The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2022, 04:14 PM   #21
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 13,846
I find it less insulting as a fan and more insulting as someone who wears them that Hollywood doesn't feel that the "cool" people can ever have them. Not that Donnie isn't cool, but since they keep digging deeper on the "nerd" stereotype with it...


If film makers feel they must give a Turtle glasses, I'd rather someone be original and have one of the other three briefly whip out a pair of reading glasses at the lair. (Though that makes more sense for Turtles who are allowed to be older and not stuck in having to focus on the "teenage" part of the title.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 08:21 PM   #22
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOnWheels View Post
Calm down. It's a silly decision, not a hate crime.
If someone sees something they don't like, it's okay to express what bothers them about it. That's part of being a fan.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 08:26 PM   #23
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 26,746
I love how the New Guy claims to have lurked here forever, and yet comes right in the door asking us to express ourselves in a reasonable and non-hyperbolic fashion. "Do you even Technodrome, bro???" This place is like the f*cking Mos Eisley Cantina except everybody's way more surly (and some are way more drunk).

And giving Donnie glasses may not in and of itself be "a hate crime". But the BayTurtles design, which gave birth to the whole idea... yeah, those designs (and those movies) WERE in fact a hate crime. To disagree is to simply be wrong. That sh*t was assault and I'm still waiting on reparations.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 10:31 PM   #24
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,533
Has he asked us to express ourselves? I thought he was just trying to get us to embrace all things turtles regardless if they're good or bad. I wasn't paying much attention.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 11:41 PM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 25,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Has he asked us to express ourselves? I thought he was just trying to get us to embrace all things turtles regardless if they're good or bad. I wasn't paying much attention.
Sounds like 8 of the 12 last FAKE users here before they inevitably went nuclear.
__________________

"And we love ya for it!" - Coola Yagami

"No. You don't. " - superstaff
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 12:38 AM   #26
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
What bothers me most is how lanky these turtles are, like they starving. Even in other lighthearted incarnations like FW, the turtles are well built and look ready to fight.

These guys look like they would get killed from slipping on a banana peel.
That's honestly my biggest gripe with the designs. They already said they were trying to highlight the TEENAGE part in TMNT and that definitely comes through in the designs. They look frail, dorky, and awkward.

Seth Rogen has had his hand in teenage films and most recently did that Good Boys movie before he was announced for this project and based on these designs, it's very apparent they're playing up that ONE aspect, which is stupid because they're not normal teenagers and never were.

Just because real teenagers wear glasses, have braces, and look awkward doesn't mean MUTANT TURTLES who were trained to be NINJAS their whole lives would display the same characteristics as a normal human teenager raised in a normal society.

The turtles are athletic by the very nature of their training and also disciplined. Yes, they can act a fool, but physically and mentally, they'd be way ahead of your average teenagers.
__________________
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 12:41 AM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 25,144
Good Boys was hysterical. But that doesn't mean a TMNT anything should be that.
__________________

"And we love ya for it!" - Coola Yagami

"No. You don't. " - superstaff
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 05:37 AM   #28
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Sounds like 8 of the 12 last FAKE users here before they inevitably went nuclear.
Or those users on TMNT social media pages that will say "I love TMNT" or "all versions are awesome."
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 04:12 PM   #29
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
That's honestly my biggest gripe with the designs. They already said they were trying to highlight the TEENAGE part in TMNT and that definitely comes through in the designs. They look frail, dorky, and awkward.

Seth Rogen has had his hand in teenage films and most recently did that Good Boys movie before he was announced for this project and based on these designs, it's very apparent they're playing up that ONE aspect, which is stupid because they're not normal teenagers and never were.

Just because real teenagers wear glasses, have braces, and look awkward doesn't mean MUTANT TURTLES who were trained to be NINJAS their whole lives would display the same characteristics as a normal human teenager raised in a normal society.

The turtles are athletic by the very nature of their training and also disciplined. Yes, they can act a fool, but physically and mentally, they'd be way ahead of your average teenagers.
I feel school and such is a big part of being a teenager. Who your friends are, if you're cool or not, if you can get laid, as well as not respecting authority and the whole 'parents just don't understand maaaan' thing.

The turtles don't coexist with other teenagers and have to worry about being popular or whatever. They've been trained since birth to be ninja masters to either kill shredder, self defense or whatever. They don't live a regular human life.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 04:28 PM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 25,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I feel school and such is a big part of being a teenager. Who your friends are, if you're cool or not, if you can get laid, as well as not respecting authority and the whole 'parents just don't understand maaaan' thing.

The turtles don't coexist with other teenagers and have to worry about being popular or whatever. They've been trained since birth to be ninja masters to either kill shredder, self defense or whatever. They don't live a regular human life.
"But they should still behave exactly like normal human teenagers!"
__________________

"And we love ya for it!" - Coola Yagami

"No. You don't. " - superstaff
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 05:16 PM   #31
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 26,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
"But they should still behave exactly like normal human teenagers!"
"Because that is how we SEE OURSELVES in the material because that is THE most important thing above all else."
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 06:03 PM   #32
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 8,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
"But they should still behave exactly like normal human teenagers!"
Yeah... Indeed. Say it with me:

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are mutant turtles, they are fundamentally not human beings, the teenage part only refers to their chronological age being between 13 and 19. Expecting them to be like humans aged 13 to 19, when their biological maturation rate is inherently a mystery, is nonsense.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 06:18 PM   #33
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 26,746
"buT wE NeED tO SeE OuRSelVeS rEpREsEntEd iN tHe mATeriAl! hOw cAn wE EveR rELATe tO tHeSe FiCTioNal cHArActeRs uNlEss tHey aRe ExACtlY LiKe uS?!1!?!"
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.