The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-28-2020, 05:50 PM   #3121
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
That’s an awesome story man! Yeah he’s really even more awesome in person than you’d hope someone would be.

I actually had commissioned him to draw me an usagi vs shredder with Leo as well. It was actually the first time he ever drew Shredder and he actually used the super shredder as reference and looks amazing. It’s one of my most prized possessions.
Pic? Sounds bad ass

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 05:52 PM   #3122
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfanuk View Post
I agree, 100%. A Usagi line WOULD sell. And it would be damn awesome. But I really don't think NECA are interested, sadly.
Yeah. I’d kill for an entire line with Gen, Jei, and more. Neca wouldn’t do it but someone like Super 7 might.

Who knows, we may get another cartoon outside of the one already announced on Netflix that’s more “classic” usagi.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:30 PM   #3123
King Kahn
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Pic? Sounds bad ass
Here you go. I just told him " I want Usagi to go up against shredder" and he sketched out the rest, sent me prelims to see if I approved (Like I am going to art direct Stan HA).

It is up on my wall with the rest of my original TMNT art from Eastman (Raph sketch and the original cover), Laird Head sketch), and some original art pages of the IDW comic by Dan Duncan.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:36 PM   #3124
mikey0
Foot Elite

Stan Sakai’s Shredder reminds me a lot of Super Shredder. Neat photo, King Khan.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:40 PM   #3125
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Here you go. I just told him " I want Usagi to go up against shredder" and he sketched out the rest, sent me prelims to see if I approved (Like I am going to art direct Stan HA).

It is up on my wall with the rest of my original TMNT art from Eastman (Raph sketch and the original cover), Laird Head sketch), and some original art pages of the IDW comic by Dan Duncan.
Very nice display my dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Stan Sakai’s Shredder reminds me a lot of Super Shredder. Neat photo, King Khan.
He literally said it was...

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 06:03 AM   #3126
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

Quote:

If you can explain to me how to put those pics up here I will share the work he has done for me as well. The Gen he done for me is absolutely amazing.
Old 12-29-2020, 07:08 AM   #3127
Btown
Hench Mutant

Quote:

so you're the owner of that! I've seen pictures of this around the web for some time and I love it! it's amazing piece!
Old 12-29-2020, 08:46 AM   #3128
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

There’s 1 Baxter and Splinter 2 pack left at the West Milwaukee Target
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 09:27 AM   #3129
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:

That's a great wall! Big time love/respect for OA collections...
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:02 AM   #3130
vicsavage
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
There’s 1 Baxter and Splinter 2 pack left at the West Milwaukee Target
Picked it up on your tip. Thanks!
vicsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:14 AM   #3131
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsavage View Post
Picked it up on your tip. Thanks!
Happy to help!

I think 2 is all they got at that location. And I dont think they got any Krangs but I did find one at the New Berlin location.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 11:26 AM   #3132
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Its crazy how fast these things disappear. I must have got that at the perfect timing. All 7 of the remaining Baxter Stockman The Fly and Splinter 2 packs were gone today just two days later.
Old 12-29-2020, 11:39 AM   #3133
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Someone on FB posted my target location had the Baxter and krang Christmas Eve at 930 am. By 1130 am, they were all gone. The picture shows five of each. It's no wonder I can't find these locally.

Guys...I think Turtle Mania is back for good.

Last edited by Shogun26; 12-29-2020 at 11:46 AM.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 12:25 PM   #3134
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun26 View Post
Someone on FB posted my target location had the Baxter and krang Christmas Eve at 930 am. By 1130 am, they were all gone. The picture shows five of each. It's no wonder I can't find these locally.
it's not scalpers that are buying them all, it's this CHC group....no one is listening
Old 12-29-2020, 01:04 PM   #3135
inaheap
Mad Scientist

A large number of collectors vs limited supply is definitely part of the problem.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 01:08 PM   #3136
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
A large number of collectors vs limited supply is definitely part of the problem.
seriously....whats the difference between a "group" of collectors clearing out shelves and a scalper....
Old 12-29-2020, 01:13 PM   #3137
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnHawk View Post
seriously....whats the difference between a "group" of collectors clearing out shelves and a scalper....
Many times not much. That said, if it is scalpers they will keep clearing out every time a restock comes. Once collectors have what they want they usually leave the rest for the next person. So if it is scalpers collectors that can't get there first will never see it. If it is fellow collectors there is a chance with multiple restocks you will be able to get one. That said I wish they would just start doing preorders for all of the TMNT.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 01:17 PM   #3138
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Many times not much. That said, if it is scalpers they will keep clearing out every time a restock comes. Once collectors have what they want they usually leave the rest for the next person. So if it is scalpers collectors that can't get there first will never see it. If it is fellow collectors there is a chance with multiple restocks you will be able to get one. That said I wish they would just start doing preorders for all of the TMNT.
like I said, I know a certain "group" that literally drives around on a daily basis and clears out the shelves for other collectors....I dunno, something about that just doesn't sit right with me. I'm not a scalper, nor do I choose to be a part of this "group", so i guess I'm just SOL when I look for these figures
Old 12-29-2020, 01:37 PM   #3139
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnHawk View Post
Because collector's don't tend to endlessly buy up supply. Collectors don't buy up supply endlessly even if they buy multiples or even buy multiples across a few occasions for whatever reason. But they don't arbitrarily buy out supply. Meaning that even if other collectors had to wait, it's likely the wait would be short and even more likely that you'll get what you came for off the store shelves for the appropriate price.

Scalpers buy up supply immediately as inventory because current ownership of an item doesn't satiate their need to purchase. Therefore real collectors have to wait longer with risk of never getting an item because scalpers hoard them in quantity. There is additional risk that a real collectors also now has to find a market of exaggerated pricing for an item while the item otherwise should have had a shelf life.

Seriously, you needed someone to explain this to you?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 01:42 PM   #3140
LincolnHawk
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Because collector's don't tend to endlessly buy up supply. Collectors don't buy up supply endlessly even if they buy multiples or even buy multiples across a few occasions for whatever reason. But they don't arbitrarily buy out supply. Meaning that even if other collectors had to wait, it's likely the wait would be short and even more likely that you'll get what you came for off the store shelves for the appropriate price.

Scalpers buy up supply immediately as inventory because current ownership of an item doesn't satiate their need to purchase. Therefore real collectors have to wait longer with risk of never getting an item because scalpers hoard them in quantity. There is additional risk that a real collectors also now has to find a market of exaggerated pricing for an item while the item otherwise should have had a shelf life.

Seriously, you needed someone to explain this to you?
read my other post and I was being facetious