The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 02-03-2023, 08:23 AM   #1
Roseangelo
Emperor

Seth Rogen Says Marvel Movies Are "Just Not For Me," an Adult with No Children

"Seth Rogen Says Marvel Movies Are ‘Geared Toward’ Kids: They’re ‘Just Not For Me,’ an Adult with No Children"

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/s...ds-1235510712/

This is the person who was put in charge of the next TMNT movie.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 09:48 AM   #2
Galactus
Foot Elite

I grow increasingly tired of film makers attempting to get easy headlines by criticising the MCU. That being said Rogen has a point that there should be more comic book content geared towards adults. If I had read these comments months ago it might have given me some hope about his potential approach for TMNT...then we got confirmation that the movie was a pilot for children's cartoon series and we got those designs and leaked storyboards that this is aimed at an even younger audience than the previous animated series. His comments here may seem hypocritical but I really don't think he's that involved with Mutant Mayhem.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 10:46 AM   #3
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
His comments here may seem hypocritical but I really don't think he's that involved with Mutant Mayhem.
I tend to agree, but Paramount has decided to pay him money to attach his name to it for whatever reason, so they must think he brings something to the table. I have literally no idea what that actually is.
Old 02-03-2023, 11:09 AM   #4
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

What about Deadpool? Or The Punisher? Or Venom? Those are Marvel movies (at least not Disney ones). Are those “geared toward kids”? I don’t think so.

So Seth has no kids, huh? Good. His kids would most likely become as screwed up as he is.
Old 02-03-2023, 11:19 AM   #5
neatoman
Emperor

I think he means the ones made by Marvel Studios and not simply ones using Marvel Comics characters, so Deadpool, Punisher and Venom would not qualify.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 02-03-2023 at 07:52 PM.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 11:58 AM   #6
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
I grow increasingly tired of film makers attempting to get easy headlines by criticising the MCU. That being said Rogen has a point that there should be more comic book content geared towards adults. If I had read these comments months ago it might have given me some hope about his potential approach for TMNT...then we got confirmation that the movie was a pilot for children's cartoon series and we got those designs and leaked storyboards that this is aimed at an even younger audience than the previous animated series. His comments here may seem hypocritical but I really don't think he's that involved with Mutant Mayhem.
I'm not sure his comments are hypocritical. He never said the TMNT movie he's involved with is for adults.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 12:25 PM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I think he means the ones made by Marvel Studios and simply ones ones using Marvel Comics characters, so Deadpool, Punisher and Venom would not qualify.
Netflix Punisher would count, though. And that's not for kids.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 04:00 PM   #8
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

He knows they are in the middle of finishing up their version of TMNT and about to start marketing it and yet he says something like this... geeze. Doesn't give one confidence.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 04:06 PM   #9
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wait. What?

Has he SEEN any Marvel movies? I've only seen a limited number of them, but they were perfectly enjoyable as an adult with no kid included. And then I'm super confused over him saying those aren't for him as an adult with no kids...but will do an even more kid oriented TMNT film?? This man is a walking contradiction.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 05:15 PM   #10
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

You can enjoy MCU movies even if you don't have kids, Because you were a kid once, And you either read the comics, or seen all the shows, So even as a grown ass man, You'll enjoy the MCU movies even more.
Old 02-03-2023, 06:17 PM   #11
Roseangelo
Emperor

Star Wars is also "for kids."
Old 02-03-2023, 06:53 PM   #12
Galactus
Foot Elite

I think most fans would be okay with a TMNT movie with the general tone of an MCU movie. They are generally light and comedic but they can get dark and mature when it's required. The Platinum Dunes series tried that but they failed because they were bad takes on that formula. Sadly I think the lesson they learned was to go way lighter and kiddier hence why we're getting Mutant Mayhem.

When Rogen was announced to be producing the next TMNT in among the jokes about him turning Mike into a stoner (instead of just sounding like one) there were people citing his involvement Invincible and The Boys as an indicator that we'd get something more mature and were excited about it. Obviously we know that's not the direction they were going with. I'm sure Rogen has some creative input into Mutant Mayhem but he's mostly just there for name value. The only time any news outlet discusses this movie is when he says something about it.

Last edited by Galactus; 02-03-2023 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-03-2023, 07:07 PM   #13
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
I'm sure Rogen has some creative input into Mutant Mayhem but he's mostly just there for name value.
I just don't understand the thought process that landed on Rogen as their "name."
Old 02-03-2023, 07:48 PM   #14
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
I think most fans would be okay with a TMNT movie with the general tone of an MCU movie.
This. TMNT would work well in a movie along the lines of the first Guardians of the Galaxy they'd shared the theater with. It might no be super adult, but it's family friendly without being childish.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 07:52 PM   #15
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
This. TMNT would work well in a movie along the lines of the first Guardians of the Galaxy they'd shared the theater with. It might no be super adult, but it's family friendly without being childish.
I always imagine what a TMNT movie would be if James Gunn ever directed a TMNT movie, He's really good with character development.

I really like all the character development you see in the IDW comics, And I want to see that stuff translated into the live action movies.
Old 02-03-2023, 07:54 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm scared out of my mind with this movie. This might be even worse than the emotional trauma I suffered when I saw nostrils on the Turtles back in 2014. I was traumatized seeing humanoid noses on the Turtles when their designs were revealed the first time, it's almost a decade later and I have yet to fully recover.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 09:19 PM   #17
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I really like all the character development you see in the IDW comics, And I want to see that stuff translated into the live action movies.
You're never gonna get that
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 04:46 PM   #18
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I just don't understand the thought process that landed on Rogen as their "name."
He's a reasonably well known name attached to some popular nerd stuff and to be honest it's not like there is that many big names who are willing to be associated with TMNT right now.
Old 02-04-2023, 06:44 PM   #19
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
You're never gonna get that
Agreed not going to see Shredder beheading children or Splinter still being an assassin. Secret History of the Foot Clan plus issue 5 of IDW with parts of 1-4 would make a standalone movie and the sequel could be anything to do with Krang. Personally I'd save Krang or Triceratons for a 3rd or 4th movie once you have audience trust. Maybe throw in Bishop?
Technogeek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:24 AM   #20
Ninjinister
無問題

Y'all need to quit making topics that have nothing to with Turtles in the Turtles sections.

Also who the **** cares