The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-10-2021, 02:09 PM   #61
CyberCubed
Overlord

Mondo and Mutagen Man have been absent this whole time, haven't they? We've seen Ray and Herman with Hob, and Sally is here. I don't remember if Pigeon Pete was shown.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 02:35 PM   #62
hypered1
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Mondo and Mutagen Man have been absent this whole time, haven't they? We've seen Ray and Herman with Hob, and Sally is here. I don't remember if Pigeon Pete was shown.
Post #100 Pete has only appeared in silhouette on #112's cover as far as I can tell.
Old 06-10-2021, 02:43 PM   #63
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by puirnaut View Post
I hope that never happens. Raph/Mona fans will never forgive Sophie for this.
I was on the Raph/Mona bandwagon, But I think Donnie/Mona makes more sense since they both love science.
Old 06-10-2021, 02:59 PM   #64
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Issue 117 just gave us a new ship, And its official.

Spoiler:
Old 06-10-2021, 03:27 PM   #65
Leo656
The Franchise

I'd like to see the numbers with regard to the amount of TMNT fans who were ever like, "I like TMNT, generally, but what it REALLY needs is a bunch more lesbos."

I mean c'mon. Nothing "wrong" with it but was THAT the missing piece holding the franchise back from "greatness" all these years? Kinda don't think so.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 03:42 PM   #66
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I was on the Raph/Mona bandwagon, But I think Donnie/Mona makes more sense since they both love science.
This is a bit prosaic. In real life lovers don't always share their interests.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:07 PM   #67
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
This is a bit prosaic. In real life lovers don't always share their interests.
Very true. The people who think otherwise are either extremely lucky or probably haven't been in a lot of relationships (or any).
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:21 PM   #68
staypuftweepel
Foot Soldier

I think the worst thing about that shot of all the people in Lita’s future is that it has so many of These mutant town characters that I don’t like at all. They’re going to be here for the foreseeable future unless Lita’s future Is a different timeline. I just want to get past Mona Lisa, the blue toad, Jennika and the pig, the weasel kids, and move on out of here.
staypuftweepel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:44 PM   #69
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's quite possible Lita's future timeline isn't going to be the one the present Turtles head to. That would mean any future writers are locked into what is set-up here, but I don't think they have to do that. The future also looks like some kind of paradise for mutants to live freely, and I don't think we'll be seeing that anytime soon.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:45 PM   #70
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

I noticed that 7 of the mutants, including Lita, have pink face paint. I wonder what that's all about? A new ninja clan maybe?

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:48 PM   #71
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I suspect maybe... 35-50% of that future montage isn't anything with plans of any kind attached to it. It is either "maybe" or hypothetical or fishing to see what fans like or an option for what a future writer could utilize (or not).

If I were to speculate.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 05:25 PM   #72
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's quite possible Lita's future timeline isn't going to be the one the present Turtles head to. That would mean any future writers are locked into what is set-up here, but I don't think they have to do that. The future also looks like some kind of paradise for mutants to live freely, and I don't think we'll be seeing that anytime soon.
I'd change "quite possible" to "stinking of never happening" but otherwise I'd mostly agree. Such a future would kill any possibility for continuation, which simply isn't going to happen for a comic like this.

Earth will probably remain mostly human until the end of the series, I seriously doubt mutants, aliens, robots and whatever else will ever be that commonplace in this series.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 05:45 PM   #73
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

That future can still happen, Keep in mind Future Lita came from the year 2040, Her actions in 2021 has created this new timeline where the Turtles and everyone she knew are alive.

There is the inevitability that by the year 2040, There will be more mutants then what you have in 2021.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:01 PM   #74
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
That future can still happen, Keep in mind Future Lita came from the year 2040, Her actions in 2021 has created this new timeline where the Turtles and everyone she knew are alive.

There is the inevitability that by the year 2040, There will be more mutants then what you have in 2021.
Or the EPF engineers a virus that kills all the mutants. Or the Technodrome starts working again and earth is fully transformed into New Utrominon, thus killing most of them. Or the Mutants are all cured by Ylyntian crystals or something. Or it turns out Hob did something wrong and the mutants need a second injection to maintain the mutation. Or even more basic than any of these, the Ooze runs out and it simply becomes impossible to make more.

Why do you have this stupid and narrow view of what could happen? Basically anything could happen in this series, it's basically part of the premise of the genre.

