The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-27-2023, 08:04 PM   #1
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Dana White’s "Power Slap"

Anyone watch this garbage yet? I heard one dude got slapped so hard it actually shifted his jaw.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 10:38 PM   #2
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Yep. It's perfect background noise while Jupi and I eat dinner. It's kinda surprising how sometimes the smaller guys are barely affected and the bigger guys gets knocked the **** out.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 11:15 PM   #3
IMJ
Emperor

These kinds of shows are popular now for some reason. I saw a clip of one with these two gorgeous women doing it while Arnold Schwarzenegger sat on stage watching as a special guest.

But Dana White doing a show like that after recent events is irony and ridiculousness on another level, man.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 09:35 AM   #4
ssjup81
Foot Elite

This show is...weird and kind of, foolish? I guess, like boxing, I don't get why anyone would want to do that. It came on after AEW Dynamite and just kept it on instead of turning off the TV. I will admit that it's fun to riff on. This si definitely nothing I'd seek out to watch, like, "OMG, I have to see who gets the mess slapped out of them!" or whatever, but if it's on in the way that I mentioned, I might look at it and only if I have someone to watch it with who can also crack jokes and react to the absurdity of the entire thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yep. It's perfect background noise while Jupi and I eat dinner. It's kinda surprising how sometimes the smaller guys are barely affected and the bigger guys gets knocked the **** out.
Yeah, background noise is right. lol When you left to go to the kitchen or wherever during the part when that other dude showed up saying he was there for his family and truly needed it because his kid had some type of developmental issue and then got smacked out just had me scratching my head over why anyone would go that route. How is damaging yourself going to help your family? He didn't even get a chance to do any slapping. He was knocked out. You also missed that dude who said he'd been "slapping since 1994" that I told you about when you came back. He won his round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
But Dana White doing a show like that after recent events is irony and ridiculousness on another level, man.
I'm assuming Dana White is the bald-headed dude that's treating this like the Superbowl. He's so into this stuff and excited. In a way, I'd feel sorry for him if this "sport" doesn't take off since he's so invested in it, but also, like you said, it's ridiculous and shouldn't. I don't know much about this guy, but I'm curious as to what you're referring to here. Guess I'll google it.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 09:49 AM   #5
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
This show is...weird and kind of, foolish? I guess, like boxing, I don't get why anyone would want to do that. It came on after AEW Dynamite and just kept it on instead of turning off the TV. I will admit that it's fun to riff on. This si definitely nothing I'd seek out to watch, like, "OMG, I have to see who gets the mess slapped out of them!" or whatever, but if it's on in the way that I mentioned, I might look at it and only if I have someone to watch it with who can also crack jokes and react to the absurdity of the entire thing.Yeah, background noise is right. lol When you left to go to the kitchen or wherever during the part when that other dude showed up saying he was there for his family and truly needed it because his kid had some type of developmental issue and then got smacked out just had me scratching my head over why anyone would go that route. How is damaging yourself going to help your family? He didn't even get a chance to do any slapping. He was knocked out. You also missed that dude who said he'd been "slapping since 1994" that I told you about when you came back. He won his round. I'm assuming Dana White is the bald-headed dude that's treating this like the Superbowl. He's so into this stuff and excited. In a way, I'd feel sorry for him if this "sport" doesn't take off since he's so invested in it, but also, like you said, it's ridiculous and shouldn't. I don't know much about this guy, but I'm curious as to what you're referring to here. Guess I'll google it.
My understanding is he gave his wife (or girlfriend or whatever his SO is) a few rounds of Power Slaps of his own. So it's kind of ironic he's doing a show like this.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-28-2023, 09:55 AM   #6
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
These kinds of shows are popular now for some reason. I saw a clip of one with these two gorgeous women doing it while Arnold Schwarzenegger sat on stage watching as a special guest.

Yeah, I thought this thread title was a play on that incident. Insanity.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 10:27 AM   #7
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
I don't know much about this guy, but I'm curious as to what you're referring to here. Guess I'll google it.
He runs UFC and recently slapped his wife and it got out there for social judgement.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 10:45 AM   #8
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Dang! He was slapping around his girl or whoever? The way he looks when these dudes get slapped up and the way he describes it like a kid who just won the Nickelodeon Toy Run, all ecstatic like....geez. You can get some dark humor out of this...but yeah, that is super ironic that he'd come up with a show like this and turn it into an alleged "sport".
Old 01-28-2023, 08:18 PM   #9
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Dang! He was slapping around his girl or whoever? The way he looks when these dudes get slapped up and the way he describes it like a kid who just won the Nickelodeon Toy Run, all ecstatic like....geez. You can get some dark humor out of this...but yeah, that is super ironic that he'd come up with a show like this and turn it into an alleged "sport".
He probably be seeing the one dude knock out the other dude with a single slap and be thinking "Man, I gotta try that one on her the next time she makes horrible coffee!!"

Old 01-29-2023, 07:44 AM   #10
ssjup81
Foot Elite

You know, I never thought about it until it was brought up. I mentioned boxing but at least for boxing, you’re trying to avoid hits, bobbing, ducking, and weaving, but with this series, you’re taking hits directly to the head. It’s crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
He probably be seeing the one dude knock out the other dude with a single slap and be thinking "Man, I gotta try that one on her the next time she makes horrible coffee!!"
Oh you had to bring up the coffee thing! But yeah, I can’t help but think that now if I see him on that show. His eyes light up after every slap, hoping they slap their way into the house and how he’ll slap in his own!