The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-04-2023, 06:56 AM   #201
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

My main problem with race swapping is the people who want it tend to sound more racist than than the people who are against because they're racist. And also it's only surface level. Like if I made April black that kinda changes her upbringing a tad. An American Irish woman wouldn't grow up the same as an African American woman in most scenarios.
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 08:19 AM   #202
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
How can you race swap a new character?
My mistake, I've meant, that the better way to add diversity is to create a new character.
Fixed.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 03:45 PM   #203
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Someone on Reddit claimed Rogen described the music "like a Tony Hawk soundtrack."

Two questions... Any idea where they got that from? A search isn't bringing anything up.

And wtf is a "Tony Hawk soundtrack" supposed to even mean?

Of course the initial statement in the post couldn't actually clarify that. Commenters seemed to be mentioning a game, or assuming, but finding no actual source or info on this comment from Rogen...just mentioning a soundtrack with some skateboarder's name means diddly squat to me and certainly doesn't offer any idea of what KIND of music that even is.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 05:05 PM   #204
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Someone on Reddit claimed Rogen described the music "like a Tony Hawk soundtrack."

Two questions... Any idea where they got that from? A search isn't bringing anything up.

And wtf is a "Tony Hawk soundtrack" supposed to even mean?

Of course the initial statement in the post couldn't actually clarify that. Commenters seemed to be mentioning a game, or assuming, but finding no actual source or info on this comment from Rogen...just mentioning a soundtrack with some skateboarder's name means diddly squat to me and certainly doesn't offer any idea of what KIND of music that even is.
It means a lot of Indie rock music.

If you ever played any of the Tony Hawk Pro Skater games, Its filled with a lot of indie rock type music.
Old 02-07-2023, 05:32 PM   #205
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
It means a lot of Indie rock music.

If you ever played any of the Tony Hawk Pro Skater games, Its filled with a lot of indie rock type music.
Thank you, never had interest in those kinds of games, so "indie rock" is far more descriptive.
Old 02-07-2023, 06:03 PM   #206
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Thank you, never had interest in those kinds of games, so "indie rock" is far more descriptive.
There is also some hiphop music as well, Some indie and some well known artists.

Look up Tony Hawk Pro Skater soundtrack on google, You'll find some examples of the music, So its anything from Rock to hiphop.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 02-07-2023 at 06:10 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 12:59 PM   #207
Sumac
Banned

I always thought Tony Hawk games included lots of popular rock tracks of the time.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:07 PM   #208
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The last skating game I played was Skate or Die 2. Highly underrated.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 02:22 PM   #209
IMJ
Emperor

I've played two skateboarding games in my life.
Skate Or Die on the NES which was like a brief cultural phenomena at the time
Tony Hawk's something or another on PS2. Explicitly because Iron Man was a playable skater in it, which was a big deal at the time because back then Iron Man wasn't in anything.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 06:00 PM   #210
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:

I saw a clip on Twitter of him on some sort of skating podcast when this topic came up.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 06:11 PM   #211
beardcore84
Foot Soldier

God people, the source was on the reddit post itself:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TMNT/commen...mutant_mayhem/

And Tony Hawk games aren't full of "indie rock". It's a mix of radio rock, punk rock, and hip hop.

If you want an idea just listen to the Tony Hawk Pro Skater soundtrack on Spotify/Youtube etc.
beardcore84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 07:53 PM   #212
Vegeta
Hench Mutant

Lot of ska in the Tony Hawk soundtracks, adding that besmirched dead genre to the soundtrack would be a decent topping for this **** sandwich.
Old 02-08-2023, 08:33 PM   #213
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Race-swapping is lazy and even insulting to minority groups, which is why only woke people are doing it, as ironic as that sounds. Plus, what’s the point of making her both black and fat? I thought we were done with Mammies. Guess not.

Also, in regards to the history of black April, read this:
http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2018/...-black-in.html
Well this black man is not insulted, but thanks for assuming how minorities should feel about it

And a overweight black woman is a mammie? You say that and then have the nerve to talk about things being insulting? Wow. I feel like you're late for a klan meeting or something. Disgusting.

Last edited by newhire13; 02-08-2023 at 08:40 PM.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 11:14 AM   #214
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
Well this black man is not insulted, but thanks for assuming how minorities should feel about it

And a overweight black woman is a mammie? You say that and then have the nerve to talk about things being insulting? Wow. I feel like you're late for a klan meeting or something. Disgusting.
Trolls had come out of woodworks?
Old 02-09-2023, 11:33 AM   #215
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Trolls had come out of woodworks?
Or the other...

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 12:03 PM   #216
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Hey, whatever floats your boat, I guess. But from what I’ve heard from black fans, it’s like getting sloppy seconds from white people who just want more Twitter likes, and that makes sense.

Quote:
Ooh, sorry for criticizing racial stereotypes. I thought klan members loved that kind of stuff. So when a woke person gives you this kind of representation….

…they’re the good guys?

I’m just saying, if April has to be black, then why does she have to weigh over 200 pounds and be kind of like a mother figure to the turtles, you know, like a mammy? As much as I dislike Rise, at least they treated black April with more respect.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 02-09-2023 at 12:12 PM.
Cowabung-Gal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 12:23 PM   #217
Roseangelo
Emperor

The plants are definitely flourishing.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 12:33 PM   #218
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The April in the leak doesn't give me "mammie" or mom vibes, more-so a semi energetic 30-year-old armchair sleuth who is a teacher in her day job. Possibly a journalism teacher, given the darkroom. (Or photography teacher, but the other sounds more likely.)
Old 02-09-2023, 12:39 PM   #219
IMJ
Emperor

That Miles Morales book cracked me up. It speaks to the absolute depths of stupidity of these people and their "allies" (allies. ALLIES. LMFAO! "Allies").

Marvel creates a book that literally portrays a black male into a caricature of "black behavior" and "blackness". He wears f'n kicks, runs around Rapping in the hood as Thor while tagging his own community. Marvel literally creates the most racist comic book of probably the last 45 years in support of wokesters.

Go head "kings" - celebrate that win.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 01:20 PM   #220
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
That Miles Morales book cracked me up. It speaks to the absolute depths of stupidity of these people and their "allies" (allies. ALLIES. LMFAO! "Allies").

Marvel creates a book that literally portrays a black male into a caricature of "black behavior" and "blackness". He wears f'n kicks, runs around Rapping in the hood as Thor while tagging his own community. Marvel literally creates the most racist comic book of probably the last 45 years in support of wokesters.

Go head "kings" - celebrate that win.
I mean, might as well call Black folks "Dindus" while you're at it.

Thank you for getting rid of Hamato Yoshi, Michael Bay and Co.! He was suuuuuper unnecessary.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tigerclawisashill