And probably more to the point, if Mutant Town was never written with a way out, then that would be breaking one of the big no-no rules of ongoing comic books: Never write yourself into a corner.
Hahahaha!
Old 06-10-2021, 06:05 PM   #75
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Or the EPF engineers a virus that kills all the mutants. Or the Technodrome starts working again and earth is fully transformed into New Utrominon, thus killing most of them. Or the Mutants are all cured by Ylyntian crystals or something. Or it turns out Hob did something wrong and the mutants need a second injection to maintain the mutation. Or even more basic than any of these, the Ooze runs out and it simply becomes impossible to make more.

Why do you have this stupid and narrow view of what could happen? Basically anything could happen in this series, it's basically part of the premise of the genre.

And probably more to the point, if Mutant Town was never written with a way out, then that would be breaking one of the big no-no rules of ongoing comic books: Never write yourself into a corner.
The future is very far off and things could still lead to that, Anything that happens now will still cause this inevitable future.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:22 PM   #76
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
The future is very far off and things could still lead to that, Anything that happens now will still cause this inevitable future.
  1. First off, we already know the future isn't set in stone here. We literally had a mini dedicated to explaining that. I mean shiet, even this depiction of the future is proof of that.
  2. Secondly, the fact that it is far off means the opposite of what you seem to think it means. The more time you have the more chances you have of deviating from that future.
  3. Thirdly, and I can't believe I have to bring this up again, this is an ongoing comic book. The writers are never, ever going to make sure the story can only head in one direction. Whatever is written has to allow for contiuation.

I don't know how you can even think like this about any fiction. You have to ignore what the story you read told you, ignore what these types of comics always do and even ignore basic cause/effect logic.
Hahahaha!
Old 06-10-2021, 06:26 PM   #77
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
  1. First off, we already know the future isn't set in stone here. We literally had a mini dedicated to explaining that. I mean shiet, even this depiction of the future is proof of that.
  2. Secondly, the fact that it is far off means the opposite of what you seem to think it means. The more time you have the more chances you have of deviating from that future.
  3. Thirdly, and I can't believe I have to bring this up again, this is an ongoing comic book. The writers are never, ever going to make sure the story can only head in one direction. Whatever is written has to allow for contiuation.

I don't know how you can even think like this about any fiction. You have to ignore what the story you read told you, ignore what these types of comics always do and even ignore basic cause/effect logic.
I don't think it will deviate from it considering the future we saw is 19 years from now. No matter what happens, Any event or incident, 19 years from now it will be that future.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:37 PM   #78
Leo656
The Franchise

Part of me always tunes out a little bit with any sort of "future-set" or "future-exploring" comic book stories for that exact reason. At BEST, any of it can only be hypothetical.

Not to mention, no matter HOW popular any prospective "Future Timeline" is, there's always going to be a very vocal subset of fans who either hate it outright, or like it fine in its own "box" but absolutely do not want it to be the "canon" future. "The Dark Knight Returns" and "Kingdom Come" are probably the two most popular "Possible Future" stories ever put into print, and two of the most popular comic book stories period... but very few fans actually WANT either of those possible scenarios to become "Hard Canon".

Add in the whole Doc Brown "The Future hasn't been written yet" rule and the knowledge that pulling a single thread can change an entire timeline anyway, every time they do some kind of "Future" story there's only so much emotional investment one can muster. "This is definitely gonna happen, you guys! ...Unless it doesn't. But RIGHT NOW you should totally care a whole lot!" Like, why? Odds are good that whatever possible future they show isn't gonna happen, for various reasons.

What If stories are fun. But knowing those future scenarios are not gonna ever get to happen 99% of the time makes it hard for me to ever get excited for them. Especially if they go on for a while. It starts to feel like wasted real estate. "Sure are spending a lot of time on this thing that's never, ever gonna become Status Quo... why bother?" Y'know?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 06:41 PM   #79
lonewarrior20
Stone Warrior

i think doc brown said it best. 2:42

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 06:49 PM   #80
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
I don't think it will deviate from it considering the future we saw is 19 years from now. No matter what happens, Any event or incident, 19 years from now it will be that future.
... I'm sorry, what? This is a contradiction in your logic and a blatant one at that. If something as extreme as the earth getting blown up or as simple as any of the characters shown died in between now and then, then obviously that future doesn't come to pass.

And why the hell do you think 19 years is a relevant amount of time? If anything happened that would alter the course I don't see why it would matter if it was 19 years into the future, 19000 years into the future or 19 hours into the future.

It just seems like you were so pleased by seeing this particular future that your mind simply can't accept the possibility that it won't come to pass, that it creates these bizarre contradictory non-arguments that build on nothing more than your cozy feelings.

You haven't backed up your claims with anything. Not the established rules of this fictional universe or even basic logic, if anything it just contradicts what we know.
Hahahaha!