The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-01-2023, 03:41 AM   #801
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Reports are coming that in the latest re-edit, Keaton and Supergirl have been removed from the ending
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 10:05 AM   #802
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Trailer out Super Bowl Sunday
Old 02-10-2023, 11:15 AM   #803
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Rumours are saying that Gunn's DC Batman will appear in The Flash movie, and it's potentially boiling down to two candidates

Spoiler:
George Clooney or Christian Bale
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 11:32 AM   #804
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Rumours are saying that Gunn's DC Batman will appear in The Flash movie, and it's potentially boiling down to two candidates

Spoiler:
Grace Randolph is the one saying this and she has a terrible track record. Not to mention Gunn and other directors have called her out on her BS

Old 02-10-2023, 11:34 AM   #805
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'd say there's a good chance of that being true.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 11:36 AM   #806
CyberCubed
Overlord

Clooney is way too old and from the most hated Batman movie of all time. But Christian Bale returning would be weird to me as well, and retroactively make people think the Nolan trilogy is connected to these new movies.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 11:50 AM   #807
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Clooney is way too old and from the most hated Batman movie of all time. But Christian Bale returning would be weird to me as well, and retroactively make people think the Nolan trilogy is connected to these new movies.
No one's going to think that. It's a big multiverse movie. That'd be one of the universes.
Old 02-11-2023, 07:22 PM   #808
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post

Spoiler:
James Gunn Debunks Grace Randolph's stupid rumor

Quote:
CharChar?
CharChar?
@CharCharMan1

Replying to
@JamesGunn

Does this mean were still getting an actor who has already batman or were getting a new actor all together?

James Gunn
@JamesGunn
Replying to
@CharCharMan1
and
@xdroid2022
New actor.
https://twitter.com/JamesGunn/status...46989756252160
Old 02-12-2023, 04:07 PM   #809
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

This looks ****ing great. Keaton is back baby

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 02-12-2023 at 04:13 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 04:47 PM   #810
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I think seeing Keaton donning the cape again might be the only reason for me see to this film. Now that Batgirl has been canceled, this film will be his only return to the part after 31 years. However, I'm sure that DC wouldn't rule out bringing him back for more appearances if this return is truly triumphant. I believe the little of Affleck we saw might be his only scene in the film unless he came back for reshoots, which I doubt.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 05:04 PM   #811
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I have to admit... I got chills there.

And was that not Affleck in the cowl in a few shots there? That wasn't only Keaton.

Also, separate thought. If they reshot the ending of Aquaman 2 to remove the Keaton Batman and to replace it with the Affleck Batman... what are they going to do now? Just remove the whole scene entirely? Or will they reshoot it a second time with who will be the new DCEU Batman?
Old 02-12-2023, 05:07 PM   #812
AquaParade
Banned

Told y’all it was fine.

It was Affleck in all the bike shots and then again later on. Looks pretty darn good to me. I liked It part 1, and this has a similar vibe but obviously with DC elements.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 05:16 PM   #813
Turo602
The King of Kings

Any of the excitement I could have felt by this has all been sucked away by all this DC bullsh*t. Feels so pointless and wasted. They could have given a proper send off to Henry Cavill's Superman here, but instead Supergirl is forced into this.
Old 02-12-2023, 05:39 PM   #814
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Any of the excitement I could have felt by this has all been sucked away by all this DC bullsh*t. Feels so pointless and wasted. They could have given a proper send off to Henry Cavill's Superman here, but instead Supergirl is forced into this.
You have to remember this was written and filmed back when Cavill and WB were at an impasse in contract negotiations and the plan (at the time) was to leave the door open for him and Affleck to both return in a Crisis on Infinite Earths movie a few years down the line should they want to/should contracts get worked out.

This film was originally due out last year before they decided to do a fuller reboot.

That all said, man is it good seeing Keaton suit up again!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 05:41 PM   #815
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Footage of the 89 Batmobile and Keaton with long hair showing where the batsuits are stored
Old 02-12-2023, 07:09 PM   #816
AquaParade
Banned

I’m creamin over how great the blue and grey look on Affleck’s suit.
Old 02-12-2023, 07:45 PM   #817
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
This reflects my sentiments as well. Especially against that $#!( slate announcement using DC's "dork-well" of F-listers.

And now we'll get to see Bale again as Batman - doing that weird elbow throwing fighting that would get anyone's ass completely handed to them anywhere.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 10:26 PM   #818
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I think we'd all be a ton more excited about this if this wasn't obviously a Flash actor that can't possibly continue as Flash. And what a mess to even consider where things go from here, whether it is a hit or a flop. And it's probably going to do OK.
Old 02-12-2023, 10:41 PM   #819
AquaParade
Banned

That’s only true if your only investment in this film is in its sequels. I’m fine with this just being one good movie, if that’s all it is. There’s a whole new slate after this and a giant reset. It’s about time, so that’s fine with me.

I’m sure you’re not alone but that’s how I see it.

Yeah, I think it’ll do okay too. Who knows how big a success but I think it’ll at least make some profit. Far from the trash fire that was being predicted just a few weeks ago.
Old 02-12-2023, 10:59 PM   #820
Turo602
The King of Kings

It's hard to view this as just "one good movie" because it's clearly not a standalone film. This isn't like the Raimi Spider-Man films or the Keaton Batman movies that can exist in their own bubble. This is an event film that can only exist as part of a larger universe.

Zod's presence here is just a reminder of a world that barely started and is now being erased. People can't just ignore that. Same with Ben Affleck's Batman who we know won't exist after this and for what? A Flash actor nobody likes right now and Supergirl? The fact that Michael Keaton's return as Batman is muddled with all this sh*t is really sad.

As poor of a secret it was, it says a lot that Marvel didn't rely on Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield for No Way Home's marketing, meanwhile Michael Keaton is the only saving grace for this nothing of a film.