gameplay elements of the Arkham games though it seems like it's more focused on combat than stealth which somewhat worries me the latter will get little focus. Also wasn't impressed with what little we saw of the Mr. Freeze fight. Especially compared to both his fights from City and Origins and imo, the latter which was developed by this studio had the best boss fights.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:05 AM   #28
Sumac
Banned

It doesn't look bad, but I'd prefer if it had a weightier combat.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:17 AM   #29
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I feel like Batman is going to be playable once you completed all the characters stories.

Kinda like how they did Ada Wong in Resident Evil 6 as a secret unlockable character complete with her own story.

So probably it’ll explain why Batman did it if they go that route.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:09 AM   #30
AquaParade
Banned

I want a Batman game with the best controls and animation possible. Something like Metal Gear Solid 5 or The Last of Us 2.
I love how in control you feel when playing those games and how dynamic the encounters can be with all the options at your disposal.
When you feel that level of control, you feel like you are in the shoes of the character, and that is exactly what we want from a Batman game.
Rocksteady was certainly on this path, but I feel like they begun to rest on their laurels when it came to stealth and combat mechanics when they could have chosen to innovate more.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 11:22 AM   #31
sdp
Megan Fox = April

We've had plenty of Batman games, I'm glad to be able to get a game of the bat family, I've wanted one forever since the last few B:TAS games we got on the PS2 era. And yes I'm sure Batman will be unlockable for those who can't live without him for one game.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 12:54 PM   #32
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Rocksteady was certainly on this path, but I feel like they begun to rest on their laurels when it came to stealth and combat mechanics when they could have chosen to innovate more.
IMO, Rocksteady stopped adding new things to the gameplay after Asylum. In City they made a world bigger. Batmobile in AK felt like a crutch, since they couldn't figure out how to update combat.

Origins tried to add some new ideas, in particular adding new enemies and good boss battles, but the game felt a bit behind in other aspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I've wanted one forever since the last few B:TAS games we got on the PS2 era.
Are you talking about Batman: Vengeance? I've played this game back in 2005. It was mediocre, IMO, in particular when it comes to a camera.
Old 08-23-2020, 01:52 PM   #33
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Rise of Sin Tzu, it wasn't particularly amazing but it gave bat family action so as far as a PS2 era licensed title it was alright.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 05:53 PM   #34
Leo656
The Franchise

Sweet Lord, MGSV is one of the best-playing games I've ever had my hands on. I lost count of how many times I replayed entire huge sections I'd already beaten just because they were so much fun to play. People can rip that game off all they like, I won't complain.

Yeah, I bet they'll have a playable Batman as some kind of unlockable, or worst-case an entire DLC "campaign". SOMEthing. There's no way they do a Batman-related game without letting you play as Batman at some point.

Vengeance was okay. Definitely some camera and control issues, but it was arguably the best Batman game we'd had by then, although that wasn't saying much. I never played Sin Tzu, I heard it was really bad so I didn't bother with it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 11:01 PM   #35
Sumac
Banned

Never played Rise of Sin Tzu. I've heard it was worse than Vengeance, so didn't bother.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:07 AM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So the new Suicide Squad game is in the Arkham game universe... but Deadshot is black and is Floyd Lawton?

https://cosmicbook.news/suicide-squa...1qTa1fJgygqu18
Old 08-24-2020, 03:10 AM   #37
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

The story about Batman dissapernace is the same as the new Batwoman tv series that started on November. Only this time instead of Batwoman it is Batgirl Robin e.t.c. who became the heroes of Gotham. Gameplay looks the same as the other Arkham games except the rpg elements but iam sure it will be a great game and we will enjoy it a lot! And if you havent watched Batwoman yes then i recomend you to start watching it. 20 episodes have aired until now https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batwoman_(TV_series) and i have watched all of them. It is more violent and than any of the Batman series and also it has many new characters that diddnt appear on the Batman series and comics.
Old 08-24-2020, 05:21 AM   #38
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
And if you havent watched Batwoman yes then i recomend you to start watching it.
Oh, hell no.
Old 08-24-2020, 05:24 AM   #39
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Oh, hell no.
I know, right? It's like the second time he said that. I'm like "Are we just gonna allow this, or is someone gonna regulate?"

I mean, I can't ALWAYS be The Guy. Thanks for steppin' up.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 05:29 AM   #40
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I know, right? It's like the second time he said that. I'm like "Are we just gonna allow this, or is someone gonna regulate?"

I mean, I can't ALWAYS be The Guy. Thanks for steppin' up.
It's not even something that's watchable. If Supergirl on the CW is like the beta of what the Berlanti crew always wanted to see, with all the other shows taking a beating on the brow to 25% measure up... Batwoman is, again, the magnum opus and always has been. Pass.